Current time: 28 Mar 2024, 06:46 PM

Poll: Should I oof myself.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
87.50%
7 87.50%
no
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

H2V Server Tool Development
Offline Conflict

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 30
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Conflict#7677
OverwatchGreenThanks From CloudSapphire DonatorThe BombDiscord Warrior
FortniterBronze MedalGatekeeperSmoothGold MedalSilver Medal
Gavel of TrinityGamerHalo GodThanks From CloudPet LoverChristmas 2018
RE: H2V Server Tool Development

Thanks for your hard work for our Community and making things easier for people.
[Image: 1SENE5V.gif]
23 Jan 2018, 01:20 PM
Find Reply
Offline Donald J Trump

9 Years of Service
Threads: 51
ProgrammerDiscord WarriorFortniterFlamerBronze Medal

Added a new screenshot of things I was playing with today, thanks to the rank fixes being applied by the PC patch I can control it Via server.
[Image: 6P0CtQT.png]
23 Jan 2018, 10:26 PM
Find Reply
Offline Killer Chief

Registered
7 Years of Service
Threads: 0
Thanks From CloudProgrammer

No need to thank me for implementing the rank fix and the BETTER VERSION OF xDelay of which I reversed myself and coded into xlive for PUBLIC USE! Good thing you made a tool to toggle these things, I was getting worried configuring a .txt file was too hard for some ppl making dedi servers -_-

Also since when can you toggle someone else's rank via a server? The player's displayed rank is client side controlled. You'd need an external tool to do such things... Of which we are not supporting since not everyone is going to use it thus it will split the community and cause even *more* confusion like we don't get enough with people still reporting 'how do I update the launcher' >_<

If something's going to be project supported, it's gonna be in the xlive.dll module. Get on our level with C/C++ or only do it to 1 or 2 servers max with alphabetically last names. Until the server list bullshit is resolved, I don't want another spam server sitting on the list blimping in and out at the top.
23 Jan 2018, 10:51 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline Donald J Trump

9 Years of Service

(23 Jan 2018, 10:51 PM)Killer Chief Wrote: No need to thank me for implementing the rank fix and the BETTER VERSION OF xDelay of which I reversed myself and coded into xlive for PUBLIC USE! Good thing you made a tool to toggle these things, I was getting worried configuring a .txt file was too hard for some ppl making dedi servers -_-

Also since when can you toggle someone else's rank via a server? The player's displayed rank is client side controlled. You'd need an external tool to do such things... Of which we are not supporting since not everyone is going to use it thus it will split the community and cause even *more* confusion like we don't get enough with people still reporting 'how do I update the launcher' >_<

If something's going to be project supported, it's gonna be in the xlive.dll module. Get on our level with C/C++ or only do it to 1 or 2 servers max with alphabetically last names. Until the server list bullshit is resolved, I don't want another spam server sitting on the list blimping in and out at the top.

This is a very condescending post and doesn't look good as the first correspondence from the PC staff but none the less I will take the time to respond to you as a good gesture.

>BETTER VERSION OF xDelay of which I reversed myself and coded into xlive for PUBLIC USE!
I tried using that but it was not working for me and has not been working for awhile as I understand it, So I just threw in some old stuff I had to do what I assume is the equivalent of it. No need to toggle your cruise control. It's also nice to be able to control a setting like this without restarting a server, maybe add it into a console command?

>Also since when can you toggle someone else's rank via a server?
You always could control it from the server, we only needed the tool to apply the fix in the past but since you guys added our fix to the DLL. This is no longer the case.

>If something's going to be project supported, it's gonna be in the xlive.dll module.
Refer to the last response; also to add it would take over one of the existing servers. If you have a problem with us releasing a ranking system right now and you have one planned to be release please by all means let us know and we can change plans. Although it is a feature that is planned for the end of development of the tool as I believe there are more important features to integrate before than.

>Get on our level with C/C++
Unnecessary although I did go ahead and refactor an older codebase of the PC project awhile ago to make it neater, you guys should think about doing it so new people can come around and help you develop. As It is right now even opensource it's basically just a clusterfuck and new people will be turned away unless thats the point.

