The Juggling Act Of 1812
Scout
6 Years of Service
Threads: 99
Likes Given: 10
Discord: Rundas#0001
Emerald DonatorJokerScoutDrunkSilver MedalThe Bomb
A Constructive Critique of SmG 2: Electric Boogaloo

@«SmG» Wires, thank you for taking time out of your busy as hell schedule to reply to my thread. It means a lot to me. I’ve read your feedback to my feedback, and yes, I maybe definitely could have gone without personally attacking a certain mod who’s name rhymes with danger. It did nothing but overall hurt the point I was trying to get across. A big mistake on my part, and I will heavily consider these things when making posts from now on. Anyway, on to the meat and potatoes of this wild journey through words. This is hopefully going to be a shorter read than the last one though, I feel like that hurt reader retention just a little. Not great when you’re trying to get people to read. 

The first thread if anyone is wondering: 
    https://smgclan.net/showthread.php?tid=33564

I feel like you may be mocking me just the slightest bit, referring to my feedback with quotations. You say “feedback”. I mean I’m not saying that you are mocking my post, maybe that’s just how you refer to stuff and I’m overthinking it. This feedback clearly isn’t just my sole opinion though, a number of people clearly agree with my thoughts as you can see in the replies. I’m sure there are even more people than those that replied that agree, but didn’t reply because they were afraid of getting ass blasted by the staff. I wouldn’t take it just as my feedback just because I’m the one that posted it. I’m just the one who’s dumb enough to voice my opinions and post them. 

And yeah, maybe I am whining about SmG not being fun anymore. Is it wrong for me to expect more of a gaming community/clan with as many people as SmG has to be better than what it’s become? Like sure it’s ok right now. But why are you settling for “just ok”? SmG is literally stagnating and you’re settling for mediocrity. Cloud’s always going on about how great SmG is and how great SmG is going to be and he trusted you guys enough to put you in charge to help him with that, and you guys are failing to deliver. If y’all are really that swamped with work and life, and can’t do much beyond working on the forum or whatever it is the staff group does here, outsource some more help from your members. I’m not trying to call you guys lazy or the work you do unimportant, I just genuinely have no idea what you’re all doing. I’m absolutely certain there are tons of people that would love to help you guys improve SmG, and you should honestly probably have more help than what you’ve got with the number of members SmG has.

I'd really like to keep this as an open discussion, assuming everyone that takes part stays civil. That would mean a lot to me if you all would allow that. 

Edit: I keep catching bad grammar. 
[Image: RundasDonePnG.png]
(This post was last modified: 12 Mar 2020, 02:08 PM by Rundas.)
12 Mar 2020, 12:35 PM
Find
Offline SmG Lin

Loli Police
5 Years of Service
Threads: 60
Likes Given: 0
GamerProgrammerTwitterDiscord WarriorBoost GangCrystal Donator
JokerGraphics Master
RE: A Constructive Critique of SmG 2: Electric Boogaloo

I'd watch yourself, you are picking a fight that you're going to lose. Delete this and stop it before you get yourself in deeper troubles.
[Image: EVjjrKZ.png]
12 Mar 2020, 12:45 PM
Find
Offline «SmG» Pandora

SmG's Wandering Lurker
Administrators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 287
Likes Given: 25
Discord: Pan#7318
Emerald DonatorScoutDiscord WarriorLeague of LegendsGamerDiscord Master
TwitterHalloween 2019A Knight of The Round TableThanks From Cloud

The voice of someone who cares of SmG. He's not wrong to be honest. SmG may be heavy to tolerate, but it don't serve as much as how it's supposed to be. Not targeting any staffs out here, Pandora would never do that. I'm up for improvements only.

