Banned from Discord, not sure what I did
Offline EddieFromTheFuture

Registered
5 Years of Service
Threads: 6
Likes Given: 0
Discord: EddieFromTheFuture#1499
Banned from Discord, not sure what I did

So it seems like everyone is posting their ban appeals with the form so I guess I'll do that too

1. Confirm you have read our Community Rules. Yes
2. Please state which Game and/or Server you have been banned on. Discord
3. Please state the exact name you were using when banned. For Discord, make sure to state both Username and #Number. EddieFromTheFuture#1499
4. State any other names you may have used separately. None
5. Please state the approximate date and time you were banned. Including your timezone. 8/17/2018 2 AM GMT-8
6. Please state the reason you were banned or why you think you were banned.  I stumbled on this discord server while looking up gaming related Discords and seemingly I was banned for no reason. I joined the Discord and someone said "chat dead like the Harambe meme" I recalled that I had recently saw a Harambe meme and wanted to join the conversation so I said something along the lines of "false harambe meme is alive and well" after which I tried to post a link to said meme. After attempting to post the link I was instantly muted. I realize now that the top of the #general chat probably says "No links" but to be fair in the #rules it doesn't say that you can't post links. After I was muted a support staff member by the name of SmG KiRbs posted an emote saying bye and started taunting me. I now realize that the deletion of my post was automated, but given the fact that he was mocking me made me assume that he had deleted the post and was now randomly muting me. Because I was under this assumption I messaged him essentially trying to figure out why I was muted, after which I was banned from the server.

7. Please state why you think you should be un-banned providing as much evidence as possible. I realize now that posting images in the #general chat is not allowed and will get you muted but 1) I don't think it's fair to be mocked for not reading the channel header when I already read the rules and was only a member of the Discord for about 2 minutes and 2) that messaging a moderator about why they taunted me/muted me(the latter which I presumed at the time but now realize is false) should warrant a ban from the server with literally no discussion at all. I have a few screenshots but I think the attached is the most pertinent. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I was banned for a misunderstanding, I don't think I was ever really disrespectful and I hope this can be resolved, and either way I apologize for not being more diligent when reading the channel header.

Sorry for the wall of text. The bottom text is just this in a different format and I mistakenly thought that I could just write my feelings instead of using this format.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,
 I stumbled on this discord server while looking up gaming related Discords and seemingly I was banned for no reason. I joined the Discord and someone said "chat dead like the Harambe meme" I recalled that I had recently saw a Harambe meme and wanted to join the conversation so I said something along the lines of "false harambe meme is alive and well" after which I tried to post a link to said meme. After attempting to post the link I was instantly muted. I realize now that the top of the #general chat probably says "No links" but to be fair in the #rules it doesn't say that you can't post links. After I was muted a support staff member by the name of SmG KiRbs posted an emote saying bye and started taunting me. I now realize that the deletion of my post was automated, but given the fact that he was mocking me made me assume that he had deleted the post and was now randomly muting me. Because I was under this assumption I messaged him essentially trying to figure out why I was muted, after which I was banned from the server. (obviously this implies I've read the community rules, which I have)

I realize now that posting images in the #general chat is not allowed and will get you muted but 1) I don't think it's fair to be mocked for not reading the channel header when I already read the rules and was only a member of the Discord for about 2 minutes and 2) that messaging a moderator about why they taunted me/muted me(the latter which I presumed at the time but now realize is false) should warrant a ban from the server with literally no discussion at all. I have a few screenshots but I think the attached is the most pertinent. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I was banned for a misunderstanding, I don't think I was ever really disrespectful and I hope this can be resolved, and either way I apologize for not being more diligent when reading the channel header.

Thanks,

EddieFromTheFuture#1499

Edit I was banned around 2:00 AM GMT-8

Attached Files Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 17 Aug 2018, 05:22 AM by EddieFromTheFuture.)
17 Aug 2018, 05:07 AM
Find
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian
RE: Banned from Discord, not sure what I did

We removed most links in the general chat because they could potentially clog up the chat. It was also used a precaution against advertisers and spammers. Also why would we have that in the rules? That would just make our rules extremely long and convoluted with different channels having different rules.
As for Kirby's actions, he just said 'bye'. He wasn't taunting you from what I can see from the screenshot. Most of the time, we assume spammers who join for 2 minutes and start posting links. 99% of the time we are right. And in my opinion, those people do not deserve our respect because they do not respect us.

For now I will unban you, but keep in mind that this is an extremely lenient action. By most standards you would be kept banned for a while longer. For now I will trust that this was just a small mistake and ignore the accusations you've thrown around. Just bare in mind that any further rule breaking will result in cumulative punishment stemming from this ban.

Please make sure you understand and have read the rules to prevent any future incidents.

/Locked
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
18 Aug 2018, 03:52 AM
Find