Threads: 96
Likes Given: 13
Discord: ScrubMart#0001
FortniterGamerTwitterPet LoverInstagramWarrior
Hand-held/Mobile GamerStreamerSmG YouTuberDiscord WarriorGeniusScout
Boost GangWriterGraphics MasterDiscord Master
Thumbs Up  SmG Changes

Stop posting please and thank you..
SmG can have some changes to make the server and forums better I'm pretty pissed of right now because this is my third time writing this and it deleting
Forums
1.Create a guided video that can tell users how to use the SmG forums properly instead of making users read the rules so they dont end up ignoring them and they will be warned this will keep spam and unwanted posts.
2.Create interacting and fun things to do making forums more intresting is my job and duty to make SmG better even if I'm not staff I can help out.
3. Special roles and members creating special roles will end up making SmG players want more and more it's kind of a collect them all.
4.send weekly updates on forums to let people know what's happening to SmG and to be kept up to date.
5.making people get reminders on a platform that will keep them updated example remind is an app that will send alerts to users make sure that you dont do it too often or they will end up opting out.
6.Get the community together making special events or activities in forums will make the igured to come back to forums.
7.Take ideas from the community.
Discord
1. Branding our community making a limited item or sticker or intresting logo or even a rank will end up maki ng SmG allowing to expand on ideas they want to do.
2.Make decorations putting weekly and season decorations is cool and intresting.
3. Catchy, short, memorable phraes makes a memory that lasts a while in the brain which will remind people SmG is fun!
4.Enrich our bots I'm not talking about the useless bots nobody uses it's not it's worth having like owo ship mee6 and akinator.
5.Get rid of unused channels and replacing them with better ones this should be always done because channels that arent used are just sitting there with that white name that your OCD hates.
6.Add our server to advertise and make people come!
7.show what people are getting into when joining SmG
8.Get that vote in showing people or taking options what to add next is an excellent idea.
9.Making SmG more fun many users say SmG isnt fun it's always the same old same which will leave players inactive adding new thing helps entertain users.
10.Focus on the topic of the server maki ng the idea of the server this can be many just do go random.
11. Organize event from SmG and users makes it more fun and interactive 
12. Keep your server active making sure people stay is the number one priority.
13. Raid protection making users watch a video or read rules is a need since we have rule breakers that didnt know the rules second timer before people can speak leads raids bored and impatient.
SmG ScrubMart
[Image: New_Project_11.jpg]
~ SmG ScrubMart
(This post was last modified: 27 Jan 2021, 02:46 PM by ScrubMart.)
27 Jan 2021, 12:58 PM
Find
Offline SmG Xyna

Zaddy SmG
Moderators
3 Years of Service
Threads: 110
Likes Given: 263
Discord: Xyna#7175
Boost GangLeague of LegendsStreamerOverwatchFortniterGamer
TwitterPet LoverInstagramDiscord WarriorThanks From CloudDiscord Master
Sapphire DonatorSweetSuper ComputerScoutEntertainerA Knight of The Round Table
Thanks From CloudSilver MedalEntertainerThe BombAdvanced DonatorSupporter
Graphics Master
RE: SmG Changes

