Offline Victent

Banned
Banned
5 Years of Service
Threads: 6
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Dead
RE: Victent's Introduction

(17 Jun 2018, 02:31 PM)Apollo Wrote: Welcome to the community mate!

Thanks very much Apollo!
17 Jun 2018, 02:41 PM
Find
Offline LeroyFaure

Registered
5 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Discord: LeroyFaure#5736

Yo Vic, what is it like to live in Berck?
21 Jun 2018, 04:23 PM
Find
Offline Victent

Banned
Banned
5 Years of Service

(21 Jun 2018, 04:23 PM)LeroyFaure Wrote: Yo Vic, what is it like to live in Berck?

I've lived here all my life so I am quite used to it - the weather can be nice but it can also be horrible. In the summer, it can become flooded with tourists but they usually do make an effort to speak French unlike if you live in Paris where you have to suffer more often with ignorant tourists shouting at you in English or German! Berck has nice little locally owned shops rather than huge supermarket chains, which can be nice but it can be expensive too.
21 Jun 2018, 04:33 PM
Find
Offline LeroyFaure

Registered
5 Years of Service

(21 Jun 2018, 04:33 PM)Victent Wrote:
(21 Jun 2018, 04:23 PM)LeroyFaure Wrote: Yo Vic, what is it like to live in Berck?

I've lived here all my life so I am quite used to it - the weather can be nice but it can also be horrible. In the summer, it can become flooded with tourists but they usually do make an effort to speak French unlike if you live in Paris where you have to suffer more often with ignorant tourists shouting at you in English or German! Berck has nice little locally owned shops rather than huge supermarket chains, which can be nice but it can be expensive too.

Reims is a lot similar to that. Just a lot more older buildings and is also very tourist heavy especially near the Cathedral ! Is there much to see in Berck ?
(This post was last modified: 21 Jun 2018, 04:42 PM by LeroyFaure.)
21 Jun 2018, 04:40 PM
Find
Offline Victent

Banned
Banned
5 Years of Service

(21 Jun 2018, 04:40 PM)LeroyFaure Wrote:
(21 Jun 2018, 04:33 PM)Victent Wrote:

Reims is a lot similar to that. Just a lot more older buildings and is also very tourist heavy especially near the Cathedral ! Is there much to see in Berck ?

Ah but no, Reims definitely has far more interesting things to see than here. Besides the beach and a few little monuments there isn't really that much. If it is a rainy day, your entire day is ruined if you are here for tourism reasons. I definitely want to see more of the rest of France, and maybe even visit places in Germany and The United Kingdom. That's why I'm trying to learn German, so that when I visit I can actually be enriched in German culture rather than just be a generic tourist.
21 Jun 2018, 04:45 PM
Find
Offline LeroyFaure

Registered
5 Years of Service

Vic if you want to learn German the best way is to go and visit and surround yourself in the language, maybe change your games to the German language so you can learn and play at the same time
21 Jun 2018, 04:57 PM
Find
Offline Victent

Banned
Banned
5 Years of Service

(21 Jun 2018, 04:57 PM)LeroyFaure Wrote: Vic if you want to learn German the best way is to go and visit and surround yourself in the language, maybe change your games to the German language so you can learn and play at the same time

After I get my examination results for this year of university, I'm thinking about going to Berlin for a few days just to get a bit of an experience of what Germany is like - but yes you are right, surrounding yourself in a language is a good way to learn it xP
21 Jun 2018, 04:59 PM
Find
Offline LeroyFaure

Registered
5 Years of Service

(21 Jun 2018, 04:59 PM)Victent Wrote:
(21 Jun 2018, 04:57 PM)LeroyFaure Wrote: Vic if you want to learn German the best way is to go and visit and surround yourself in the language, maybe change your games to the German language so you can learn and play at the same time

After I get my examination results for this year of university, I'm thinking about going to Berlin for a few days just to get a bit of an experience of what Germany is like - but yes you are right, surrounding yourself in a language is a good way to learn it xP

Enjoy yourself and keep yourself safe buddy

Homra
21 Jun 2018, 05:04 PM
Find
Offline Victent

Banned
Banned
5 Years of Service

(21 Jun 2018, 05:04 PM)LeroyFaure Wrote:
(21 Jun 2018, 04:59 PM)Victent Wrote:

Enjoy yourself and keep yourself safe buddy

Homra

Thanks man I'll try my best to! I'll only go to Germany if my exam results are good though, cross your fingers for me xD
21 Jun 2018, 05:11 PM
Find
Offline LeroyFaure

Registered
5 Years of Service

Good luck with your results :)
21 Jun 2018, 05:31 PM
Find