I love this place because I've known a lot of people in it and SmG has always been my first server and community I've taken part in. I've seen countless of people leave and new ones come so I'm always up for knowing more faces.
[Image: CSjPem7.gif]
12 Mar 2020, 12:52 PM
Find
Offline Linamium

Hey There
5 Years of Service
Threads: 49
Likes Given: 7
Discord: Linamium#4667
TwitterScoutDiscord WarriorHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord MasterGamer

(12 Mar 2020, 12:52 PM)Pandora Wrote: The voice of someone who cares of SmG. He's not wrong to be honest. SmG may be heavy to tolerate, but it don't serve as much as how it's supposed to be. Not targeting any staffs out here, Pandora would never do that. I'm up for improvements only.

I love this place because I've known a lot of people in it and SmG has always been my first server and community I've taken part in. I've seen countless of people leave and new ones come so I'm always up for knowing more faces.
Agreed.

But we do have to be patient and helpfull too.
Its best we try and come up with new ideas and do our best to help improve the Community KirbyPopcorn
[Image: CvEaOK8.gif]
12 Mar 2020, 01:02 PM
Find
Offline Rundas

The Juggling Act Of 1812
Scout
6 Years of Service

(12 Mar 2020, 12:45 PM)Lin Wrote: I'd watch yourself, you are picking a fight that you're going to lose. Delete this and stop it before you get yourself in deeper troubles.
If I get sacked for speaking my mind then so be it. Do not tell me what to do. I will not be deleting this.
12 Mar 2020, 01:09 PM
Find
Offline SmG Lin

Loli Police
5 Years of Service
Threads: 60
Likes Given: 0
GamerProgrammerTwitterDiscord WarriorBoost GangCrystal Donator
JokerGraphics Master

(12 Mar 2020, 01:09 PM)Rundas Wrote:
(12 Mar 2020, 12:45 PM)Lin Wrote: I'd watch yourself, you are picking a fight that you're going to lose. Delete this and stop it before you get yourself in deeper troubles.
If I get sacked for speaking my mind then so be it. Do not tell me what to do. I will not be deleting this.
I'm just trying to stop you from getting into more drama, the staff doesnt want this and neither the community.
[Image: EVjjrKZ.png]
12 Mar 2020, 01:14 PM
Find
Offline Rundas

The Juggling Act Of 1812
Scout
6 Years of Service

(12 Mar 2020, 01:14 PM)Lin Wrote: I'm just trying to stop you from getting into more drama, the staff doesnt want this and neither the community.

I'm not trying to start drama, I'm trying to help SmG out. And yes, maybe the staff doesn't want this, and that's part of the problem. My thread from last night seems to disagree with you as well, part of the community does want this.
12 Mar 2020, 01:20 PM
Find
Offline «SmG» Cells

That/Millionaire
Administrators
4 Years of Service
Threads: 170
Likes Given: 42
Discord: PKCell#5348
TwitterInstagramHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterA Knight of The Round Table
ScoutBoost GangAlienThanks From CloudGatekeeperSapphire Donator
The Bomb

This post was well spoken better than the first definitely. As someone who hopes to be here for SmG's future I want the community to get better man. @Linamium & @«SmG» Pandora I couldn't agree with you guys even more. I just hope Cloud mostly takes this in consideration because I still believe all your trying to do is help and it be a damn shame if staff ignores this(not dissing any of the staff when I say that). "Rock on London, Rock on Chicago, SmG represents gaymers"
[Image: Cellsig2d.gif]
12 Mar 2020, 02:01 PM
Find
Offline Sir Duck

Captain
Captains
10 Years of Service
Threads: 162
Likes Given: 24
Discord: Sir Duck#8774
Christmas 2018LegendaryDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterA Knight of The Round TableSupporter
GatekeeperEntertainerHalloween 2019DrunkProgrammerTwitter
InstagramBoost GangThanks From CloudBronze MedalGold MedalBug Hunter
Crystal DonatorThe Bomb

I would like to focus on following sentences :-
(12 Mar 2020, 12:35 PM)Rundas Wrote:      I feel like you may be mocking me just the slightest bit, referring to my feedback with quotations. You say “feedback”. I mean I’m not saying that you are mocking my post, maybe that’s just how you refer to stuff and I’m overthinking it. This feedback clearly isn’t just my sole opinion though, a number of people clearly agree with my thoughts as you can see in the replies. I’m sure there are even more people than those that replied that agree, but didn’t reply because they were afraid of getting ass blasted by the staff. I wouldn’t take it just as my feedback just because I’m the one that posted it. I’m just the one who’s dumb enough to voice my opinions and post them. 