Alright here's my take
  1. The forums already has an entire page on navigation and FAQ that I think a majority of people just doesn't look at. It's extremely well made with videos and solid descriptionss
  2. no comment
  3. When it comes to the forums, there are many awards people can get and work towards
  4. There are SmG updates as things come out and change, there is no need to excessive spam. It should just be general knowledge that the staff team is always working on managing and improving SmG and constant updates telling the community this would be borderline spam
  5. ???
  6. no comment
  7. There is a suggestions thread in the forums for this reason. Cloud specifically has been running SmG for 10+ years now and knows what works and what doesn't. It's rare that new, unused, and good ideas are mentioned, but when they are they are almost always taken into consideration.
  1. SmG has a logo they are currently working with right now, there's no need to change it
  2. As long as I've been here, there were special decorations or activies for each major holiday so I'm not sure what you mean
  3. ??
  4. They just added like 4+ bots
  5. They actually condensed all the unused channels into #gaming recently. All of the channels are used to some extent and it seems fine right now from what I can tell
  6. SmG is advertised
  7. How?? There are info and rule pages already. The best way to find out is by experiencing it yourself
  8. As previously mentioned, Cloud & staff both know what works and what doesn't, but when there is something worth voting on or a community decision, they often reach out for our opinions
  9. if SmG were changing all the time it could become confusing or unstable. I think if the current state of SmG gets boring then you can find new ways to experience what is offered or take a break
  10. ??
  11. Events are difficult to manage and require the proper staffing which is difficult especially considering time zone differences. They also want to make sure that events are the best they can be which takes time, planning, and effort
  12. The server is active??
  13. Cloud very recently implimented more raid protection in Discord and it has been working out, there is only so much protection Discord offers, and SmG needs to find a sweet spot where raids are infrequent and new members aren't turned away with verification, and I think they are very close to, if not, at that sweet spot.
[Image: Xyna_sig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 27 Jan 2021, 02:12 PM by Xyna.)
27 Jan 2021, 02:11 PM
The following 4 users Like SmG Xyna's post:
  • SmG Alphii, SmG Altair, «SmG» Cloud, Jocelyn

Find
Offline SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 268
Likes Given: 362
Discord: thyalphii
Graphics MasterStreamerInstagramPet LoverWriterHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord WarriorScoutBronze MedalGamerHalo GodSmG YouTuber
FortniterTwitterGeniusDiscord MasterThanks From CloudWarrior
OverwatchBronyArchitectSuper ComputerBug HunterCrystal Donator
LegendaryThe BombA Knight of The Round TableSupporter

Because i dont wanna see you get the same treatment that i got, let me shut this down early:

Forums

1: We do have a guide. When you first join SmG on the forums, on your welcome page it does tell you to check out the help guide if you need any assistance.
2: The forums aren't our main source of SmG entertainment. Most people, actually like everyone, who is on the forums came from discord. Hosting events on discord are much more easier and real time.
3: We dont need more roles. I've talked to Cloud and Wires about this already and they both agree that more roles would be harder to manage, plus are impractical.
4: This seems like a smart idea yes, but we have the announcements on discord and the SmG news thread if needed.
5: Again, discord has everyone announcements
6: Once again, cant really host anything here.
7: They do. They always recommend members to host events if you just ask a staff member. There is a whole award you can get for hosting an event.

Discord:
1: Already talked to Wires about this and made a entire post on this before. This would take a lot of work to do and handle it everyone doesnt have the time.
2-3: This makes no sense, can you elaborate?
4: We need Mee6 lmao. It controls basically everything in SmG from !rank, to music, to hotlinks
5: No channel is not unused, it's just some are a lot more used than other. Example: Members chat is less used the general and so is VIP, thats not saying people dont use them though. Again, impractical.
6: Thanks alphii. Removed these links - Cloud
7: [Taken from top.gg] ❤ **OFFICIAL PARTNER** Gaming, Anime, and Fun. :) We have 50,000 Members, 500 EMOTES, GIVEAWAYS, and Events!❤
8: Again, dont really understand what you mean.
9: I cannot stress this enough: thats not really all that true. People say SmG was fun back then cause they had people with them that made it fun, not SmG itself.
10: We have certain channels for that. Plus its general, who cares
11: We.... do that already lmao.
12: We cant control that. People come, people go, its life.
13: There is a new verification link you have to do when you first join. Added protection where you must have a verified email and read the rules.

