5 Years of Service
Threads: 96
Likes Given: 13
Discord: ScrubMart#0001
FortniterGamerTwitterPet LoverInstagramWarrior
Hand-held/Mobile GamerStreamerSmG YouTuberDiscord WarriorGeniusScout
Boost GangWriterGraphics MasterDiscord Master
Shocked  SmGcraft dead?

SmGcraft as we know is famous for saying 0 players I've come to explain where the players went and why they left. The people who I've chatted with seemed to enjoy it until something hit the mind, SmG craft had too many functions and plugins and no resets which left people confusing and bored. So what can SmG do, I suggest making SmG competitive factions and host event every week with weekly prizes, they can be as small as a rank or even we can make SmG buycraft it will all be for the fun of it!  SmG

SmG ScrubMart - "It may die but it will always be with us"
[Image: New_Project_11.jpg]
~ SmG ScrubMart
26 Jan 2021, 05:26 PM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Cloud

The King
Administrators
13 Years of Service
Threads: 2,104
Likes Given: 107
Discord: Cloud#2911
Speaker of the HouseDrunkFortniterDrunkDiscord Warrior5K
A Knight of The Round TableGamerTwitterHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018
Valentines Day RubyGolden GuardianBoost GangHalloween 2019ScoutBug Hunter
RE: SmGcraft dead?

(26 Jan 2021, 05:26 PM)ScrubMart Wrote: SmGcraft as we know is famous for saying 0 players I've come to explain where the players went and why they left. The people who I've chatted with seemed to enjoy it until something hit the mind, SmG craft had too many functions and plugins and no resets which left people confusing and bored. So what can SmG do, I suggest making SmG competitive factions and host event every week with weekly prizes, they can be as small as a rank or even we can make SmG buycraft it will all be for the fun of it!  SmG

SmG ScrubMart - "It may die but it will always be with us"

SmGCraft died because the player to server ration is too low. Competition is too high and minecraft isn't a game people play that much anymore. Most people get bored of it quickly. You can add plugins, mods, and whatever but I promise you minecraft will never take off unless you dedicated your entire community to it. Which we don't do because we play a wide variety of games.

We have had many minecraft servers over the years and have seen this happen about 10 times by now with SmG (search the forum for minecraft you'll see for yourself). Multiple types, multiple hosts, and many different server managers. All have died. I warned @«SmG» Wires about this numerous times before he started working on SmGCraft. But Wires is a great admin and an even better friend so I supported him even though I believed from the start his efforts might not workout. Plus he was doing it for SmG which I will ALWAYS support every time. Simply there is nothing anyone did wrong it is just how Minecraft hosting is.

Then on top of everything I have said Wires is busy IRL and wasn't able to work and make updates to the server. Out of respect for him and the work he created I keep the server running but do nothing else for it.

I respect the dedication and energy you have for this though. You are a true SmG member.
[Image: b4eQPAf.gif]
(This post was last modified: 26 Jan 2021, 10:31 PM by Cloud.)
26 Jan 2021, 10:27 PM
The following 1 user Likes «SmG» Cloud's post:
  • SmG Altair

Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Nukem

Former Admin.
13 Years of Service
Threads: 1,078
Likes Given: 16
Discord: trinityshock
Speaker of the House5KGuardianEmerald DonatorLegendaryThe Bomb
DiamondDiscord WarriorChristmas 2018Gavel of TrinityGold MedalHalloween 2019
GamerThanks From CloudBug HunterTwitterInstagramDiscord Master

In a nutshell, we keep it running for anyone who wants to play Minecraft for a while.
Don't piss off old people.
The older we get the less "life in prison" is a deterrent.
[Image: KKzbhsN.png]
I love how the Earth rotates, it really makes my day
27 Jan 2021, 12:19 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 268
Likes Given: 363
Discord: thyalphii
Graphics MasterStreamerInstagramPet LoverWriterHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord WarriorScoutBronze MedalGamerHalo GodSmG YouTuber
FortniterTwitterGeniusDiscord MasterThanks From CloudWarrior
OverwatchBronyArchitectSuper ComputerBug HunterCrystal Donator
LegendaryThe BombA Knight of The Round TableSupporterBug Hunter

I've talked to Wires about this actually. He said that when he has the time, he'll update it, but it died lol. If we had the support team for the game it would probably not have died.
[Image: image.png?ex=65f16158&is=65deec58&hm=82e...641cedddb&]
27 Jan 2021, 12:32 AM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG ScrubMart

5 Years of Service

(27 Jan 2021, 12:32 AM)Alphii Wrote: I've talked to Wires about this actually. He said that when he has the time, he'll update it, but it died lol. If we had the support team for the game it would probably not have died.

