11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior
Some things need explaining

Dear Current Members of SmG,

Do not TL;DR this thread. What has been written here is important and will summarize to you what has happened recently in an unbaised and truthful manner, and one without rage or cursing (quite contrary to my nature, I assure you)

You are probably being lied to and/or given a false impression of what has gone done the last few months. I am sure at this moment you are being told or it is being implied that we are nothing more than troublemakers being weeded out, as this is exactly what I was told a year and a half ago (I will explain that later). I ask you to hear me out as I try to explain everything as best as I can and as truthfully as I can.

As a clan, So Many Guns as always been subject to extensive ammounts of drama, as I am sure you are aware. This should not be particularly a suprise to you. One of the greatest problems, however, is reiteration of exactly what the hell happened as time goes on, more specifically in that most of your information will come from a biased side, as you have no ability to hear the other side that is not in agreement with the staff of SmG. In essence, it is much like a divorced couple with children; if the father is not given visiting rights, you can only expect the children to adopt their mothers biased point of veiw without ever hearing a word from the father.

As you can probably tell at the moment, such a turmoil inducing situation has arised, and all though you are most likley a member, you happen to be out of the loop as this situation is a battle between Senior Members and the long time members of leadership, and it is this way for a specific reason; the issue that sparked the entire fight is one that has a long history of being swept under the rug and not dealt with: multiclanning.

A bit of history for you. Originally, the multiclanning rule only applied to games inside of SmG's spectrum of supported titles, namely H2V and HCE. However, at some point in time by someones decision (the exact details of which aren't really known, but it isn't necissarily important anyway), multiclanning was decided to be enforced on ALL clans, communities, whatever. This included xfire groups and many other things which may or may not sound rediculous depending on your stance on multiclanning. This new level of enforcment, while it may not have been conceptualized by these individuals, was certainly embraced by Cloud and other higher ups.

Fast forward to a few months prior to the time of writing this post, the obvious feeling of disdain by many, many members was treated almost as if a taboo subject, and was subsequently often halted with the locking of topics where the debate arised, with various retorts by the staff ranging from "it's not changing" to "talk to cloud" to "talking about this will divide the clan". However, at the time a former member by the name of Hiralis had come back to the forums to voice his complaints about a situation prior where he was kicked/left because he refused to leave an xfire community that was dedicated to creating custom maps (as Hiralis was a map maker). I say kicked/left because although he left of his own accord, his hand was somewhat forced in this matter.

The real issue began festering when Hiralis was banned after creating said topic. Many members took issue with this as they not only found Hiralis' leaving in and of itself crazy, but that he could be banned for voicing an opinion which contradicted the admins. Their excuse for those actions was that it was in how he said it rather than what he said, but some members felt as though this was a situation that rightfully warranted Hiralis' aggrivation, as many people did not agree with the standing of the multiclanning rule to begin with.

In a similar situation, a former member and moderator Hawk was also kicked, due to being in a joke clan created by Kantanamo and a few others. Many began becoming quite upset with the recently transpiring events, and set out to change the stance on this matter of multiclanning once and for all, whatever the cost. These members included Uzzy, Conflict and myself.

We began posting threads demanding for change, which of course were subsequently locked, trashbinned, deleted, you name it. However we refused to let this issue get swept under the rug like always. Admins such as Nero and Trinity reinforced the position that we were barking up the wrong tree, however they consistantly misinterpreted our goal at the time. We understood this particular situation required founder intervention- however, the founders (Cloud and Hoax) are not exactly the easiest persons to get in touch with. So we created a large enough discrepancy that would attract the attention of those who could or had access to contacting a founder. This resulted in chatbox bans, warnings among other disciplanary actions.

Ultimatley, Cloud and/or Hoax came to attention of the issue and began an attempt at changing the rule (which apparently is still going on to this day), although many different interpretations were released with no indication to finalization and were all retracted for re-evaluation.

The issue finally came to a head when a mass leaving spree was induced on Teamspeak where nearly 13 members resigned (the largest leaving spree in SmG history I believe, correct me if I am wrong) from the clan for various reasons, most of which were underlined by the poor action taken by leadership in regard to this matter and in general over time.

Most of said members joined Smoke Gamers, a Counter Strike clan formed by SmG members Vergo and Wilfred which had a top level domain and Teamspeak server thanks to former SmG member Xorcizt.