All in all, bringing up ideas is smart, but look into the fact that we have like half of these.
[Image: image.png?ex=65f16158&is=65deec58&hm=82e...641cedddb&]
(This post was last modified: 27 Jan 2021, 03:44 PM by Cloud.)
27 Jan 2021, 02:19 PM
The following 2 users Like SmG Alphii's post:
  • Jocelyn, SmG Xyna

Website Find
Offline SmG ScrubMart

5 Years of Service

(27 Jan 2021, 02:11 PM)Lupa Wrote: Alright here's my take
  1. The forums already has an entire page on navigation and FAQ that I think a majority of people just doesn't look at. It's extremely well made with videos and solid descriptionss
  2. no comment
  3. When it comes to the forums, there are many awards people can get and work towards
  4. There are SmG updates as things come out and change, there is no need to excessive spam. It should just be general knowledge that the staff team is always working on managing and improving SmG and constant updates telling the community this would be borderline spam
  5. ???
  6. no comment
  7. There is a suggestions thread in the forums for this reason. Cloud specifically has been running SmG for 10+ years now and knows what works and what doesn't. It's rare that new, unused, and good ideas are mentioned, but when they are they are almost always taken into consideration.
  1. SmG has a logo they are currently working with right now, there's no need to change it
  2. As long as I've been here, there were special decorations or activies for each major holiday so I'm not sure what you mean
  3. ??
  5. They actually condensed all the unused channels into #gaming recently. All of the channels are used to some extent and it seems fine right now from what I can tell
  6. SmG is advertised
  7. How?? There are info and rule pages already. The best way to find out is by experiencing it yourself
  8. As previously mentioned, Cloud & staff both know what works and what doesn't, but when there is something worth voting on or a community decision, they often reach out for our opinions
  9. if SmG were changing all the time it could become confusing or unstable. I think if the current state of SmG gets boring then you can find new ways to experience what is offered or take a break
  10. ??
  11. Events are difficult to manage and require the proper staffing which is difficult especially considering time zone differences. They also want to make sure that events are the best they can be which takes time, planning, and effort
  13. Cloud very recently implimented more raid protection in Discord and it has been working out, there is only so much protection Discord offers, and SmG needs to find a sweet spot where raids are infrequent and new members aren't turned away with verification, and I think they are very close to, if not, at that sweet spot.

Meow Meow most of these reasons can be improved 1. Discord I'm talking about adding chechy things people would buy, example SmG logo pixels or SmG Star wars #3 I'm not talking about rewards I'm talking about ranks that people can get by doing excellent ideas or actions I did explain most of this in my first one but yeah 1. Fourms I'm going to be honest not many people follow them because they either dont want to read or being lazy making a video shows that you are forced to watch this and that 3 strikes and your out should be 2 and your out 4 on forums I'm only saying weekly. 2. Discord example the Halloween bot but im asking for more of those and better brood ideas states in first thread I made that was deleted there were good bots and bots that just werent fit most seem like long grinding and very competitive and too weird to follow but mee6 u can easily understand SmG isnt advertised enough last time it was in 2019 making it unstable is bad ik that's what I mean by simple deleting things will make it balanced events can be planned by users with donator and up example 500k owo counacy server is active but I'm saying that they need to keep it that all the time example 3x exp makes people stay without it people arent talking which is weird or not as often and you will see small talk and random convos changing the timer and video will 1 make less incidents because users will have already been warned and less work for staff timer is to when people join they need to wait before chatting it can also be slowmode
~ SmG ScrubMart
27 Jan 2021, 02:30 PM
Find
Offline «SmG» Kalitz

S-senpai?
Administrators
8 Years of Service
Threads: 184
Likes Given: 1
Discord: Kalitz#0001
Thanks From CloudSapphire DonatorThe BombA Knight of The Round TableFortniterGamer
TwitterProgrammerDiscord WarriorGatekeeperGeniusSuper Computer
Pet LoverInstagramDiscord MasterEntertainerSmG YouTuberDrunk
Hand-held/Mobile GamerGold MedalValorant TournamentBoost GangBronze MedalEntertainer

(27 Jan 2021, 12:58 PM)ScrubMart Wrote: 1.Create a guided video that can tell users how to use the SmG forums properly instead of making users read the rules so they dont end up ignoring them and they will be warned this will keep spam and unwanted posts.

