SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Likes Given: 0
Discord: NotRelevant
RE: To all Minecraft players

(17 Mar 2018, 11:16 PM)MeteorShower16 Wrote: Why is minecraft so popular

And why should I try it cause I'm really curious and interested to find out
There are many reasons why Minecraft is a very popular game among most systems (consoles, pc, mobile, etc)
One reason Minecraft is so popular, is because you can do whatever you want in it. Want to build a mansion? Go for it. Want to create the world's coolest rollercoaster? Go right ahead. Even if you want to mess with some electrical engineering, Minecraft even has that as well (known as redstone).
There's two common modes for Minecraft, creative and survival. Creative mode allows you to build whatever you want with no restrictions. If the block exists, you can build with it. This is the mode I recommend for people with creativity and patience (lots of it).
The second mode (and arguably more popular) is the survival mode. It's exactly how it sounds, you're put into a world with limited resources but an infinite world to generate (Ok it's technically not infinite, but you'd have to walk several days straight to see the end of the world). It doesn't have a life system, so one punishment of dieing is losing all your items. Fear not, since you can go back and pick them up after death (assuming they didn't despawn).
And if you want a REALLY tuff challenge, try hardcore mode. Probably the least used mode in the game. It's exactly the same as survival mode except for one catch, you only have one life. If you die in hardcore mode, you're forced to delete that world with no hopes of getting it back (unless you made a backup of it).
If singleplayer isn't your thing, then you can always hop onto multiplayer. Minecraft still has a VERY active fanbase, so finding a server will be no problem at all. Servers can range from survival to creative to even minigames. Minecraft is often joked about for having a fanbase full of kids, but honestly the community isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If you don't like hanging out with strangers, it's somewhat easy to set up a private server for just you and your friends (assuming you know your way around your computer)
Lastly, the biggest appeal to Minecraft is the mods. There are so many mods out there that it's not even funny. Want to fly a plane? There's a mod for it. Car? Go right ahead. Even want to craft a submachine gun for those pesky monsters? Have fun with it (just don't get too carried away)
Wow that was quite the essay. Hopefully this gives you a basic idea of why Minecraft became so popular. (One last fact I couldn't fit anywhere, Minecraft is updated pretty often. We actually have a new update coming that adds stuff like coral/fish to the oceans)

Bye nerds
18 Mar 2018, 12:36 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG ZzigZag

SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Threads: 27
Discord: Blank Orbit#2898
Discord MasterDiscord WarriorBronze Medal

(18 Mar 2018, 12:36 AM)NotoriousOpinions Wrote:

There are many reasons why Minecraft is a very popular game among most systems (consoles, pc, mobile, etc)
One reason Minecraft is so popular, is because you can do whatever you want in it. Want to build a mansion? Go for it. Want to create the world's coolest rollercoaster? Go right ahead. Even if you want to mess with some electrical engineering, Minecraft even has that as well (known as redstone).
There's two common modes for Minecraft, creative and survival. Creative mode allows you to build whatever you want with no restrictions. If the block exists, you can build with it. This is the mode I recommend for people with creativity and patience (lots of it).
The second mode (and arguably more popular) is the survival mode. It's exactly how it sounds, you're put into a world with limited resources but an infinite world to generate (Ok it's technically not infinite, but you'd have to walk several days straight to see the end of the world). It doesn't have a life system, so one punishment of dieing is losing all your items. Fear not, since you can go back and pick them up after death (assuming they didn't despawn).
And if you want a REALLY tuff challenge, try hardcore mode. Probably the least used mode in the game. It's exactly the same as survival mode except for one catch, you only have one life. If you die in hardcore mode, you're forced to delete that world with no hopes of getting it back (unless you made a backup of it).
If singleplayer isn't your thing, then you can always hop onto multiplayer. Minecraft still has a VERY active fanbase, so finding a server will be no problem at all. Servers can range from survival to creative to even minigames. Minecraft is often joked about for having a fanbase full of kids, but honestly the community isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If you don't like hanging out with strangers, it's somewhat easy to set up a private server for just you and your friends (assuming you know your way around your computer)
Lastly, the biggest appeal to Minecraft is the mods. There are so many mods out there that it's not even funny. Want to fly a plane? There's a mod for it. Car? Go right ahead. Even want to craft a submachine gun for those pesky monsters? Have fun with it (just don't get too carried away)
Wow that was quite the essay. Hopefully this gives you a basic idea of why Minecraft became so popular. (One last fact I couldn't fit anywhere, Minecraft is updated pretty often. We actually have a new update coming that adds stuff like coral/fish to the oceans)

damn son
You're one great explainer ~
I'm gonna try Minecraft for sure ~~~
(This post was last modified: 18 Mar 2018, 01:16 AM by CCPrincess.)
18 Mar 2018, 12:55 AM
Find Reply
Away SmG NotoriousOpinions

SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Discord: NotRelevant

(18 Mar 2018, 12:55 AM)MeteorShower16 Wrote:
(18 Mar 2018, 12:36 AM)NotoriousOpinions Wrote:

Wow that was quite the essay. Hopefully this gives you a basic idea of why Minecraft became so popular. (One last fact I couldn't fit anywhere, Minecraft is updated pretty often. We actually have a new update coming that adds stuff like coral/fish to the oceans) ***** son
You're one great explainer ~
I'm gonna try Minecraft for sure ~~~
Thank you!
I tend to talk alot if I'm passionate about something (AKA lots of essays)

Bye nerds
18 Mar 2018, 12:56 AM
Find Reply
Offline SheddSky

Registered
5 Years of Service
Discord: SheddSky#9283

Well Minecraft was mainly popular in the year 2013- 2014, but I still think it's a good sandbox game to play when you're bored.
[Image: 29d92c9.jpg]
16 Jun 2018, 07:35 PM
Find Reply
Offline Lazy Turtle

SmG Booster
Booster
6 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Discord: Yzaluwu#0915
Discord WarriorScoutTwitterChristmas 2018