P.S The "Ban display X" commands are broken on the server, but not to worry I figured out how to get the data I needed.
P.P.S The "Dedicated Command" string after every command is annoying.
23 Jan 2018, 11:01 PM
Find Reply
Offline Killer Chief

Registered
7 Years of Service

(23 Jan 2018, 11:01 PM)Tnak Wrote:
(23 Jan 2018, 10:51 PM)Killer Chief Wrote: No need to thank me for implementing the rank fix and the BETTER VERSION OF xDelay of which I reversed myself and coded into xlive for PUBLIC USE! Good thing you made a tool to toggle these things, I was getting worried configuring a .txt file was too hard for some ppl making dedi servers -_-

This is a very condescending post and doesn't look good as the first correspondence from the PC staff but none the less I will take the time to respond to you as a good gesture.

>BETTER VERSION OF xDelay of which I reversed myself and coded into xlive for PUBLIC USE!
I tried using that but it was not working for me and has not been working for awhile as I understand it, So I just threw in some old stuff I had to do what I assume is the equivalent of it. No need to toggle your cruise control. It's also nice to be able to control a setting like this without restarting a server, maybe add it into a console command?

>Also since when can you toggle someone else's rank via a server?
You always could control it from the server, we only needed the tool to apply the fix in the past but since you guys added our fix to the DLL. This is no longer the case.

>If something's going to be project supported, it's gonna be in the xlive.dll module.
Refer to the last response; also to add it would take over one of the existing servers. If you have a problem with us releasing a ranking system right now and you have one planned to be release please by all means let us know and we can change plans. Although it is a feature that is planned for the end of development of the tool as I believe there are more important features to integrate before than.

>Get on our level with C/C++https://smgclan.net/newreply.php?tid=18901&replyto=212788
Unnecessary although I did go ahead and refactor an older codebase of the PC project awhile ago to make it neater, you guys should think about doing it so new people can come around and help you develop. As It is right now even opensource it's basically just a clusterfuck and new people will be turned away unless thats the point.

P.S The "Ban display X" commands are broken on the server, but not to worry I figured out how to get the data I needed.
P.P.S The "Dedicated Command" string after every command is annoying.
>This is a very condescending post...
Cry more? I don't even want to help 90% of the time. I want this game to work for everyone and smoothly. I don't like half-assed effort or unfair advantages. Much like the base raping that happens on SmG CTF. A great way to make people happy playing this game indeed!

>>BETTER VERSION OF xDelay...
>I tried using that but it was not working...
When you enable xDelay, all players can delay or speed up the countdown. When you disable xDelay, non-host players cannot delay or accelerate the start of the game. This makes typing in chat a lot more bearable since what you type doesn't get wiped without warning... I die a little more inside every time this happens to me.

>>Also since when can you toggle someone else's rank via a server?
>You always could control it from the server...
Yeah but it still doesn't sync very well esp. for the player themselves on their screen. Good luck with that if you haven't fixed that already. Props to Supersniper for figuring that much out regardless.

>>Get on our level with C/C++
I was referring to external 3rd party apps being required and that we wouldn't support such a thing. Hence if something going to be integrated you'd need to code it in the native language of the game (C/C++). The 'clusterfuck' of a codebase is irrelevant. The core code for the project functionality is there and is relatively neat. Other people just attached extra code into the project in places that makes it look really bloated out and messy. We open-source the project so people who are capable of reversing or memory editing + C can make changes / additions. We are also here to help people make changes or are going to so we can give advice before time is wasted doing something that isn't adequate.

>Unnecessary although I did go ahead and refactor an older codebase of the PC project awhile ago to make it neater...
Refactoring the code especially without notifying the people who actually code things into the project is what delays development and very frequently has broken features of the mod. Implementing my menu system and config file changes could have been much simpler if people would actually communicate.

>It's also nice to be able to control a setting like this without restarting a server, maybe add it into a console command?
I never had the time to reverse native h2server commands to let you do that. The update was huge enough as is regardless and people wanted to get the new release out asap. Know that this is a future plan.

