Offline SmG indexcardqueen

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 13
Likes Given: 27
Discord: indexcardqueen#8240
GamerTwitterInstagram
RE: The SmG hierarchy

honestly my take on this is that the majority of boosters get their boosts free with the discord nitro they subscribe to so they aren't really going out of their way to spend money on the server. The cost of the nitro subscription goes straight to Discord and not to SmG, Discord just made up some ~perks~ to make it seem worthwhile to buy nitro. I'm not coming for the people who go out of their way to buy extra boosts I'm talking exclusively about the people who ALREADY subscribe to nitro and just use the boosts included with that subscription.
08 Jan 2021, 02:08 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Venus

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 25
Likes Given: 4
Discord: Venus
Boost GangInstagramTwitter

(08 Jan 2021, 01:26 PM)Alphii Wrote:
(08 Jan 2021, 03:02 AM)Venus Wrote:
(08 Jan 2021, 01:48 AM)Alphii Wrote:
(08 Jan 2021, 01:16 AM)Venus Wrote: Ya to be honest We don't deserve to be listed above but we still don't have any authority over a senior member or scout. Were just recognized because its a monthly payment so technically its a infinite amount of money given to discord for SMG to receive benefits.

- as long as you don't cancel it!

except your money aint going anywhere, and yes; you do have superiority lol.

The only superiority we have is where listed higher. Also Are money isn't going directly to SmG buts it third party benefits. Think about it. 5 times 12 is 60 dollars and some people like me pay for Nitro so thats 120$ a year that were indirectly giving to SMG. 

How can our money not be going anywhere?

Because if SmG got rid of the booster role and all your boosters, like the entire staff has like level 3 boosts. Plus your money is going nowhere lol. You can't change anything to the server lmao plus since you have nitro already, you already get emotes. If you wanna actually spend your money, donate lmao. SmG Donations are slowly dying.
Alright I'll leave it that I do believe that boosters shouldn't be listed higher but I think this is irrelevant as I don't really see any authority anywhere. I have a strong feeling that if I was lined up against Luminous or Rundas they would have more authority then me!

When I joined I always thought as scouts and seinors as higher ups then boosters. IT just logically makes sense. But I don't think are money is being wasted. Where giving smg small benefits I realize but where also funding discord so they can make it better which only helps SmG
08 Jan 2021, 03:26 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 268
Likes Given: 362
Discord: thyalphii
Graphics MasterStreamerInstagramPet LoverWriterHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord WarriorScoutBronze MedalGamerHalo GodSmG YouTuber
FortniterTwitterGeniusDiscord MasterThanks From CloudWarrior
OverwatchBronyArchitectSuper ComputerBug HunterCrystal Donator
LegendaryThe BombA Knight of The Round TableSupporter

(08 Jan 2021, 03:26 PM)Venus Wrote:
(08 Jan 2021, 01:16 AM)Venus Wrote: Ya to be honest We don't deserve to be listed above but we still don't have any authority over a senior member or scout. Were just recognized because its a monthly payment so technically its a infinite amount of money given to discord for SMG to receive benefits.

The only superiority we have is where listed higher. Also Are money isn't going directly to SmG buts it third party benefits. Think about it. 5 times 12 is 60 dollars and some people like me pay for Nitro so thats 120$ a year that were indirectly giving to SMG. 

Because if SmG got rid of the booster role and all your boosters, like the entire staff has like level 3 boosts. Plus your money is going nowhere lol. You can't change anything to the server lmao plus since you have nitro already, you already get emotes. If you wanna actually spend your money, donate lmao. SmG Donations are slowly dying.
Alright I'll leave it that I do believe that boosters shouldn't be listed higher but I think this is irrelevant as I don't really see any authority anywhere. I have a strong feeling that if I was lined up against Luminous or Rundas they would have more authority then me!

When I joined I always thought as scouts and seinors as higher ups then boosters. IT just logically makes sense. But I don't think are money is being wasted. Where giving smg small benefits I realize but where also funding discord so they can make it better which only helps SmG
lol bro relax keep your boost  Lul
[Image: image.png?ex=65f16158&is=65deec58&hm=82e...641cedddb&]
08 Jan 2021, 03:44 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline Rundas

The Juggling Act Of 1812
Scout
6 Years of Service
Threads: 99
Likes Given: 10
Discord: Rundas#0001
Emerald DonatorJokerScoutDrunkSilver MedalThe Bomb

edit: My lawyers tell me to say I don't intend to sound negative in this post, because well, I don't intend to sound negative. I don't mean any disrespect towards the staff in this post either. Or towards anyone. Just a good ol fashioned friendly suggestion from your friendly server skeleton is all.

