discrimination
Offline Leaf

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 24
Likes Given: 0
Programmer
discrimination

Ok so a local school has a petition going around about discrimination. I'm curious as to what your opinions on the matter are? should a religious organization be able to choose people they employ based on matters of their religion? I think so. If an organization is openly doing something that goes against their faith then they could potentially loose customers. preaching one thing and doing another is hypocritical and I think private businesses should be able to hire based on religion. just my opinion, what do you think?
07 Apr 2015, 11:30 PM
Find
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232
Re: discrimination

If it's a private business, they set the rules and conditions who should be employed and who shouldn't. I support people who have to take on leave or have to do something due to religion while working doe. People with faith are allowed to bend the laws if they don't bend their faiths. I also support people who practice their own beliefs.

In this case the dude is gay, which is immoral and a great sin in most religions. It's being accepted in the United States under the civil law. They have the right to be gay or lesbian, but it's considered as a big sin in religion. Back in 2003 they said gay marriage is totally retarded and shouldn't even be accepted. But now the vast majority supports it. Back in 2003, if this guy mentioned being gay he'll get fired and nobody would even do a petition. But society is accepting it as something ok so the kids feel like the teacher is being discriminated. I mean, it's like putting some very smart professor and then takes drugs and alcohol and stuff and then gets fired for confessing or getting caught being an addict. Is he being discriminated? No, he committed a sin and he might influence kids around him to also commit the same practices he does. The school doesn't want the teacher to influence the minds of the students in the matter of same sex marriage.

I'm just sharing from a religious view point.
07 Apr 2015, 11:47 PM
Find
Offline SmG HoaX

13 Years of Service
Threads: 111
Likes Given: 20
Thanks From CloudLegendaryGhost

for example if a private business only hires black people or white people it will send a bad message but then again here in the US the 1st amendment holds your rights of free speech therefore what you say or dont say cannot be infringed upon but it has its limits in the counties and states but the Constitution should be placed as a supreme law or federal law in all states so it overrules any state or county laws.
[Image: bvz11LC.jpg]
08 Apr 2015, 12:11 AM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

SmG Leaf Wrote:Ok so a local school has a petition going around about discrimination. I'm curious as to what your opinions on the matter are? should a religious organization be able to choose people they employ based on matters of their religion? I think so. If an organization is openly doing something that goes against their faith then they could potentially loose customers. preaching one thing and doing another is hypocritical and I think private businesses should be able to hire based on religion. just my opinion, what do you think?

Glad to know this takes priority over the employment opportunities of human beings. How dare one have to render unto Caesar that which is Caesars. I mean, it's not as if there are already instances in which corporations and people are required to surrender freedom in the name of social good, right? Can you imagine something like that, oh the humanity.

It doesn't matter, God is dying anyways. These questions will appear less and less until they have become but mere satire. God is dead, and their dying breath is vibrating across the earth. In time, no one will know who they were. They were a crutch we overcame, and like a scab of our scars of growth, it will soon fall away, not of some intentional peeling, but of the natural course of the human healing process. Like baby teeth, they have become too small to chew the food of our plates, and so they fall from our gums, and are replaced by things of more suitable nature.
08 Apr 2015, 01:54 AM
Find
Offline Leaf

Registered
11 Years of Service
Programmer

It's not just about business. There were complaints from co-workers who were uncomfortable working with a homosexual. That may be prejudice, but it went against their faith and they work in a private business so they CAN express their faith freely. not to mention the complaints from parents who were uncomfortable with it, not bc of homophobia but bc they send their children to that school to be raised in the catholic faith and felt that him working their went against their faith. the church teaches that homosexuality is a grave sin and letting him work their would be like ignoring the whole concept of mortal/venial sins altogether.

I understand where you're coming from but the whole point of a private business is to have more freedoms like hiring/firing based on religious values. I'm not against gays, but private businesses should have their own rights as well.
08 Apr 2015, 02:05 AM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

Their right to "express their faith" ends where another person's well being begins. The institution can hate fags more than the WBC for all I give a shit, but employment descrimination on things like sexual orientation is a federal crime, and for good reason. The first amendment ensures the freedom of speech. Speech is often times as far as that goes. You can think and feel whatever you want, but when it comes to actions, everybody plays by the same rules.

And I mean really, would you want it any different? I'm tired of listening to people go on about their freedom to do this or that. Freedom isn't synonymous with good. Tre are freedoms we understand as bad and so we intentionally limit them. For instance, I feel you'll find the supporters of the "freedom to kill those who annoy me" quite lacking. People don't want "Freedom" as a catch all term. Humans wan't concise and reasonable boundaries set up by those who (or assume themselves to) know what the hell they're talking about.

When one proclaims God is dead, this is precisely what they mean. God and religion where never physical concepts- rather, they were allegories utilized by society unconsciously to convey concise (debatable, but whatever) and reasonable (for the ltime) boundaries. Thus, the death of God is the destruction of God as an arbiter for human ethical mem
08 Apr 2015, 02:31 AM
Find
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

I hope you guys know religion actually have lee-ways in the United States. If they feel like there is a law that infringes their religious beliefs or practices, they are allowed to break only for religion. I mean you have to take it to court and explain. There has been a case where this guy was sacrificing chickens and this neighbor reported him for animal abuse, but then he said he was doing it for his religion and they let it pass.

I mean if i get fired for taking drugs i can say that violates my amendments too, because they are discriminating me for what i take. Hospitals don't draw blood from gay people because they have a much much higher risk of getting AIDs, but then they could arguably say that the hospitals are discriminating gay people.

In my opinion, I see that the private business have the authority to do such an action. They didn't break any laws either and I believe he was fired due to discrimination but in a reasonable way.
08 Apr 2015, 09:45 AM
Find
Offline Leaf

Registered
11 Years of Service
Programmer

Beasty you're missing the point. He can go get a job at any public school/business he wants. But private businesses can Hire/fire based on matters of religion. Hell they can even kick same sex couples out of school events like dances for example. The people going their pay 9k per year to have those freedoms and they still pay taxes for public schools aswell. If students/facultydont like it they can go to a public school and losea lot of the religious freedoms gained by paying for a private school.
08 Apr 2015, 10:33 AM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

Privet can hire anyone they want and deny anyone they want.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
08 Apr 2015, 11:27 AM
Find
Offline Vergo

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 33

SmG Battlefire Wrote:Privet can hire anyone they want and deny anyone they want.

True story :Check:
I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you....Stronger!                          

[Image: o6ldxq9c.png]
Tryouts done: 5
Fake's Caught : 24 Glitcher's Caught : 11 Hackers caught : 3

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnhDnr3hml3KGHDBoVlsn...G_yD9GeLoV]
[Image: 4062781678.png][Image: tumblr_inline_ng02a3R9WW1t635ft.gif]
08 Apr 2015, 02:04 PM
Find