Registered
4 Years of Service
Threads: 161
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Skywings#3939
WriterDiscord WarriorScoutHand-held/Mobile GamerBoost GangHalloween 2019
Discord MasterTwitterInstagramValorant Tournament
RE: Arguments

Even though they drink or smoke, they're still human beings.No human beings should be denied the right for organ donation if they are in severe need of it.But I would recommend them to try and stop drinking and smoking  FeelsHugMan
[Image: image0_1.v1_1.jpg]
24 May 2019, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Nani

SmG Donator
Donator
4 Years of Service
Threads: 241
Likes Given: 42
Discord: Nani#8321
OverwatchGamerTwitterPet LoverDiscord WarriorScout
Discord MasterEntertainerDiamondHalloween 2019InstagramGolden Guardian
BronyDrunkGatekeeperEntertainerFortniterDiamond
StreamerValorantValorant TournamentCrystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerBoost Gang
Super ComputerThanks From Cloud

Thank you so much!
[Image: signature2.gif]
25 May 2019, 03:42 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG iamadopeperson

SmG Member
5 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Likes Given: 2
Discord: SachiV
Twitter

lets just be honest, its not their fault but we would have to make sure they wont get addicted again. and it also depends how addicted they were, they might go through MAJOR withdraw. so i would lean towards they deserve a second chance but i does depend.  (also if they do severely need it then they probably should do it)
SmG
IAMADOPEPERSON
25 May 2019, 09:24 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Nani

SmG Donator
Donator
4 Years of Service
StreamerValorantValorant TournamentCrystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerBoost Gang

(25 May 2019, 09:24 AM)iamadopeperson Wrote: lets just be honest, its not their fault but we would have to make sure they wont get addicted again. and it also depends how addicted they were, they might go through MAJOR withdraw. so i would lean towards they deserve a second chance but i does depend.  (also if they do severely need it then they probably should do it)

Like your answer! You are right
26 May 2019, 03:59 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Cayden

SmG Member
4 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Discord: Cayden

(24 May 2019, 02:52 PM)Nanii Wrote: Hey, smart people!

So for one of my classes next Monday I need to find good arguments about why a patient who drinks or smokes can still receive organ donation. It is for a debate!
 Help me win this one! Blush

Its the responsibility of people to save human lives

(25 May 2019, 09:24 AM)iamadopeperson Wrote: lets just be honest, its not their fault but we would have to make sure they wont get addicted again. and it also depends how addicted they were, they might go through MAJOR withdraw. so i would lean towards they deserve a second chance but i does depend.  (also if they do severely need it then they probably should do it)

Right answer : clapping

(24 May 2019, 08:55 PM)SkySlyaex Wrote: Even though they drink or smoke, they're still human beings.No human beings should be denied the right for organ donation if they are in severe need of it.But I would recommend them to try and stop drinking and smoking  FeelsHugMan

Good one well done
(This post was last modified: 26 May 2019, 06:23 AM by Cayden.)
26 May 2019, 06:17 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG KangarWu

SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Threads: 46
Discord: ₖₐₙgₐᵣwᵤ#8753

Salutations NaniGill,

It gives me great pleasure to assist you in this very biased argument with some unbiased thinking:

In my personal opinion, I believe those that have an addiction CHOSE that lifestyle as an easy way out to "reality". Thus it is THEIR fault for making such choices.

The word autonomy derives from a Greek word, which means "self-governing". People are most definitely capable of making their own choices/decisions that concerns their own life. If indeed people would like to smoke, eat fatty foods, or drink alcohol, this is their right to do so, correct? Of course, being addicted will stray them off the "autonomous choice".  We, the people that want to stop them, are acting like a "nannies" would preventing them from exercising their free will in regards to making said life choices, however. 

As Rose pointed out, needing a transplant might scare them enough into quitting. The addiction will often prevent the autonomous choice and being queued onto the transplant waiting list may help patients beat that addiction. 

IF lifestyle choices (whether good or bad) inhibit people from obtaining a transplant, then that should, for sure, apply to those doing "risky" activities as well. People who drive cars, ride motorcycles, ski, parachuting, etc.. would most likely receive the most appropriate care in the event of an accident. If that is the case, why is it the case? Why should those that do extreme sports, or even the status quo be excluded from transplant lists?

The NHS (for example): states the following
-That it meets the needs of everyone;
-That it is free at the point of delivery;
-That it is based on clinical need, not ability to pay.

Such argument stating that those with "good" lifestyle is actually contradicting those principles.

Thus, we can safely say that "bad" lifestyle choices should have the same appropriate care to those with "good" lifestyle choices.

p.s. Im all for those to quit smoking and irresponsible drinking.

p.s.s  "I need this by tomorrow" - anonymous
(This post was last modified: 26 May 2019, 10:54 AM by KangarWu.)
26 May 2019, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Nani

SmG Donator
Donator
4 Years of Service

(26 May 2019, 09:25 AM)KangarWu Wrote: Salutations NaniGill,

It gives me great pleasure to assist you in this very biased argument with some unbiased thinking:

In my personal opinion, I believe those that have an addiction CHOSE that lifestyle as an easy way out to "reality". Thus it is THEIR fault for making such choices.

The word autonomy derives from a Greek word, which means "self-governing". People are most definitely capable of making their own choices/decisions that concerns their own life. If indeed people would like to smoke, eat fatty foods, or drink alcohol, this is their right to do so, correct? Of course, being addicted will stray them off the "autonomous choice".  We, the people that want to stop them, are acting like a "nannies" would preventing them from exercising their free will in regards to making said life choices, however. 

As Rose pointed out, needing a transplant might scare them enough into quitting. The addiction will often prevent the autonomous choice and being queued onto the transplant waiting list may help patients beat that addiction. 

IF lifestyle choices (whether good or bad) inhibit people from obtaining a transplant, then that should, for sure, apply to those doing "risky" activities as well. People who drive cars, ride motorcycles, ski, parachuting, etc.. would most likely receive the most appropriate care in the event of an accident. If that is the case, why is it the case? Why should those that do extreme sports be excluded from transplant lists?

The NHS (for example): states the following
-That it meets the needs of everyone;
-That it is free at the point of delivery;
-That it is based on clinical need, not ability to pay.

Such argument stating that those with "good" lifestyle is actually contradicting those principles.

Thus, we can safely say that "bad" lifestyle choices should have the same appropriate care to those with "good" lifestyle choices.

p.s. Im all for those to quit smoking and irresponsible drinking.

p.s.s  "I need this by tomorrow" - anonymous
Thank you so much, smart kiddo.
I will definitely kill them tomorrow!
26 May 2019, 09:32 AM
Find Reply
Offline Rexy

Null My OVH
Banned
6 Years of Service
Threads: 39
Discord: Rahkwal#2409
Emerald DonatorPet LoverFortniterHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord WarriorSilver Medal
Thanks From CloudScoutTwitter

I’m good at arguments, but not when I have to over think them
11 Jun 2019, 12:05 PM
Find Reply
Offline Romiex

SmG Member
5 Years of Service
Threads: 8
Discord: Romiex#0020
Christmas 2018League of LegendsGamerThanks From CloudDiscord WarriorHalloween 2019
Valorant Tournament

simply people have equal rights and it would be so unfair to not give him a right that he deserves just because he got addicted to something that may not even be his fault
17 Jun 2019, 07:51 PM
Find Reply