Threads: 174
Likes Given: 89
Discord: Kyle -#0199
Halloween 2019FortniterGamerTwitterInstagramDiscord Warrior
ScoutOverwatchDiscord MasterEntertainerValorantValorant Tournament
Crystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerPet LoverBoost GangGold MedalGuardian
Diamond
Rewards for game time on Rust

We'd like your thoughts on implementing a new system to give players rewards for accumulated game time up to 24 hours.

(This feature will loop, meaning you can collect rewards again if you stay in the server for another 24 hours).

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions as to what they'd like to see given as a reward that'd be great, if not I will add rewards that I feel are balanced enough but still give an incentive to carry on playing in our server.

A little example of how this works:

Each minute you stay logged into the SmG Rust server will be logged and displayed in /gift

[Image: Screenshot_4.png]

Once you reach a certain requirement, you will be notified that you can collect a reward, once you've collected your reward it will be ticked off, and you won't be able to collect it again until you've collected all the other rewards and the system has been reset.

[Image: Screenshot_5.png]
These items listed are easily obtainable normally by experienced players, but could provide an incentive to newer players to stick around and try to learn more about the game.

Would love to hear your thoughts on it (I know we only have a small following of rust players on the forums right now, but any input would be appreciated)

If this doesn't sound like a good idea, please also let me know! I'm just trying out different things
(This post was last modified: 24 Feb 2021, 11:58 AM by Kylie.)
24 Feb 2021, 11:57 AM
The following 3 users Like SmG Kylie's post:
  • holy habibo, SmG P1NG, SmG r0ve

Find Reply
Offline SmG Xyna

Zaddy SmG
Moderators
3 Years of Service
Threads: 110
Likes Given: 263
Discord: Xyna#7175
Boost GangLeague of LegendsStreamerOverwatchFortniterGamer
TwitterPet LoverInstagramDiscord WarriorThanks From CloudDiscord Master
Sapphire DonatorSweetSuper ComputerScoutEntertainerA Knight of The Round Table
Thanks From CloudSilver MedalEntertainerThe BombAdvanced DonatorSupporter
Graphics Master
RE: Rewards for game time on Rust

I don't play Rust, but I enjoy reading about the updates and what's going on, that being said, wouldn't it be possible for people just to log in, go afk, collect the rewards, and call it a day? or am I dumb
[Image: Xyna_sig.gif]
24 Feb 2021, 12:46 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Kylie

SmG Donator
Donator
4 Years of Service
Threads: 174
Likes Given: 89
Discord: Kyle -#0199
Halloween 2019FortniterGamerTwitterInstagramDiscord Warrior
ScoutOverwatchDiscord MasterEntertainerValorantValorant Tournament
Crystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerPet LoverBoost GangGold MedalGuardian
Diamond

(24 Feb 2021, 12:46 PM)Lupa Wrote: I don't play Rust, but I enjoy reading about the updates and what's going on, that being said, wouldn't it be possible for people just to log in, go afk, collect the rewards, and call it a day? or am I dumb

Yes you're right lol, I can however make it so you have to be actively moving around (Not afk) to accumulate time.
As it stands though, i've left that out so people can just join and afk to claim rewards, for the simple reason being it'll increase the amount of players within the server which will draw attention to people who are looking for more populated servers to join.
The rewards really aren't major anyway, unless people would like some better items as rewards.
24 Feb 2021, 01:15 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Nani

SmG Donator
Donator
4 Years of Service
Threads: 241
Likes Given: 42
Discord: Nani#8321
OverwatchGamerTwitterPet LoverDiscord WarriorScout
Discord MasterEntertainerDiamondHalloween 2019InstagramGolden Guardian
BronyDrunkGatekeeperEntertainerFortniterDiamond
StreamerValorantValorant TournamentCrystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerBoost Gang
Super ComputerThanks From Cloud

I like this idea!
[Image: signature2.gif]
24 Feb 2021, 02:12 PM
The following 1 user Likes SmG Nani's post:
  • SmG Kylie

Find Reply
Offline «SmG» R3c0N

Administrator
Administrators
12 Years of Service
Threads: 57
Likes Given: 2
Discord: R3c0N#5674
GhostLegendaryGavel of TrinityProgrammerA Knight of The Round TableGolden Guardian
The BombHalo GodDiamondEntertainerValorant TournamentSmooth
GuardianBug Hunter

(24 Feb 2021, 01:15 PM)Kylie Wrote:
(24 Feb 2021, 12:46 PM)Lupa Wrote: I don't play Rust, but I enjoy reading about the updates and what's going on, that being said, wouldn't it be possible for people just to log in, go afk, collect the rewards, and call it a day? or am I dumb

Yes you're right lol, I can however make it so you have to be actively moving around (Not afk) to accumulate time.
As it stands though, i've left that out so people can just join and afk to claim rewards, for the simple reason being it'll increase the amount of players within the server which will draw attention to people who are looking for more populated servers to join.
The rewards really aren't major anyway, unless people would like some better items as rewards.

