12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian
Re: "People would have no incentive to work"

Beasty Wrote::ugh: But you all get that's what I'm saying right? That there are motives other than getting paid?

One of the core arguments against any Marxist ideology is that people would have no drive to get up in the morning and work because they can't maximize their profits, but that's only assuming that making money is the sole reason why people do things. The example just proves how that's not the case. There's no monetary gain for saving that child- in fact, there's no gain to the man whatsoever. But he still does so for plenty of other reasons.
So all of this was a giant metaphor?
That's also why I want a job that I like rather than what my parents enjoy. I want the drive to do it, not the money.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
16 Sep 2014, 10:10 AM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

SmG Noobula Wrote:Let's just change our name to SmM.

Fuck yeah.

[Image: 636x460design_01.jpg]
16 Sep 2014, 04:23 PM
Find
Offline RockerJ

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 14

Beasty Wrote:But you all get that's what I'm saying right? That there are motives other than getting paid?

One of the core arguments against any Marxist ideology is that people would have no drive to get up in the morning and work because they can't maximize their profits, but that's only assuming that making money is the sole reason why people do things. The example just proves how that's not the case. There's no monetary gain for saving that child- in fact, there's no gain to the man whatsoever. But he still does so for plenty of other reasons.

But see, a human life is one thing, living under a totalitarian regime is a whole other ball game.
Minecraft: RockerJohn98
Halo 1 + CE: SmG RockerJ
Youtube: SmG RockerJ or Big Baby John

[Image: epiphone_les_paul_special.jpg]
[Image: rockerjohn98.png]
[Image: 28345.png]
16 Sep 2014, 10:14 PM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

The whole idea can easily be corrupted. Look at every nation that had that same ideology and failed. Having pure Marxism is impossible and it will never happen. The age of communism is over after the Cold war. After the Soviet Union collapsed the core of communism power and it's ideologies went with it.

Have you guys read Animal Farm? A very famous book that portrays this very well. It portrays the whole idea of revolution. The Animals rebelled and created a State.

Their 7 Commitments

1. Whatever goes upon 2 legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.

The 7 Corrupted Commitments in the end of the story.

1. The pigs start dealing with humans and end up walking on 2 legs.
2. The pigs end up thinking any animal who walks on four legs or has wings in inferior.
3. The pigs all end up wearing clothes.
4. Squealer changes this to 'No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets' because they decided to sleep on the humans beds.
5. Squealer changes this to 'No animal shall drink alcohol to excess' and end up getting drunk often.
6. Squealer changes this to 'No animal shall kill any other animal without cause'. Napoleon sentences anyone who was thought to be plotting against him (though he has no evidence) to death. Boxer is sent off to be killed and turned into glue when he breaks a leg.
7. Squealer changes this to 'All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others'. It is very obvious that the pigs come out on top and order everyone around.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
16 Sep 2014, 10:28 PM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

SmG RockerJ Wrote:
Beasty Wrote:But you all get that's what I'm saying right? That there are motives other than getting paid?

But see, a human life is one thing, living under a totalitarian regime is a whole other ball game.

How many times is someone going to have to tell you that Marxism does not necissarily entail totalitarianism before you grasp that simple concept?

Thats like someone saying all republics are corrupt elitist states that drone strike other countries. I mean really, think man.
17 Sep 2014, 12:10 AM
Find
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

I'd save the kid. Cause I wanna be a hero. I rather be dead saving somebody then be dead in my fucking sleep having the memory of a kid getting hit and fly 20 feet on the payment.
17 Sep 2014, 11:55 AM
Find
Offline RockerJ

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 14

Beasty Wrote:
SmG RockerJ Wrote:

How many times is someone going to have to tell you that Marxism does not necissarily entail totalitarianism before you grasp that simple concept?

Thats like someone saying all republics are corrupt elitist states that drone strike other countries. I mean really, think man.
If you want me to stop thinking that, show me from the past that Marxism works and is applicable to HUMANS. (not some dumbed-down, brainwashed, silly communists)
Minecraft: RockerJohn98
Halo 1 + CE: SmG RockerJ
Youtube: SmG RockerJ or Big Baby John

[Image: epiphone_les_paul_special.jpg]
[Image: rockerjohn98.png]
[Image: 28345.png]
17 Sep 2014, 10:26 PM
Find