12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian
RE: Teamspeak/Discord

Either way, Discord means you don't need either a website or Teamspeak since it does both quite well although not perfectly. That's why a lot of people favor it. Cuts back on both site costs and anything else.

Teamspeak can't make announcements or let people make posts, etc. Discord kinda can.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
13 Jul 2017, 01:45 AM
Find
Away SmG Blade

9 Years of Service
Threads: 127
Likes Given: 1
GeniusThanks From CloudDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterHalloweenChristmas 2018

Well after Discord was released, TeamSpeak has implemented a centralised account system aka MyTeamspeak. So basically Discord and Teamspeak are even for now.

Cost wise yes Discord wins. But Teamspeak will always stay in our hearts.
Stonks
13 Jul 2017, 04:50 AM
Find
Away SmG FlasH™

11 Years of Service
Threads: 102
Halo GodCrystal DonatorSmoothThe BombDiscord WarriorGavel of Trinity
DiamondGamerProgrammerThanks From Cloud

I use both TS and Discord, I really don't mind sticking to either. Discord has cool features and stuff, but majority of the clan that is active (Not only Aussies) go on TS. Pretty sure few members use discord, so if they could move to TS maybe that'll help? I mean I don't mind using either, just trying to provide a solution.
[Image: SPOILER_FlasH-1.gif]
13 Jul 2017, 08:38 AM
Find
Offline Kite

Zemox's maid
Donator
8 Years of Service
Threads: 55
Discord: Kite
Bronze MedalThanks From CloudGeniusDiscord WarriorJokerSilver Medal
HalloweenChristmas 2018Emerald DonatorBronyHalo GodHalloween 2019
Crystal Donator

@Flash
Thing is I'm pretty sure most of us don't mind moving fully towards one platform the better question is which one. I haven't seen some disorders like... Well I won't drop names comment on this so I'll continue waiting and maybe one of the more ranked members than I can create a poll and see how that goes...
13 Jul 2017, 09:27 AM
Find
Offline SmG Prodigy

OG Member
13 Years of Service
Threads: 59
Discord: OhMyProdigY#9496
GreenHalo GodSapphire DonatorThanks From CloudCS:GO Tournament AwardLegendary
FortniterThe BombCoolDrunkGamerChristmas 2018

Phoenix, owning a domain is 100% better than a discord. Discord you can only do so much. I feel we should stick with TS, especially since Phoenix talked about not needing a site. If we go to Discord the site would become even more useless, like Stinger said, and this place has been remade multiple times, and gotten different features and styles, and we didn't have to want a for an update by Discord, we never had to worry about everyone learning how to use it because we did it ourselves. Our servers are also protected and ran by a person with a degree in computer science, even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it he has a degree. Lastly with a site and TS, especially since our servers are physically owned by one of us everything is in our hands so there's no limit to what we can do and no outside source can do anything to hold us back. Basically its the difference between leasing a house and owning a house. Even if the leased house has some good features, the landlord is in control of how it goes so if you see a way to do something better, you couldn't do it without the landlord allowing it. But you own a house and no one can tell you what you can or cant do to the house.
[Image: 01wSZwN.jpg]
H2VGT: Oh My ProdigY
XboxGT: TheJakeProdigY
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OhMyProdigY/

13 Jul 2017, 10:22 AM
Find
Offline Kite

Zemox's maid
Donator
8 Years of Service
Threads: 55
Discord: Kite
Bronze MedalThanks From CloudGeniusDiscord WarriorJokerSilver Medal
HalloweenChristmas 2018Emerald DonatorBronyHalo GodHalloween 2019
Crystal Donator

Yeah prodigy I agree with everything u said entirely but this does raise the question how are we gonna get the discord fan boys to switch I know u hop on prod but.
13 Jul 2017, 11:19 AM
Find
Offline SmG Prodigy

OG Member
13 Years of Service
Threads: 59
Discord: OhMyProdigY#9496
GreenHalo GodSapphire DonatorThanks From CloudCS:GO Tournament AwardLegendary
FortniterThe BombCoolDrunkGamerChristmas 2018

To be completely honest they should have to come to the TS or they shouldn't be in the clan. Now if you don't like to use TS or discord or any other voice chat app for some reason then I understand so you can communicate through the site, but if we have a group of members who segregate themselves to discord because they don't like what we've been doing since 2010 then that's selfish on their part and that's just hurting the clan. For example if kite recruits someone and tell them come in TS and then someone else comes to the same new member and says, come to discord and the people in discord were like this is where the clan talks and then they're also being told by the people in TS the exact same thing. It's just not good business. Btw I like discord, i use it daily to communicate with my friends like i said in a earlier post so I'm not being the old guy hating on the new stuff. I'm just saying these things because I want whats best for the clan as a whole.
[Image: 01wSZwN.jpg]
H2VGT: Oh My ProdigY
XboxGT: TheJakeProdigY
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OhMyProdigY/

(This post was last modified: 13 Jul 2017, 12:30 PM by Prodigy.)
13 Jul 2017, 12:27 PM
Find
Away SmG Blade

9 Years of Service
Threads: 127
Likes Given: 1
GeniusThanks From CloudDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterHalloweenChristmas 2018
Shocked  RE: Teamspeak/Discord

Fully supporting his statements

Bringing the clan as a whole.. we have tried that many times (3 times in two years). What baffles me is how they can be making threads about what should we do when they don't participate? Idk if SuperSniper is here or not but he always comes and does the same bullshit, tells us "wow you guys are still alive" and says some stuff about improving and leaves. Hypocrite.

First of all, we can't get best of the both worlds (tldr of Prodigys post). Even if we manage to make a decision over two communication clients, some 'wonderful' people will still resist and stay the same and stubborn (not you Prod. you know who you are).

Second, let's just trash the cost and server collocation topic, what is the essential differential features for what these respective communication clients are known for. Let's see.

Voice. Check.
File Transfer. Check.
Multiple Server Connections. Check
Offline messaging. Check. (Yeah its in Teamspeak if your identity does not change)
Having fun while talking. Check

Now, its the decisions that admin takes so and how they treat this dilemma of ours.
Stonks
13 Jul 2017, 08:48 PM
Find
Offline SmG Hawk

12 Years of Service
Threads: 287
The BombBronze MedalLegendary

We've tried to get everyone together a few months ago.

Another problem with discord is that we have multiple servers, 1 that stinger made as a back for the SmG TS, one that Sligin has made for his H5, and then another one that I dont even know that the majority of the US members hang out on.
This is the issue with discord, even if we all switched to the same platform we would still be separated from everyone since people are stubborn and don't want to leave their room.
Some members say they want to be together, but they damn sure don't show it.
[Image: xYk6UVx.png]
13 Jul 2017, 08:51 PM
Find