Alphii I'm sure you could have waited for my post. I wasn't finished with it I now I have to rush through the rest of it. What a shame. It ain't gonna be as good now. Gonna put you in a headlock when this is over if I'm not immediately banned for posting this. There's also going to be a lot of stuff left out either because there's not enough time, or people have said it before me in this thread. So, Boosters. Should they be at the top? I don't think so. Is there any reason beyond "I don't like that they're higher than me on the discord wah"? Well yes, yes there is. They're killing forum activity. Kinda. 

I looked over all of the Booster profiles on the forum on January 4th, just to get an idea of what they're doing and what they've done. We have 27 boosters that are registered on the forum right? 12 of these are New Members, basically below 25 posts. Some of them even have 0 posts. The youngest of these New Member accounts is around 3 months old too, so it's not like they're brand new or anything. On top of the new members, there are 8 full members above those with below 75 posts. Almost 70% of the boosters are inactive on the forum. Why is the forum activity to low for these members? Forum activity seems kinda low just in general lately, seems like it's just the same 8 people talking, but that's a post for a different time. 

Basically what I'm trying to get at is having a role at the very top of the list, especially one that you don't even have to leave discord for, kind of kills any incentive to go on the forum. It also kills any reason for anyone to want to become a scout. Why should anyone want to put all that work in if joey macaroni over here can boost and be above them on the discord? Scouts and Seniors, due to having to post and get referrals respectively, have historically been more active on the forum. And they're kinda getting the short end of the stick here. 

To fix this, you could always rearrange the roles in the list, but I actually had another idea. Instead of people fighting for Scout or Senior to be at the top of the list, why not take a different approach to it altogether. Kind of a member-based approach if that makes sense. 

Why not make the roles in the sidebar go: 
New Member > Member > Senior Member > MOTM > Support > Moderator > Admin

and then for everyone below MOTM, you could have the roles change their color, but not appear in a different sidebar section. Those roles could probably go something like this: 
Booster > Donator > Scout 

While maybe not looking as organized as the current approach, I feel like this is definitely a better way of ordering things based on the importance of the roles within the community. Don't know if this would increase forum activity though. Fixing that is a bit beyond the 3 brain cells rattling around in my head. 

Another thing that would be cool was if we could choose what role to display out of all the roles we have on the discord like we can on the forum. Automating this process would probably be a nightmare, but asking a mod or support on the discord to do it wouldn't be that hard. You know, instead of being told no by all of them when I just want to rep scout. Honestly, I'd boost too if it didn't cover up that ugly scout green I've come to love. not that one person boosting makes a huge difference or anything. 

ps if I get sent to the shadow realm for this post, @Linamium can have my signed copy of space jam on vhs.
[Image: RundasDonePnG.png]
(This post was last modified: 08 Jan 2021, 04:25 PM by Rundas.)
08 Jan 2021, 03:46 PM
The following 5 users Like Rundas's post:
  • SmG Alphii, SmG indexcardqueen, Linamium, SmG Sanchay, SmG Xyna

Find Reply
Offline SmG Xyna

Zaddy SmG
Moderators
3 Years of Service
Threads: 110
Likes Given: 263
Discord: Xyna#7175
Boost GangLeague of LegendsStreamerOverwatchFortniterGamer
TwitterPet LoverInstagramDiscord WarriorThanks From CloudDiscord Master
Sapphire DonatorSweetSuper ComputerScoutEntertainerA Knight of The Round Table
Thanks From CloudSilver MedalEntertainerThe BombAdvanced DonatorSupporter
Graphics Master

(08 Jan 2021, 03:46 PM)Rundas Wrote: Alphii I'm sure you could have waited for my post. I wasn't finished with it I now I have to rush through the rest of it. What a shame. It ain't gonna be as good now. Gonna put you in a headlock when this is over if I'm not immediately banned for posting this. There's also going to be a lot of stuff left out either because there's not enough time, or people have said it before me in this thread. So, Boosters. Should they be at the top? I don't think so. Is there any reason beyond "I don't like that they're higher than me on the discord wah"? Well yes, yes there is. They're killing forum activity. Kinda. 

