13 Years of Service
Threads: 2,103
Likes Given: 107
Discord: Cloud#2911
Speaker of the HouseDrunkFortniterDrunkDiscord Warrior5K
A Knight of The Round TableGamerTwitterHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018
Valentines Day RubyGolden GuardianBoost GangHalloween 2019ScoutBug Hunter
Reputation Abuse

I haven't moved my computer yet so I'm stuck on my tablet for now. Anyways it has come to my attention that people think they can use our reputation system we worked so hard on as a toy. Reputation is a way for other members and users to have a quick overview of a user when interacting with them. There are some guidelines I'm going to layout in the rules but for now I'm going to give everyone a run down until then.

What is not allowed
-You may not flame a user in a reputation.
-Do not leave any personal information in reputation comments
-Gang Rep (multiple users agreeing to leave similar reputation on a single user): You and other members cannot gang rep other members with negative or positive reputation points.
-You cannot leave inappropriate content in reputation comments.
-False claims. If you are going to call a user out on something in reputation you need proof and it must follow all other rules and guidelines.
-Spam: Don't leave any spam or meaning less reputations on someone's profile. For example leaving a negative reputation and leaving a comment such as "LOL" 

What is allowed
-Leaving reputation of your experience when you interacted with that member.
-Links: You are allowed to leave links in a reputation as long as they follow all the rules.

More will be added to both lists so stay updated.

Repercussions of reputation abuse can lead to a ban, a reputation reset, reputation removed from your profile or the persons profile you left reputation on.

If you abused the reputation system bad enough then we admins may do something we call a Rep F*** which is when all your positive reputation is removed but any negative reputation is left and this normally will be followed by a -10 reputation by an admin.

I was hoping that I would be able to let members make the right decisions on their own but it seems like I am having to step in and be more strict on the reputation system.

Be aware these rules will change and be updated for now this is just a quick run down and overview of what we expect. This is also a warning to all users abusing to rep system.

It's not fair to everyone here that worked so hard to give you guys these features and you abuse them. So come on guys don't make things more complaicated I don't want to be strict on things like this. I know you guys will do the right thing.
[Image: b4eQPAf.gif]
(This post was last modified: 17 Jun 2016, 07:36 AM by Stinger.)
17 Jun 2016, 06:00 AM
Website Find