System Restore to Black Screen
Offline Legacy

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 25
Likes Given: 0
Legendary
System Restore to Black Screen

Okay, I was on my pc this morning just doing some random shit. And a recommended update for my AMD graphics card pops up saying theres a new update etc etc. I go to update it and begin installing it, during installation my pc screen goes completely black. I let it sit for 2 hours thinking it would fix itself but it didnt, so i did a force restart and logged into my pc but still black screen. I did a system restore (lost all my files because my windows 10 file was locked and i didnt know how to unlock it) and it seemed to work. I logged in again and still black screen. I keep receving an error message saying an application failed to start '0xc0000022'. I've searched this error message and its solution however, it all requires me to be able to download some tool and run it and it should fix it but i cant get passed the log in screen.
#StingerWhatsGood?
10 May 2016, 02:33 AM
Find Reply
Offline Leaf

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 24
Programmer
Re: System Restore to Black Screen

Could you uninstall the drivers for the graphics card and then reinstall them? Also if you lost all your files why not just reformat/reinstall windows? Uninstall/reinstalling drivers is the best bet if you can manage it imo.
10 May 2016, 03:07 AM
Find Reply
Offline Legacy

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 25
Legendary

I've tried to do a complete system restore but when I go to do that, it says missing a partition file or something like that. Or if I try to repair my OS: file it keeps coming back with unable to repair system drive. I'm going to do a clean boot from a usb and see if that completely resets my pc and gets rid of my problem.

Edit: I'm unable to access my files once I log in because its just black screen the entire time. Unless I ctrl+alt+del out. I'm guessing during the installation something went wrong and corrupted my graphic card drivers and windows cant seem to fix it.

Edit 2: She's fixed, although all my dank memes are forever lost. RIP.
#StingerWhatsGood?
10 May 2016, 03:51 AM
Find Reply
Offline Leaf

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 24
Programmer

Did you try starting in safe mode, that shouldn't load the drivers and you could've uninstalled through that as you shouldn't have gotten a black screen. Regardless glad it's fixed. Now go start collecting more memes
10 May 2016, 11:31 AM
Find Reply