whats your favorite region? :>
Offline SmG Novaztell

SmG Member
5 Years of Service
Threads: 15
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Novaztell #5120
RE: whats your favorite region? :>

(15 Jul 2018, 11:32 AM)theo Wrote: mine is Hoenn. (Kanto too)

Sinnoh was the most feature-rich and diverse region in the series. People hate on Pokemon caves but having a huge multi-tiered one that you have to come back to multiple times like Mt Coronet was neat. Honestly it's the best region IMO. Hoenn is a close second only because of all its water routes.

I'm partial to Hoenn, it gets a bad rap because of all the water etc., but I thought it was refreshing having a region that felt more "realistic" in that way. There was the mainland, and then a bunch of water with a few islands. I don't know, it struck me as being a region designed with more naturalistic concepts as opposed to the more "game designy" elements of the other regions. I think this is also reflected in the Legendaries for Hoenn, which were more nature/weather-based, and even the addition of weather itself.

Alola is certainly more tropical, and Sinnoh is more sprawling and diverse, but Hoenn was the one that most captured how I feel when I vacation in some lush, verdant place in the real world.

[Image: GraveFlakyHylaeosaurus-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: tumblr_pfe43m98zU1wxu241o1_500.gif]
12 Sep 2018, 01:59 AM
Find Reply