Graphics MasterStreamerInstagramPet LoverWriterHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord WarriorScoutBronze MedalGamerHalo GodSmG YouTuber
FortniterTwitterGeniusDiscord MasterThanks From CloudWarrior
OverwatchBronyArchitectSuper ComputerBug HunterCrystal Donator
LegendaryThe BombA Knight of The Round TableSupporterBug Hunter
RE: Rules Button

if you what lol. You cut out

(01 Dec 2020, 02:07 PM)Wires Wrote:
(01 Dec 2020, 01:23 PM)Alphii Wrote: I feel like we should make a rules post along with having this rule button. I feel like truly not many people pay attention to the top bar for SmG and tend to have their attention on the recent posts. If we make a post with the reiterated rules, we could have more people easily following them. But thats just me.

Edit: it's not about spoon feeding them the rules wires, its about what actually reaches the demographic and attention we reach with our registered members, and some of our actual members. Most of them probably dont even know we have a report button or what the stat button even means.

Edit 2: Also i feel like we should actually re go over the rules for the forums, especially rules 3, 5, and 6. Rules 3 and 5 in majority as those are the most broke rules in SmG that people dont even know they're breaking. Like i said, if we make an updated post on the rules of SmG, we could help these problems @«SmG» Wires

If you can't see the bolded "Rules" link at the top of the page in front of your eyes, then users aren't going to go and look for a Rules thread in one of our forums. FYI the thread wouldn't stay in the forum stats above the Shoutbox for more than a few minutes. Not to mention, this is just another place we'd have to keep updated alongside the Help Docs and Discord rules.

I can assure you, reiterating the rules in a thread format won't solve any issues. Let's not forget that you're literally asked if you've read the rules upon applying to be a New Member. Whilst many people may just say "Yes", the onus is then on them to go and read them at some point. In addition, upon a user's first instance of trouble, they will be referred to the rules by a member of staff. Overall, we give users a lot of opportunities to read the rules before we take severe action. Any more and that's exactly what spoon-feeding is. 

To answer your 3rd edit, staff are very much aware of what goes on in the forum, especially in relation to 3, 5 and 6. We are sometimes lenient with how we apply the rules. We take things on a case by case basis.
If you

Understandable, and i get it PepeOk
[Image: image.png?ex=65f16158&is=65deec58&hm=82e...641cedddb&]
(This post was last modified: 01 Dec 2020, 02:17 PM by Alphii.)
01 Dec 2020, 02:16 PM
Website Find Reply