Earlier today, an issue arised were Xorcizt posted a thread complaining that members where talking bad about him in private forums due to his affiliation with Smoke Gamers and subsequently the demonized leaving spree members. While it is unkown what details Xorcizt had or how he obtained/leaked them, Xorcizt was banned for "leaking private info", despite the little evidence given or the fact that xorcizt was a reliable and trustworty member for a very long time, providing server hosting for Teamspeak when the clan was DOSed and had no place to go and many other things such as donations and minecraft servers (even when he wasn't a member of SmG)

And with that, I present to you all the fuckery that has gone down up to this point.
18 Aug 2013, 03:57 AM
Find

Unregistered

Re: Some things need explaining

inb4lock [vaderz]

drama queens.
18 Aug 2013, 03:59 AM
Offline Kant

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 2

[Image: MrTear.gif]

Beautiful.
Cloud likes to call me at 3:00AM, So i like to
Poke him!
[Image: HBxYrYN.png]
And ban him!
[Image: UhN1YcG.png]
18 Aug 2013, 04:02 AM
Find
Offline Legacy

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 25
Legendary

I believe Trinity should permanently step down from his Admin position. Sure he's Yellow, but he possess' the same power as the Red Guys. I will not deny the fact that he is a good Server Moderator, he keeps tracks of the Halo logs, updates SAPP when he needs to and is up to speed with any bugs/glitches that offenders abuse in our SmG Halo servers. Trinity no offense to you, I do not intend to 'flame' you but, I'd personally prefer that you would be better off as Halo Admin solely. My reason of this being is that, in some situations you handle them in the 'wrong'. Not saying that my way is the only way to solve a situation, but I believe that you irrationally handle particular problems. Again no intention to put you down, but this is criticism and everyone will cop it in their life time but you along with everyone should take this in and think about it.
#StingerWhatsGood?
18 Aug 2013, 04:07 AM
Find
Offline Rabbit

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 38

i actually read that all haha. yeaahh alot of facts in that post. i think trinity is doing a fine job.
18 Aug 2013, 04:10 AM
Website Find
UzzyFTW

Unregistered
54 Years of Service

And now X is getting banned for leaking sth?

Pff. Obviously someone did leak it to him but he gets banned. I am glad not to be here.

He did not even do anything bad and that's how you treat a loyal member who hosted servers and other things?
18 Aug 2013, 04:11 AM
Offline SmG Psych

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ S U C C ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
12 Years of Service
Threads: 92
Likes Given: 2
Discord: Psych#4540
Crystal DonatorLegendaryFortniter

Remember keep this as clean as possible. This forum is for sharing your feedback so *coughTrinitycough* there is no need to move, delete, or lock this thread in anyway.
[Image: jyECP6x.png]
18 Aug 2013, 04:13 AM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

Esspecially when this thread contains the truth, without any flame or bullshit. Everything that is written here is true, I assure you.
18 Aug 2013, 04:16 AM
Find
Offline «SmG» Cloud

The King
Administrators
13 Years of Service
Threads: 2,104
Likes Given: 107
Discord: Cloud#2911
Speaker of the HouseDrunkFortniterDrunkDiscord Warrior5K
A Knight of The Round TableGamerTwitterHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018
Valentines Day RubyGolden GuardianBoost GangHalloween 2019ScoutBug Hunter

Xorcizt is not really relevant. Either way he was the one that posted it publicly. That is why he was banned. Posting private sub forum information is certainly against the rules here even if it wasn't him that got the information. Yes it matters who told him that information but we don't know who it was so we cant take action.

Someone handed him the gun and he pulled the trigger.

X is been a good friend of mine for a while I don't know why he would do it but well things change.
[Image: b4eQPAf.gif]
18 Aug 2013, 04:24 AM
Website Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

Have you ever considered that perhaps X, as well as many others, are griping for good reason?

Saying he is a good friend and then chalking his actions up to "guess things change" doesn't seem like a healthy way to deal with the issue nor does it seem like something you should do as his friend. Then again, nobody can deny that as a clan we hadn't done the best job at dealing with issues which were hard, which I believe is why they have continuously resurfaced over time.
18 Aug 2013, 04:38 AM
Find