Current time: 23 Apr 2024, 06:09 AM

copyright
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232
Likes Given: 0
copyright

It's copy right infringement noobs! But who gives a damn, free is free. :)
12 Jul 2013, 06:27 PM
Find Reply
Offline Stealer

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 83
Discord: ShadowStealer7#1337
Re: Steam Summer Sale

:lol: Did someone mention stealing?

12 Jul 2013, 06:39 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

SmG McPet Wrote:
SmG Battlefire Wrote:But it's bad to steal something that's not rightfully yours either. Even worse when your making copies and giving to people that have no right over it at all. The state has the right to put their noses in. Companies spent money making things people like. And it's wrong to steal that product just because you don't want to pay.

No, the state doesn't have a right to step in. How soon we forget that companies and the state are NOT the same thing (or at least they aren't supposed to be)

And explain to me what exactly your stealing? As far as im aware there are still music files. You haven't taken anything.

Companies and state are separate. But the state must protect the peoples welfare. Which includes companies and small business too. We had this in the beginning of the United States tell now. You see after the Revolution, if someone has went against some certain terms and conditions. Then that shop or whatever can get the state involved. From case trials to sue to even jail time.

These products is under one name and one term and condition. If you break it you broke it and the law is against you. And if the law is against you then the state has the right to give the consequences. It's a 100% that if terms and conditions says if broken the law can be after you. Then it means that the state is part of the terms. Which also means that the state can go after you for a legit reason for the protection of someone else property.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
12 Jul 2013, 06:41 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

Nigga please. Just because a buisness writes a T&C doesn't mean jack shit. T&C, EULA's and the like are only valid when your using a product in the posession of someone else. If I own what I am using then they cant say jack shit.

Thats why copyright is bullshit. You cannot claim to own an idea. Thats horseshit. Its no different with an mp3 file, sure someone made that thing but you own that actual file. You can distribute shit yoi own as much as you like when it comes to physical things like a CD but the its blurred in digital ownership because they're is less way to prove who owns what. Thats all the more reason copyrighting in that scenario is bs.

You still haven't answered my question. If the orginal file exists what exactly are you stealing?
12 Jul 2013, 06:53 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

To answer your question. You bought a product right. But you decide to make copies of that product and give it to like 3 people. Now you not only you broke the T&C, but you stole the information from the file and made copies out of it. Which is stealing. Your stealing the information, making new copies and selling them.

Also the Copy Right is a legit law. It does not mean it's that person's idea. It's the protection of his product. Not is idea. From what I see it your saying it's stupid because you want it free. Which is ridicules when people spent money making their games and you decide to get a illegal copy of it without paying them back.
12 Jul 2013, 07:02 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

The information in the file you own belongs to you. Not the person who came up with the idea. Nobody cares what the T&C says. Sorry but its the truth.

You need a reality check. Copyright protection is a patent on a persons ideas. If it was simply about their product then I could create a nearly identical product and sell it as my own. You can't do that however, because the copyright is around the ideas that make that product possible. And this is horse shit. Its a way that media corperations can gain a monoply over ideas with high demand and can fix the prices because of it. Monopolies exist today, albeit miniaturized. Sure, no industry has ONE company dominating it, but then again do they need to? Look at the iPod. Other mp3 players exist, but they are inferior to what is frequently bought because Apple holds monopolies over the ideas that make the ipod work. And they know this, thats why they can sell an iPod for damn near $200 when an mp4 player can run for $50.

Now im not going to say I wouldn't want things free. If there is a buisness model which enables the best for both parties then why the hell would you want one that is much more in favor of one party? They want it because it makes them the most money off of sapps who are to self righteous to admit that if something was free they would enjoy it more. You, I don't know why you would support it. Something tells me, however, that it has something to do with the words "ultra-nationalistic".
12 Jul 2013, 07:22 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

You your saying that if you buy it yours and you can do whatever you want. There not logic behind that.
12 Jul 2013, 07:28 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

"There not logic" in that sentance, either.

I'd appreciate it if you'd come at me with something other than "you're wrong because you're wrong."
12 Jul 2013, 08:37 PM
Find Reply
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

Enough with your off topic discussions...
12 Jul 2013, 09:09 PM
Find Reply
Offline Ray88

12 Years of Service
Threads: 237
GhostLegendary
Re: copyright

continue niggas
[Image: 869aa92efa.jpg]
i7-5820k @ 4.7 ghz, Asus X99 sabertooth TUF, Kingston DDR4-3200 16 GB 
Corsair H110i GT AIO, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB x 2, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid