Offline SmG Silverine

SmG Member
5 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Silverine#5102
Christmas 2018
VR games

What is everyone's opinion of VR? I know its still in its infancy. I do have the HTC vive and the system to push it. 
Do you think it will replace monitors or stay as a gimmick?
I would rather have and not need then to not have it and need it.
23 Dec 2018, 01:01 PM
Find Reply
Away Valentina

Registered
5 Years of Service
Threads: 35
Discord WarriorScoutThanks From CloudDiscord MasterHalloweenFortniter
BronyChristmas 2018
RE: VR games

I think it's pretty amazing to see where technology has gotten us so far. I don't think it would replace monitors though due some people still preferring to play 3rd person.
23 Dec 2018, 07:05 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian

Although it may not necessarily take over monitors like DVDs took over VCR, it may replace a large amount of it. Future gaming might be VR dominated though.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
23 Dec 2018, 07:24 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Silverine

SmG Member
5 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Discord: Silverine#5102
Christmas 2018

(23 Dec 2018, 07:05 PM)leona Wrote: I think it's pretty amazing to see where technology has gotten us so far. I don't think it would replace monitors though due some people still preferring to play 3rd person.

The thing is if done correctly it could still do so even in a HUD (heads up display) still do 3rd person and give a still better experience due to being able to move ones head to turn rather then be held down by a mouse and a stationary position once we are fully wireless connected with next to nil latency (which is currently possible). Right now HTC vive does offer that but its severely limited by battery power capacity due to the amount of processing required at this point.

(23 Dec 2018, 07:24 PM)Phoenix Wrote: Although it may not necessarily take over monitors like DVDs took over VCR, it may replace a large amount of it. Future gaming might be VR dominated though.

The thing with that though is we will need more and higher resolutions to get it to the masses along with lighter units and most importantly cheaper to produce with higher quality then is currently offered to make it more viable. Though right now the main limiting factor is locomotion within VR as we need a reliable way to move within the system. There are things that try to trick that but we still don't have a glove for hands and feet yet and even body which I can see within the next few year for the prototypes to start but they will be very limited. Now I don't think I will see SAO or Ghost in the Shell in my life time but what has been archived shows it is possible. The fact that they have found ways to encode data into DNA is a testament to that if i do say so. Granted that it does cost more then most people make in 5 lifetimes to do so, it is a proof of concept at this time. God i do hope the Matrix or the terminator does not become a reality.
I would rather have and not need then to not have it and need it.
(This post was last modified: 23 Dec 2018, 07:54 PM by Silverine.)
23 Dec 2018, 07:47 PM
Find Reply