Current time: 19 Apr 2024, 12:20 AM

Ghost Recon
Offline Cookie

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 55
Likes Given: 0
Ghost Recon

I was wondering if anyone else had this game for PC. It's quite an old game, being released at about the same time as Halo. I would recommend getting it because even though it's old and the graphics leave a lot to be desired. It can play full settings on my computer at about the same FPS as it is on low, but it's still immensely fun and there is still quite a large fanbase. The genre is Squad-Based Tactical Shooter and although the graphics aren't great the gameplay is uber-realistic. Some of the features it has blew me away. It has a built in feature that allows you to activate and deactivate mods with a couple of clicks. A simple replay feature which is nothing like Reach's, but it took Bungie 6 more years to make a replay feature. The enemy AI is puts the Intelligence in Artificial Intelligence, although like every computer program, they do tend to bug up occasionally. There's also a mission editor included with the game, that is as easy to use as it is resource filled. With the mission editor "IGOR" you can add new weapons, characters, vehicles (Sadly they cannot be driven by players), and even script amazing events. Compared to the Halo 2 Editor, IGOR is decades ahead, although it was from 2001. There are two expansion packs that I think are required to play online but I am not sure. The server viewer is similar to that of Minecraft where you are required to add in the servers manually. It does feature a complex hit/damage system based on what weapon you are using and the level of armour the enemy is using. This game isn't for everyone, it requires tactics and precision rather than heavy guns. If you want a more realistic team oriented game I would strongly suggest this. Unlike Halo which you could say most of the players would be willing to constantly "Run and gun" in this game, jumping from covering and shooting full-auto would almost guarantee your death.

Sorry for the massive wall of text but I wanted to give a most accurate opinion of the game possible. Currently you can get all three games of the Ghost Recon series on Steam in a pack, also bundled are the two expansions for the original game.

Also I am currently building a campaign for the game and I will notify anyone interested upon it's completion. Again I apologise for the massive wall of text.

There is also a fan website at GhostRecon.net if you need anymore information about the game.
Please give generously.
10 Oct 2011, 03:13 AM
Find
Offline SmG Hawk

12 Years of Service
Threads: 287
The BombBronze MedalLegendary
Re: Ghost Recon

Yeah i have it, it's an epic game.

EDIT: nope, i actual have Ghost recon 2.
But they are awesome games. :up:
[Image: xYk6UVx.png]
10 Oct 2011, 04:04 AM
Find
Offline SmG XLORM

12 Years of Service
Threads: 108
Discord: xlorm#0069
GhostChristmas 2018

where can i get it for free?
[Image: mysig-Copy.png]
10 Oct 2011, 04:14 AM
Find
Offline Cookie

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 55

There is a raffle running on the GhostRecon.net website and you could win a code for the whole set on Steam.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57111&st=0">http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index. ... 57111&st=0</a><!-- m -->
All you have to do is post your Steam username and you have a chance to win!
Or there is another way that I am not going to mention.
Please give generously.
10 Oct 2011, 04:26 AM
Find