Our own subreddit?
Offline Lynx

6 Years of Service
Threads: 75
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Muss
FortniterDiscord WarriorInstagram
Question  Our own subreddit?

These last few months have been slow for our twitter and Instagram. Things have been very up and down with views and likes. As for followers, stagnant. Very stagnant. The idea i'm proposing is this, how about we move our presence to Reddit?

Allow me to elaborate for the non-reddit users here. Reddit is the "Front Page" of the internet. This place is where all kinds of groups and people congregate to vent, explain and propose thoughts, idea's and stories. You got religion, science, gaming, anime, politics, meme's and news articles. Even NATIONS and TOWNS have their own subreddits! 

I've done a bit of looking around for the two major platforms we use currently and from what I've gathered, the group of people you normally see on these platforms are this.

Twitter: Politicians, Celebrities, Charity Groups, Business', etc
Instagram: Influencer's, More celebrities, Meme Pages, Personal Accounts, etc

Common sense here, says that these aren't our target group that we as gaming community are trying to bring in. See, I believe we should move to Reddit for the sake of our relativity and presence. Reddit has groups for all and any. Its a place where we can share our stories, memories, moments and clips. Sounds like twitter and IG right? Like i said, the way we're gonna expand and become more well known among the masses of the internet, is if we make a big name for ourselves on a substantially larger platform. Reddit also allows us to advertise on other Subreddits as well, spreading our name even faster (completely optional). Now, i'm not saying we should abandon our twitter and IG, as that would be reckless. I'm saying we should drop more time and effort into a place where our mere existence could attract 2 or 3 times the amount of numbers we normally would. For my streaming friends, this would be a great opportunity to build your own name and our community on Subreddits like twitch or mixer. 

I'm going to break this down and put into an analogy. Our admin members are our head. Our arms are the supports and moderators. Our legs are our seniors, scouts, donator's, boosters, streamers and members. As for torso to hip, that would be our platforms... Reddit, Twitter, Youtube and IG.

The general logic i'm trying to present is this, if we wanna expand and bring in more folks, we're gonna need to go where our target groups are. And that place is Reddit. I wanna see this community blow up into a safe haven for gamer's everywhere. Right now, it seems to be that way, but i'm trying to show that this process could be sped up much, MUCH faster if we move somewhere were all you find is gamer's and weeb's.

Thank you for reading and considering. If you have questions, comments and idea's to add, you know where to drop them. 

-Muss
[Image: image0.gif]
13 Aug 2020, 07:17 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG LittleBeta

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 6
Likes Given: 2
Discord: Little Beta#4782
RE: Our own subreddit?

I find this to be a good idea just from what you've said. If research shows the audiences to be as such for the other platforms it seems worthy to try out this idea of using reddit. Regardless of the decision I hope the best for this and a possible increase in members and activity will occur.
13 Aug 2020, 07:20 PM
Find Reply
Offline Lynx

6 Years of Service

(13 Aug 2020, 07:20 PM)LittleBeta Wrote: I find this to be a good idea just from what you've said. If research shows the audiences to be as such for the other platforms it seems worthy to try out this idea of using reddit. Regardless of the decision I hope the best for this and a possible increase in members and activity will occur.

Thanks for the feedback, much luv from your lad, m u s s
13 Aug 2020, 07:21 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Wires

Protector of secrets.
Administrators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 174
Likes Given: 10
Discord: Wires #2306
CoolBronze MedalProgrammerSupporterCrystal DonatorGhost
Gavel of TrinityBronyThe BombGolden GuardianDiscord WarriorEntertainer
Halloween 2019InstagramDiamondBoost Gang

We’ll look into it. Growing social media is easier said than done. Generally speaking, it’s better to really focus on one or two things at a time over focusing on various different things at the same time.
[Image: wiressignaturefinal.gif]
14 Aug 2020, 01:06 AM
Find Reply
Offline Lynx

6 Years of Service

(14 Aug 2020, 01:06 AM)Wires Wrote: We’ll look into it. Growing social media is easier said than done. Generally speaking, it’s better to really focus  on one or two things at a time over focusing on various different things at the same time.