I'm kind of offended by this. I've put countless hours into redesigning and expanding the HelpDocs (which were linked to you at least once during the application process) and are easily available in the navigation bar at the top of the page. The rules helpdoc even has its own second spot on the navigation bar. There's no reason a member would not have seen this. If someone still can't follow the rules, then what will be will be. I can't make it any easier for them.
[Image: kalitz.gif]
27 Jan 2021, 02:34 PM
The following 4 users Like «SmG» Kalitz's post:
  • SmG Alphii, SmG Altair, Jocelyn, SmG Xyna

Find
Offline SmG Ranger

Weeb Spanker
Captains
6 Years of Service
Threads: 56
Likes Given: 11
Discord: Zaddy Ranger ☭#9291
Discord WarriorDiscord MasterBronze MedalThanks From CloudSilver MedalValentines Day Ruby
A Knight of The Round TableGatekeeperBronze MedalJokerHalloween 2019Boost Gang
The BombEntertainerDiamondBug HunterBug Hunter

Ugh. mate, you do realize that everything you mentioned above is already in the community right?
[Image: ranger.gif]#Scaru4ban
27 Jan 2021, 02:34 PM
The following 1 user Likes SmG Ranger's post:
  • Jocelyn

Find
Offline SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service

(27 Jan 2021, 02:30 PM)ScrubMart Wrote:
  2. no comment
  5. ???
  6. no comment
  3. ??
  6. SmG is advertised
  10. ??

Meow Meow most of these reasons can be improved 1. Discord I'm talking about adding chechy things people would buy, example SmG logo pixels or SmG Star wars #3 I'm not talking about rewards I'm talking about ranks that people can get by doing excellent ideas or actions I did explain most of this in my first one but yeah 1. Fourms I'm going to be honest not many people follow them because they either dont want to read or being lazy making a video shows that you are forced to watch this and that 3 strikes and your out should be 2 and your out 4 on forums I'm only saying weekly. 2. Discord example the Halloween bot but im asking for more of those and better brood ideas states in first thread I made that was deleted there were good bots and bots that just werent fit most seem like long grinding and very competitive and too weird to follow but mee6 u can easily understand SmG isnt advertised enough last time it was in 2019 making it unstable is bad ik that's what I mean by simple deleting things will make it balanced events can be planned by users with donator and up example 500k owo counacy server is active but I'm saying that they need to keep it that all the time example 3x exp makes people stay without it people arent talking which is weird or not as often and you will see small talk and random convos changing the timer and video will 1 make less incidents because users will have already been warned and less work for staff timer is to when people join they need to wait before chatting it can also be slowmode

what you fail to mention is that SmG is advertised on many sites like top.gg for example, plus we're a discord partner so we get advertised more. Also people dont come to the forums talk and engage like discord, thats not how the forums work.
27 Jan 2021, 02:37 PM
Website Find
Offline SmG ScrubMart

5 Years of Service

(27 Jan 2021, 02:19 PM)Alphii Wrote: Because i dont wanna see you get the same treatment that i got, let me shut this down early:

Forums

1: We do have a guide. When you first join SmG on the forums, on your welcome page it does tell you to check out the help guide if you need any assistance.
2: The forums aren't our main source of SmG entertainment. Most people, actually like everyone, who is on the forums came from discord. Hosting events on discord are much more easier and real time.
3: We dont need more roles. I've talked to Cloud and Wires about this already and they both agree that more roles would be harder to manage, plus are impractical.
4: This seems like a smart idea yes, but we have the announcements on discord and the SmG news thread if needed.
5: Again, discord has everyone announcements
6: Once again, cant really host anything here.
7: They do. They always recommend members to host events if you just ask a staff member. There is a whole award you can get for hosting an event.

