Offline SmG Atlas Flame #6547

SmG Member
4 Years of Service
Threads: 10
Likes Given: 1
Discord: Atlas Flame
Valorant TournamentBoost Gang
RE: Why i think CS; GO went free

i mean no the game isn't dying its just people want battle royal more and want mostly that and that is fun yes but i think mostly just the game is getting old but hey this could be a good thing as well for the cs:go people who wanna play the game
[Image: ezgif.com-video-to-gif_1.gif]
07 May 2020, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Stizzy

3 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Stizzy?#8066

(08 Dec 2018, 01:53 AM)Hanzsu Wrote: I believe most of you say it's the fact that the game is dying yes? if that were the case why'd they make a battle royale version?
well here's my take on why they made the game free..~ Ever since games like overwatch and fortnite came out they popularized cosmetics which is a way of stylizing your character/hero maybe adding skins etc. unlike some games where you can pay for levels and stuff. Ever since this became popular people has been spending a horrendous amount of money, GRANTED it's optional and it doesn't give you any game advantage people have been attracted to these types of stuff. In my opinion (which i got from a youtube video and did some research for myself) companies are actually getting the next generation to be spending more virtual items which in turns profits the company, if you don't believe me do your research. This is a marketing strategy done my the devs of cs;go and it's turning in their favor. 

Well! please don't hate ;D it's just my opinion thanks for reading!

I'd agree 50% most people do love buying skins etc and although it's got no advantage it still is enjoyable for people as they get to have their own certain styles and so on. Definitely increasing profits for company's easily because of it but they're trying to join the BR scene and it's not worked.
The God Stizzy
10 May 2020, 01:13 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG MiniJappyChan

3 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Discord: JappyChan#6409

The game was just dying so they needed a way to make it popular again they did this with almost all the newer operations they came out in times of lower player pop and with skins in the game they still had a way to monetize the game. And with site like g2a they went making much money off the steam games sales as they were years ago
08 Jun 2020, 07:30 PM
Find Reply
Offline Fury.HYP

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 12
Likes Given: 2
Discord: Fury.HYP#5086
InstagramTwitterStreamer

they did it because they were losing players so they went ftp and the player base boomed... mainly from hackers and their alt accts
08 Jun 2020, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG solts

3 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Discord: solts#5752

After they made it free it pretty much went downhill. I use cheats on this game and I can tell you no matter how many times they change the anti-cheat a bypass will be released the next day. All Valve does now is release more cases.
06 Sep 2020, 12:21 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG piggysykes

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Likes Given: 1
Discord: piggysykes#6797

interresting.. TellMeMoar
[img][Image: c3XRVFc.png]
06 Sep 2020, 06:14 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Vish4SSAD

5 Years of Service
Threads: 2
Likes Given: 6
Discord: Vish4SSAD#9669

Well...it might as well not be free anymore. The only way you can play Ranked or get XP, drops or anything really is by having Prime. Already Valve is doing mass cleanup with 10K accounts being banned in a day.

(You also can't get Prime because no more XP by playing unranked...and you cant play ranked without Prime. So basically if you're looking to get into competitive CS:GO, you need to pay.)
[Image: vishh-v2.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08 Jun 2021, 05:40 AM by Vish4SSAD.)
08 Jun 2021, 05:39 AM
Find Reply