>P.P.S The "Dedicated Command" string after every command is annoying.
I'll pass this on to whoever's responsible.
24 Jan 2018, 01:24 AM
Website Find Reply
Offline Wolf

Best Poster
Scout
6 Years of Service
Threads: 16
Likes Given: 1
Discord: WolfLord_Wolfey
Sapphire DonatorThanks From CloudScoutChristmas 2018Warrior

Cool I guess  DealWithIt
[Image: SmG_Wolf_Sig.jpg?width=1025&height=275]
24 Jan 2018, 01:31 AM
Find Reply
Offline Donald J Trump

9 Years of Service

(23 Jan 2018, 10:51 PM)Killer Chief Wrote: >This is a very condescending post...
Cry more? I don't even want to help 90% of the time. I want this game to work for everyone and smoothly. I don't like half-assed effort or unfair advantages. Much like the base raping that happens on SmG CTF. A great way to make people happy playing this game indeed!

>>BETTER VERSION OF xDelay...
>I tried using that but it was not working...
When you enable xDelay, all players can delay or speed up the countdown. When you disable xDelay, non-host players cannot delay or accelerate the start of the game. This makes typing in chat a lot more bearable since what you type doesn't get wiped without warning... I die a little more inside every time this happens to me.

>>Also since when can you toggle someone else's rank via a server?
>You always could control it from the server...
Yeah but it still doesn't sync very well esp. for the player themselves on their screen. Good luck with that if you haven't fixed that already. Props to Supersniper for figuring that much out regardless.

>>Get on our level with C/C++
I was referring to external 3rd party apps being required and that we wouldn't support such a thing. Hence if something going to be integrated you'd need to code it in the native language of the game (C/C++). The 'clusterfuck' of a codebase is irrelevant. The core code for the project functionality is there and is relatively neat. Other people just attached extra code into the project in places that makes it look really bloated out and messy. We open-source the project so people who are capable of reversing or memory editing + C can make changes / additions. We are also here to help people make changes or are going to so we can give advice before time is wasted doing something that isn't adequate.

>Unnecessary although I did go ahead and refactor an older codebase of the PC project awhile ago to make it neater...
Refactoring the code especially without notifying the people who actually code things into the project is what delays development and very frequently has broken features of the mod. Implementing my menu system and config file changes could have been much simpler if people would actually communicate.

>It's also nice to be able to control a setting like this without restarting a server, maybe add it into a console command?
I never had the time to reverse native h2server commands to let you do that. The update was huge enough as is regardless and people wanted to get the new release out asap. Know that this is a future plan.

>P.P.S The "Dedicated Command" string after every command is annoying.
I'll pass this on to whoever's responsible.

>Cry more?
Not crying just saying at least I put effort into not trying to sound like an ass about everything I guess the PC community still hasn't changed from being a toxic hell hole.

>non-host players cannot delay or accelerate the start of the game.
That is not what we were looking for.

>Yeah but it still doesn't sync very well
I does now.

>I was referring to external 3rd party apps being required and that we wouldn't support such a thing
Luckily I would be the one supporting it which would only be a servertool

>Refactoring the code especially without notifying the people who actually code things into the project is what delays development and very frequently has broken features of the mod.
That is because it's not done properly... Especially if it breaks things you can't just selectively refactor... In the end doing it correctly makes it easier to add new things.

>I never had the time to reverse native h2server commands to let you do that.
I would look into the place where the "Dedicated Command" string comes out it's probably been partially done already as we have taken it apart in the past.
24 Jan 2018, 03:15 AM
Find Reply
Offline Killer Chief

Registered
7 Years of Service

>>non-host players cannot delay or accelerate the start of the game.
>That is not what we were looking for.
Then what do you mean? That certainly falls within the definition of (Disable) xDelay. We were talking about xDelay after all. I just don't want to see another server with no countdown and instant starts. Hence why I intentionally didn't bring xDelay into xlive.dll until a better way was found.
24 Jan 2018, 03:51 AM
Website Find Reply
Offline Donald J Trump

9 Years of Service

Play to find out ;)
24 Jan 2018, 08:03 AM
Find Reply