Edit: I keep catching bad grammar. 

If we were not open to suggestions or was like a dictator then you won't be here speaking all this stuff . An admin won't be spending time on reading your whole paragraph and addressing your concerns.

(12 Mar 2020, 12:52 PM)Pandora Wrote: The voice of someone who cares of SmG. He's not wrong to be honest. SmG may be heavy to tolerate, but it don't serve as much as how it's supposed to be. Not targeting any staffs out here, Pandora would never do that. I'm up for improvements only.

We have a forum for feedback and suggestions . I think you know it as you were a staff member too . Why don't you put your suggestion there ?

(12 Mar 2020, 02:01 PM)PKCell Wrote: This post was well spoken better than the first definitely. As someone who hopes to be here for SmG's future I want the community to get better man. @Linamium & @«SmG» Pandora I couldn't agree with you guys even more. I just hope Cloud mostly takes this in consideration because I still believe all your trying to do is help and it be a damn shame if staff ignores this(not dissing any of the staff when I say that). "Rock on London, Rock on Chicago, SmG represents gaymers"
Talk of shame and check the way you putting up your suggestions.

Coming Back to Rundas:-

What you want in the name of fun ?
We go 100% NSFW ?
For your kind information , we are lenient 99 out of 100 cases . If we were not lenient then this community wouldn't have grown .

I am disappointed with you the way you putting up your suggestions. I wasn't expecting this from you .
It should have been more civilized (more like a gentleman)
I hope you understand .

My opinion as fellow senior member (Not as staff)
(This post was last modified: 12 Mar 2020, 02:59 PM by Sir Duck.)
12 Mar 2020, 02:27 PM
Find
Offline «SmG» Kalitz

S-senpai?
Administrators
8 Years of Service
Threads: 184
Likes Given: 1
Discord: Kalitz#0001
Thanks From CloudSapphire DonatorThe BombA Knight of The Round TableFortniterGamer
TwitterProgrammerDiscord WarriorGatekeeperGeniusSuper Computer
Pet LoverInstagramDiscord MasterEntertainerSmG YouTuberDrunk
Hand-held/Mobile GamerGold MedalValorant TournamentBoost GangBronze MedalEntertainer

If I may add my 2 cents to this, not as a staff member but as a fellow (senior) member myself, I certainly appreciate the sentiment behind this. Constructive criticism is always appreciated if there are aspects of SmG you, as members, feel are in need of improvement. SmG is a home for all of us, but this rings hollow if members of our family don't feel comfortable or happy here. So if there are such suggestions on how to improve SmG, by all means make them heard. However, these criticisms need to be presented a certain way. They should be constructive, in an effort to better SmG and not just point out it's flaws or point fingers.

I'd also like to leave a few links here as reference for some of our members who may be a bit newer and don't know of these, or older members who perhaps have forgotten.

If you have a specific suggestion for how to improve SmG, you can can make a thread here:
Questions, Feedback, & Suggestions: https://smgclan.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=37

If you wish to contribute directly to SmG, there are several ways you can do so. Here are a few.

Sponsor a Giveaway: https://smgclan.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=129
Host an Event: https://smgclan.net/showthread.php?tid=32561
Apply for Staff: https://smgclan.net/showthread.php?tid=28934
Content for Social Media: https://smgclan.net/showthread.php?tid=31614

Of course, there's no harm in continuing this discussion, so long as it remains constructive and non-hostile. Thank you all, and happy epic gayming!
[Image: kalitz.gif]
12 Mar 2020, 02:54 PM
Find