The update I'm talking about is a different type of server a factions server is just like rust in a way you gain value with spawners and you raid people

Btw can you dm me I have something I would like to say to you! Blush
~ SmG ScrubMart
27 Jan 2021, 09:19 AM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Wires

Protector of secrets.
Administrators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 174
Likes Given: 10
Discord: Wires #2306
CoolBronze MedalProgrammerSupporterCrystal DonatorGhost
Gavel of TrinityBronyThe BombGolden GuardianDiscord WarriorEntertainer
Halloween 2019InstagramDiamondBoost Gang

So I feel as though many of our members are owed an explanation, as I know the server was liked by quite a few users. There are a bunch of factors, but the reason why I haven't particularly worked on it or hired somebody else to do it is that I've had problems irl, this includes but is not limited to a relative of mine having cancer, I never had a laptop (now I do), I was let go by one of my jobs during the COVID period and financial difficulties. Whilst I progressively work through these issues of mine, I've naturally chosen to spend more time with said relative and take part in caring for them until they're better, which will be pretty soon, after the treatment.

Rest assured, if we have enough support then I'll look to get a small dedicated team behind SmGCraft. This may not happen within the next few days, weeks or even the next month or so, but I'm hopeful that it will happen.
[Image: wiressignaturefinal.gif]
27 Jan 2021, 04:46 PM
The following 4 users Like «SmG» Wires's post:
  • SmG Alphii, SmG Altair, «SmG» Cloud, SmG Ranger

Find Reply
Offline SmG ScrubMart

5 Years of Service

(27 Jan 2021, 04:46 PM)Wires Wrote: So I feel as though many of our members are owed an explanation, as I know the server was liked by quite a few users. There are a bunch of factors, but the reason why I haven't particularly worked on it or hired somebody else to do it is that I've had problems irl, this includes but is not limited to a relative of mine having cancer, I never had a laptop (now I do), I was let go by one of my jobs during the COVID period and financial difficulties. Whilst I progressively work through these issues of mine, I've naturally chosen to spend more time with said relative and take part in caring for them until they're better, which will be pretty soon, after the treatment.

Rest assured, if we have enough support then I'll look to get a small dedicated team behind SmGCraft. This may not happen within the next few days, weeks or even the next month or so, but I'm hopeful that it will happen.

I'd be glad to search plugins I cant play too much mc because I've been doing exams! I warn you that many people have been scammed! During my staffing days I've seen that the most popular thing you can do is make a design hub that transport players to other worlds and in those worlds it can be sky block, prisons, factions, survival, and minigames. This idea allow people to choose what they want. There are plugins that do automate this but it's very buggy.
~ SmG ScrubMart
27 Jan 2021, 04:57 PM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Wires

Protector of secrets.
Administrators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 174
Likes Given: 10
Discord: Wires #2306
CoolBronze MedalProgrammerSupporterCrystal DonatorGhost
Gavel of TrinityBronyThe BombGolden GuardianDiscord WarriorEntertainer
Halloween 2019InstagramDiamondBoost Gang

(27 Jan 2021, 04:57 PM)ScrubMart Wrote:
(27 Jan 2021, 04:46 PM)Wires Wrote: So I feel as though many of our members are owed an explanation, as I know the server was liked by quite a few users. There are a bunch of factors, but the reason why I haven't particularly worked on it or hired somebody else to do it is that I've had problems irl, this includes but is not limited to a relative of mine having cancer, I never had a laptop (now I do), I was let go by one of my jobs during the COVID period and financial difficulties. Whilst I progressively work through these issues of mine, I've naturally chosen to spend more time with said relative and take part in caring for them until they're better, which will be pretty soon, after the treatment.

I'd be glad to search plugins I cant play too much mc because I've been doing exams! I warn you that many people have been scammed! During my staffing days I've seen that the most popular thing you can do is make a design hub that transport players to other worlds and in those worlds it can be sky block, prisons, factions, survival, and minigames. This idea allow people to choose what they want. There are plugins that do automate this but it's very buggy.

Our plugins were never too much of a problem. Anyhow, for anyone who's interested in helping out, please post below stating so.
[Image: wiressignaturefinal.gif]
27 Jan 2021, 05:04 PM
Find Reply