SmG Member
5 Years of Service
Threads: 10
Likes Given: 0
Discord: MentegaTerbang#7878
Hand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord Security

Hey mate..

I want to suggest something for the discord server..

First of all.. I'm not sure if you already know about this..

So.. Basically not everyone read the rules posted on the #rules section.. Not everyone read the help text on the #help channel.
So.. I have suggestion that you force them to read the rules and details about the community especially on the discord server and then accept it before accessing or doing chatting in your discord server.

The concept are :
When someone join the server, they didn't  have any role yet..
And they need to read the entire thing and at the end of the line, they need to react on the message to give them a role which automatically make them agreed about the rules and anything..
When they react on the message they will be given 1 role.
You can create 1 role (example named : Newcomers) and then make the public channel (public i mean the channel that's avaiable for everyone even the Non-SmG registered member) can only be seen by those who have the "Newcomers" role and above.
And then create 1 channel that's avaiable only for those who haven't accepted the rules and have the "Newcomers" role but unavaiable for those who have the "Newcomers" roles and above except maybe your moderators and admin role.
The "Channel" would be the welcoming channel.

If you a bit confuse, (if you can) DM me and i'll show you how it works via my discord server.
(Please note that this is not an advertisement)

And for the last thing, i didn't do this so i can get a role, a reward or anything like that in the SmG community.. I just want to be better and better  [Image: homra.png] 

And yeahh.. i've sent this message to the Founder via discord  [Image: 380880131440377856.png]

[Image: giphy.webp]

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
True nobility is being superior to your former self."

31 Oct 2018, 11:52 AM
Website Find
Away Valentina

Registered
5 Years of Service
Threads: 35
Discord WarriorScoutThanks From CloudDiscord MasterHalloweenFortniter
BronyChristmas 2018
RE: Discord Security

Seems too complicated if I could be honest, it sounds like a great idea; but effective? I’m not so sure about that
31 Oct 2018, 11:54 AM
Find
Offline SmG MentegaTerbang

SmG Member
5 Years of Service
Threads: 10
Discord: MentegaTerbang#7878
Hand-held/Mobile Gamer

(31 Oct 2018, 11:54 AM)leona Wrote: Seems too complicated if I could be honest, it sounds like a great idea; but effective? I’m not so sure about that

It is on my discord server..
Because everyone have to read the entire thing then accept it to gain the "Newcomers" role

[Image: giphy.webp]

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
True nobility is being superior to your former self."

31 Oct 2018, 11:57 AM
Website Find
Offline SmG Stinger

Reaper
12 Years of Service
Threads: 584
Discord: Stingaz#8558
Gavel of TrinityThe BombGuardianOverwatchThanks From CloudSpeaker of the House
LegendaryDiscord WarriorDiamondWriter5KGamer
The BombHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018Discord MasterBronze Medal
Cool

We already know that users dont always read our Rules and Help documents. Members typically dont read them either tbh.
Even when they agree to them, they often break them. Having a reaction system wont change anything xD

Not only this, but these users could just scroll passed all the rules and just react to bypass it anyway, so it wouldnt stop them.

Its also complicated (the staff would have to help everyone constantly with this new system), but newcomers might be annoyed and just not bother joining the server
Plus having 2 general chats would also become difficult to moderate. 

I will also add, that you shouldnt DM Cloud suggestions.... he's a busy guy. The reason we have this sub section is so that we can discuss suggestions when we have the time. Cloud should only be DM'd by the staff if its important  PepeOk

We appreciate your suggestion nonethless
/Locked
[Image: Stinger-1.gif]
31 Oct 2018, 11:43 PM
Find