I looked over all of the Booster profiles on the forum on January 4th, just to get an idea of what they're doing and what they've done. We have 27 boosters that are registered on the forum right? 12 of these are New Members, basically below 25 posts. Some of them even have 0 posts. The youngest of these New Member accounts is around 3 months old too, so it's not like they're brand new or anything. On top of the new members, there are 8 full members above those with below 75 posts. Almost 70% of the boosters are inactive on the forum. Why is the forum activity to low for these members? Forum activity seems kinda low just in general lately, seems like it's just the same 8 people talking, but that's a post for a different time. 

Basically what I'm trying to get at is having a role at the very top of the list, especially one that you don't even have to leave discord for, kind of kills any incentive to go on the forum. It also kills any reason for anyone to want to become a scout. Why should anyone want to put all that work in if joey macaroni over here can boost and be above them on the discord? Scouts and Seniors, due to having to post and get referrals respectively, have historically been more active on the forum. And they're kinda getting the short end of the stick here. 

To fix this, you could always rearrange the roles in the list, but I actually had another idea. Instead of people fighting for Scout or Senior to be at the top of the list, why not take a different approach to it altogether. Kind of a member-based approach if that makes sense. 

and then for everyone below MOTM, you could have the roles change their color, but not appear in a different sidebar section. Those roles could probably go something like this: 

While maybe not looking as organized as the current approach, I feel like this is definitely a better way of ordering things based on the importance of the roles within the community. Don't know if this would increase forum activity though. Fixing that is a bit beyond the 3 brain cells rattling around in my head. 

Another thing that would be cool was if we could choose what role to display out of all the roles we have on the discord like we can on the forum. Automating this process would probably be a nightmare, but asking a mod or support on the discord to do it wouldn't be that hard. You know, instead of being told no by all of them when I just want to rep scout. Honestly, I'd boost too if it didn't cover up that ugly scout green I've come to love. not that one person boosting makes a huge difference or anything. 

ps if I get sent to the shadow realm for this post, @Linamium can have my signed copy of space jam on vhs.
hehe joey macaroni. I agree w this
[Image: Xyna_sig.gif]
08 Jan 2021, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Venus

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 25
Likes Given: 4
Discord: Venus
Boost GangInstagramTwitter

(08 Jan 2021, 03:44 PM)Alphii Wrote:

Lol sorry I like debates. I don't know if I'm right this is just what makes sense in my brain.
08 Jan 2021, 04:36 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service

(08 Jan 2021, 03:46 PM)Rundas Wrote: edit: My lawyers tell me to say I don't intend to sound negative in this post, because well, I don't intend to sound negative. I don't mean any disrespect towards the staff in this post either. Or towards anyone. Just a good ol fashioned friendly suggestion from your friendly server skeleton is all.

Alphii I'm sure you could have waited for my post. I wasn't finished with it I now I have to rush through the rest of it. What a shame. It ain't gonna be as good now. Gonna put you in a headlock when this is over if I'm not immediately banned for posting this. There's also going to be a lot of stuff left out either because there's not enough time, or people have said it before me in this thread. So, Boosters. Should they be at the top? I don't think so. Is there any reason beyond "I don't like that they're higher than me on the discord wah"? Well yes, yes there is. They're killing forum activity. Kinda. 

all my homies hate joey
08 Jan 2021, 04:38 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline Rundas

The Juggling Act Of 1812
Scout
6 Years of Service
Threads: 99
Likes Given: 10
Discord: Rundas#0001
Emerald DonatorJokerScoutDrunkSilver MedalThe Bomb

(08 Jan 2021, 04:36 PM)Venus Wrote: Lol sorry I like debates. I don't know if I'm right this is just what makes sense in my brain.

Part of the problem here is that there really isn't a right answer for this, other than what the admins say.

(08 Jan 2021, 04:38 PM)Alphii Wrote: all my homies hate joey

#fuckjoey2021
[Image: RundasDonePnG.png]
(This post was last modified: 08 Jan 2021, 05:11 PM by Rundas.)
08 Jan 2021, 05:10 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service

(08 Jan 2021, 04:36 PM)Venus Wrote:
(08 Jan 2021, 03:44 PM)Alphii Wrote:

Lol sorry I like debates. I don't know if I'm right this is just what makes sense in my brain.
this wasnt a debate lol  Lul
08 Jan 2021, 06:15 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Xyna

Zaddy SmG
Moderators
3 Years of Service
Threads: 110
Likes Given: 263
Discord: Xyna#7175
Boost GangLeague of LegendsStreamerOverwatchFortniterGamer