TF Is up with the MHA fandom anyway?
Offline SpaghetInDaHood

SmG Member
2 Years of Service
Threads: 12
Likes Given: 6
Discord: SpaghetInDaHood#0117
TF Is up with the MHA fandom anyway?

So honestly half of the drama I see in the anime community or outside of it is surrounding the MHA (My Hero Academia) community and I think the most recent drama relating to them has really shown what they're all about. Mineta is one of the least favourable characters in MHA, a little pervert who throws grape shaped things that stick to stuff but is somehow pretty cool sometimes when he isn't sexually harassing people. That guy has recently been revealed as bi by a new chapter in the MHA manga with a line saying he 'fell' for Midoriya. Instantly the fandom either claimed the line to have been a mistranslation or made ridiculous complaints about how it was 'damaging'. Mind you, this fandom claims to be very much allies despite their constant fetishisation of gay people. The main excuse as to why this reveal was bad is because fans had been begging for Midoriya or one of the more attractive male characters to come out as gay and go PLUS ULTRA with one of his male classmates (especially Deku with Bakugo or Todoroki), and viewed Mineta being bi as a slap in the face after all this whinging. Even internet news outlets are monopolising on the drama, encouraging the fans with claims that him coming out is a justification for the way he treats women. Many people have been poking fun at the MHA fans as this drama has shown how homophobic the community actually is. I personally don't think the community cares at all about representation, and is filled with people who just want their fanfics televised. It is abhorrent to think that a community that prides itself on well, gay pride, reacted so poorly to a character coming out. The worst part is that many fans have admitted they would have been fine with it had it been Todoroki or Bakugo, suspiciously the same characters they ship with Deku, who had confessed their love for Deku. All this under the pretense of wanting 'true' representation. As a bisexual person myself I'm actually quite disgusted with the community this time, mostly because I actually bothered to look into their reaction. A message to any MHA toxic virgin fan who acts or thinks like this:

'true' representation isn't making only the hot men who you fantasise about fucking the main character gay to please the audience. It's not making the character's personality revolve around stereotypes or making every second scene they're in kissing their boyfriend. In general, the way media portrays gay people at the moment caters mostly towards the annoying straight white kids who just want to watch two guys kiss on screen. You don't decide what representation is, you mindless pricks. Horikoshi threw you a frisbee, and you dumped it into a fucking woodchipper. If this is the reaction he gets when he doesn't make the exact character you want gay, then why the fuck would he try again? Get a fucking life and stop reading fucking Wattpad.
[Image: ETYO0S1UUAEyPFe.png]
22 Aug 2021, 05:23 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG kokozweeb

SmG Booster
Booster
5 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Likes Given: 0
Discord: KOKOZWEEB#2262
Crystal DonatorFortniterHalloween 2019Boost GangAdvanced DonatorGamer
TwitterInstagram
RE: TF Is up with the MHA fandom anyway?

All that matters is that the animation studio doesn't see that stuff.
"It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions and by their appearances."
22 Aug 2021, 07:23 PM
Find Reply
Away Fearless32

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 55
Likes Given: 165
Discord: SmG Fearless32
GeniusHand-held/Mobile GamerFortniterTwitterInstagramBoost Gang
Graphics MasterSupporter

Ahh so much to read.. but mineta sure to harass but what to do.. its actually our ture nature but we just don't show it, for example uraraca likes midoriya but she doesn't go saying hey cutiee* so.. mineta just is a open minded guy
[Image: Untitled_design.gif]
(This post was last modified: 23 Aug 2021, 12:59 AM by Fearless32.)
23 Aug 2021, 12:59 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG st0rm

5 Years of Service
Threads: 71
Likes Given: 146
Discord: st0rm#6714
GeniusWriterSuper ComputerTwitterInstagramBrony
ScoutProgrammerDiscord WarriorFlamerCoolBronze Medal
Speaker of the HouseBoost GangThanks From Cloud

(22 Aug 2021, 07:23 PM)kokozweeb Wrote: All that matters is that the animation studio doesn't see that stuff.

True!
[Image: standard.gif?width=1440&height=83]
23 Aug 2021, 02:07 AM
Find Reply
Offline SpaghetInDaHood

SmG Member
2 Years of Service
Threads: 12
Likes Given: 6
Discord: SpaghetInDaHood#0117

(22 Aug 2021, 07:23 PM)kokozweeb Wrote: All that matters is that the animation studio doesn't see that stuff.

Agreed. They need to be able to focus on their work and hopefully enjoy it as much as I enjoy their product.
[Image: ETYO0S1UUAEyPFe.png]
23 Aug 2021, 06:47 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG st0rm

5 Years of Service
Threads: 71
Likes Given: 146
Discord: st0rm#6714
GeniusWriterSuper ComputerTwitterInstagramBrony
ScoutProgrammerDiscord WarriorFlamerCoolBronze Medal
Speaker of the HouseBoost GangThanks From Cloud

(23 Aug 2021, 06:47 PM)SpaghetInDaHood Wrote:

Agreed. They need to be able to focus on their work and hopefully enjoy it as much as I enjoy their product.

Agreed!
[Image: standard.gif?width=1440&height=83]
23 Aug 2021, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Shev

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Likes Given: 1
Discord: SmG Shev

I started watching it back in 2020 around august....i never really made the fandom get to me because no matter wat they say it doesnt affect the anime itself there jus some kids doing wat they want shipping guys n sh!t....but the anime itself is a decent watch at the very least
14 Oct 2021, 02:04 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Ker0w0

SmG Booster
Booster
3 Years of Service
Threads: 7
Likes Given: 20
Discord: Ker0w0
Boost Gang

I just watch the show, don't get involved in the fandom.
23 Jun 2022, 10:36 AM
Website Find Reply