Thats what im getting at though. Although IG and twitter popped up first, they haven't really grown because of where they stand on the internet. As i have stated, it would be better if we moved to where the gamers go and setup shop there.
14 Aug 2020, 01:14 AM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Krul

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 5
Discord: tlc#1337

(13 Aug 2020, 07:17 PM)LynxIThese last few months have been slow for our twitter and Instagram. Things have been very up (Its   and down with views and likes. As for followers, stagnant. Very stagnant. The idea i'm proposing is this, how about we move our presence to Reddit? Wrote: Allow me to elaborate for the non-reddit users here. Reddit is the "Front Page" of the internet. This place is where all kinds of groups and people congregate to vent, explain and propose thoughts, idea's and stories. You got religion, science, gaming, anime, politics, meme's and news articles. Even NATIONS and TOWNS have their own subreddits! 

I've done a bit of looking around for the two major platforms we use currently and from what I've gathered, the group of people you normally see on these platforms are this.

Twitter: Politicians, Celebrities, Charity Groups, Business', etc
Instagram: Influencer's, More celebrities, Meme Pages, Personal Accounts, etc

Common sense here, says that these aren't our target group that we as gaming community are trying to bring in. See, I believe we should move to Reddit for the sake of our relativity and presence. Reddit has groups for all and any. Its a place where we can share our stories, memories, moments and clips. Sounds like twitter and IG right? Like i said, the way we're gonna expand and become more well known among the masses of the internet, is if we make a big name for ourselves on a substantially larger platform. Reddit also allows us to advertise on other Subreddits as well, spreading our name even faster (completely optional). Now, i'm not saying we should abandon our twitter and IG, as that would be reckless. I'm saying we should drop more time and effort into a place where our mere existence could attract 2 or 3 times the amount of numbers we normally would. For my streaming friends, this would be a great opportunity to build your own name and our community on Subreddits like twitch or mixer. 

I'm going to break this down and put into an analogy. Our admin members are our head. Our arms are the supports and moderators. Our legs are our seniors, scouts, donator's, boosters, streamers and members. As for torso to hip, that would be our platforms... Reddit, Twitter, Youtube and IG.

The general logic i'm trying to present is this, if we wanna expand and bring in more folks, we're gonna need to go where our target groups are. And that place is Reddit. I wanna see this community blow up into a safe haven for gamer's everywhere. Right now, it seems to be that way, but i'm trying to show that this process could be sped up much, MUCH faster if we move somewhere were all you find is gamer's and weeb's.

Thank you for reading and considering. If you have questions, comments and idea's to add, you know where to drop them. 

-Muss
Its a good idea but the problem is like I said what would SMG really post on Reddit? Gaming clips and screenshots might be a good idea but people don't usually go to Reddit and look for that necessarily.
14 Aug 2020, 01:07 PM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Pandora

SmG's Wandering Lurker
Administrators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 287
Likes Given: 25
Discord: Pan#7318
Emerald DonatorScoutDiscord WarriorLeague of LegendsGamerDiscord Master
TwitterHalloween 2019A Knight of The Round TableThanks From Cloud

All the memes, clips etc fits in the Reddit platform nowadays. It's a trend.
[Image: CSjPem7.gif]
14 Aug 2020, 03:09 PM
Find Reply
Offline Lynx

6 Years of Service

(14 Aug 2020, 03:09 PM)Pandora Wrote: All the memes, clips etc fits in the Reddit platform nowadays. It's a trend.

Shouldn't we board this trend before it disappears though?
14 Aug 2020, 03:35 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline AnaRCHy

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 159
Likes Given: 11
Discord: AnaRCHy#0001
Thanks From CloudLegendarySapphire DonatorThe BombGavel of TrinityScout
ProgrammerGamerPet LoverGraphics MasterSupporterDiscord Warrior
Discord MasterHalo GodEntertainerEntertainer

They would need someone to maintain the reddit page too wouldn't they?
16 Aug 2020, 09:19 AM
Find Reply
Offline Lynx

6 Years of Service

(16 Aug 2020, 09:19 AM)AnaRCHy Wrote: They would need someone to maintain the reddit page too wouldn't they?

Indeed! Each sub reddit has its own moderators to take care of the sub reddit
16 Aug 2020, 11:07 AM
Website Find Reply