Need help we this
Offline SmG DiosD

10 Years of Service
Threads: 39
Likes Given: 0
Discord: SmG DiosD#5820
Fortniter
Need help we this

I have to summary the video but I watch the video like 4 times now and I have to say that I dont get any of it if you can help we this the video link is on: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/immigration/webcast.htm">http://teacher.scholastic.com/activitie ... ebcast.htm</a><!-- m --> please if you can help me I will love to see your respond that a HW of summer school I have to give it to the teachers like in 4 days because they give me some other work but this one I dont get please help me!!!!

I get some part of the video but no all
Name change from SmG Black in case your asking

[Image: 6374348431.png]
14 Aug 2013, 07:56 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline OldSpritz

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 57
Likes Given: 0
Re: Need help we this

Dude...This is about the history of our nation and how "LEGAL" Immigration
works. It is the process that that all individuals must go through to become a U.S. citizen. It shows the early start of the process and how this country began to allow foreigners to enter the country. The process was slow and a little harsh in the beginning. A lot of restraints and some bias was involved, to protect our citizens. In the past this country represented freedom. Freedom from dictators, freedom from tax burdens, freedom from religious bigotry, oppression and slavery. It was a country where you could actually make those dreams you have inside of you come true. A country where your desires and philosophy were more important than a fascist style government.
To the outside world, this country was a shiny city on top of the hill. The desire to come here was great. We realized this desire and built Ellis Island to both welcome foreigners in and to protect our citizens. To a lot of folks this is how their grandparents and great grandparents came and entered into the USA. We are a great people and a great nation. We are a nation of givers and a compassionate people who are willing to share our freedoms and greatness with the least of the least. We welcome with open arms the outsiders. In the past the only thing we asked was that they learned our language and learned our history. It is called assimilation.

The Poem by Emma Lazarus...

The New Colossus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset fates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Most countries will always allow the rich and famous and healthy in. The USA welcomes "ALL" in. We only ask that you go through the process our laws established.

The Statue of Liberty represents the Lamp...Ellis Island represents the Door.

Hope this helps...don'tknow what class this is for...
[Image: 1807757678.png]
16 Aug 2013, 06:10 PM
Website Find Reply