Discord:
1: Already talked to Wires about this and made a entire post on this before. This would take a lot of work to do and handle it everyone doesnt have the time.
2-3: This makes no sense, can you elaborate?
4: We need Mee6 lmao. It controls basically everything in SmG from !rank, to music, to hotlinks
5: No channel is not unused, it's just some are a lot more used than other. Example: Members chat is less used the general and so is VIP, thats not saying people dont use them though. Again, impractical.
6: https://top.gg/servers/221840550578356234 , https://discord.me/smggaming, https://disforge.com/server/5437-smg-gaming-community
7: [Taken from top.gg] ❤ **OFFICIAL PARTNER** Gaming, Anime, and Fun. :) We have 50,000 Members, 500 EMOTES, GIVEAWAYS, and Events!❤
8: Again, dont really understand what you mean.
9: I cannot stress this enough: thats not really all that true. People say SmG was fun back then cause they had people with them that made it fun, not SmG itself.
10: We have certain channels for that. Plus its general, who cares
11: We.... do that already lmao.
12: We cant control that. People come, people go, its life.
13: There is a new verification link you have to do when you first join. Added protection where you must have a verified email and read the rules.

All in all, bringing up ideas is smart, but look into the fact that we have like half of these.

SinaSleep SinaSleep some of this is what I just said in the other reply so I'll spare you the annoyance and tell you the ones I didnt mention.videos are better more engaging and will be warned ect #homework is unused ect those are big ones but when was the last time they looked into more then that 12. Preventing would be nice. 13 we need people to read rules on a daily basis people are following them example today a person was dming me 47 times on purpose then it deleted but I sure enough saw it in my notifys which is annoying same thing with >ship 7. On forums? Giveaways need and can be hosted by players but I suggest accepting the small ones ect like last reply 3. Special roles for special people who have show exeled will make people wake up and say hey I should do this and also look up keeping the same roles isnt exciting as to new players it is bu the majority of the active people it isnt.

(27 Jan 2021, 02:34 PM)Kalitz Wrote:
(27 Jan 2021, 12:58 PM)ScrubMart Wrote: 1.Create a guided video that can tell users how to use the SmG forums properly instead of making users read the rules so they dont end up ignoring them and they will be warned this will keep spam and unwanted posts.

I'm kind of offended by this. I've put countless hours into redesigning and expanding the HelpDocs (which were linked to you at least once during the application process) and are easily available in the navigation bar at the top of the page. The rules helpdoc even has its own second spot on the navigation bar. There's no reason a member would not have seen this. If someone still can't follow the rules, then what will be will be. I can't make it any easier for them.

You dont have to redo that it's the problem where people arent reading them.

(27 Jan 2021, 02:37 PM)Alphii Wrote:
(27 Jan 2021, 02:30 PM)ScrubMart Wrote:
  2. no comment
  5. ???
  6. no comment
  3. ??
  6. SmG is advertised
  10. ??

what you fail to mention is that SmG is advertised on many sites like top.gg for example, plus we're a discord partner so we get advertised more. Also people dont come to the forums talk and engage like discord, thats not how the forums work.

Engaging example "motivation of the day" "fact of the day" I also love the idea of QOTD
~ SmG ScrubMart
(This post was last modified: 27 Jan 2021, 02:41 PM by ScrubMart.)
27 Jan 2021, 02:38 PM
Find
Offline SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service

this post is lowkey triggering me
27 Jan 2021, 02:42 PM
The following 1 user Likes SmG Alphii's post:
  • SmG ScrubMart

Website Find
Offline SmG ScrubMart

5 Years of Service

(27 Jan 2021, 02:34 PM)Ranger Wrote: Ugh. mate, you do realize that everything you mentioned above is already in the community right?

It is! Some things can be improved for prevention's and exciting thing that can happen I'm not saying you have to add this....

(27 Jan 2021, 02:42 PM)Alphii Wrote: this post is lowkey triggering me

Okay can someone close the thread MonkaThink
~ SmG ScrubMart
(This post was last modified: 27 Jan 2021, 02:44 PM by ScrubMart.)
27 Jan 2021, 02:43 PM
Find