The hunger will kill you eventually so you can't really go afk for a long time and it's only to make it so that we have people constantly on the server. So, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I like the idea.
(This post was last modified: 24 Feb 2021, 02:28 PM by R3c0N.)
24 Feb 2021, 02:28 PM
The following 2 users Like «SmG» R3c0N's post:
  • SmG Kylie, SmG Xyna

Find Reply
Offline SmG P1NG

SmG Booster
Booster
3 Years of Service
Threads: 23
Likes Given: 13
Discord: Ping#7899
Boost Gang

(24 Feb 2021, 11:57 AM)Kylie Wrote: We'd like your thoughts on implementing a new system to give players rewards for accumulated game time up to 24 hours.

(This feature will loop, meaning you can collect rewards again if you stay in the server for another 24 hours).

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions as to what they'd like to see given as a reward that'd be great, if not I will add rewards that I feel are balanced enough but still give an incentive to carry on playing in our server.

Each minute you stay logged into the SmG Rust server will be logged and displayed in /gift

Once you reach a certain requirement, you will be notified that you can collect a reward, once you've collected your reward it will be ticked off, and you won't be able to collect it again until you've collected all the other rewards and the system has been reset.

These items listed are easily obtainable normally by experienced players, but could provide an incentive to newer players to stick around and try to learn more about the game.

Would love to hear your thoughts on it (I know we only have a small following of rust players on the forums right now, but any input would be appreciated)

If this doesn't sound like a good idea, please also let me know! I'm just trying out different things
I will try to play rust on the server. It just that the game takes a year to load. So thats the only issue
24 Feb 2021, 03:04 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Nani

SmG Donator
Donator
4 Years of Service
Threads: 241
Likes Given: 42
Discord: Nani#8321
OverwatchGamerTwitterPet LoverDiscord WarriorScout
Discord MasterEntertainerDiamondHalloween 2019InstagramGolden Guardian
BronyDrunkGatekeeperEntertainerFortniterDiamond
StreamerValorantValorant TournamentCrystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerBoost Gang
Super ComputerThanks From Cloud

(24 Feb 2021, 03:04 PM)P1NG Wrote:
(24 Feb 2021, 11:57 AM)Kylie Wrote: We'd like your thoughts on implementing a new system to give players rewards for accumulated game time up to 24 hours.

I will try to play rust on the server. It just that the game takes a year to load. So thats the only issue

I feel you, I have the same problem but the game is just too much fun to not to play it
[Image: signature2.gif]
24 Feb 2021, 04:17 PM
The following 1 user Likes SmG Nani's post:
  • SmG Kylie

Find Reply
Online SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 268
Likes Given: 362
Discord: thyalphii
Graphics MasterStreamerInstagramPet LoverWriterHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord WarriorScoutBronze MedalGamerHalo GodSmG YouTuber
FortniterTwitterGeniusDiscord MasterThanks From CloudWarrior
OverwatchBronyArchitectSuper ComputerBug HunterCrystal Donator
LegendaryThe BombA Knight of The Round TableSupporter

im actually impressed that you guys are still putting effort into Rust, mainly you Kyle. It actually temps me to get rust, and see what all these additions you've added. Only thing is: im broke and have a 6 y/o computer Lul
[Image: image.png?ex=65f16158&is=65deec58&hm=82e...641cedddb&]
24 Feb 2021, 05:32 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline holy habibo

Banned
Banned
3 Years of Service
Threads: 34
Likes Given: 119
Discord: habibo#3174
Discord Warrior

are you still thinking about making the map smaller?
24 Feb 2021, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Xyna

Zaddy SmG
Moderators
3 Years of Service
Threads: 110
Likes Given: 263
Discord: Xyna#7175
Boost GangLeague of LegendsStreamerOverwatchFortniterGamer
TwitterPet LoverInstagramDiscord WarriorThanks From CloudDiscord Master
Sapphire DonatorSweetSuper ComputerScoutEntertainerA Knight of The Round Table
Thanks From CloudSilver MedalEntertainerThe BombAdvanced DonatorSupporter
Graphics Master

(24 Feb 2021, 01:15 PM)Kylie Wrote:

OOo cool! Thank you for informinggg <3 you too @«SmG» R3c0N
[Image: Xyna_sig.gif]
25 Feb 2021, 12:54 AM
Find Reply