Current time: 02 Jun 2024, 06:58 AM

Whoring out my new bike
Offline Solus

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 6
Likes Given: 0
Whoring out my new bike

Fuck, lets see what my Halo friends (you guys) think of my new bike? I've already posted it on local car forums hah so why not here?

I first started learning how to ride about 2 years ago on a friends Shadow 750. I was hooked and two weeks later I had my endorsement. Over the next two years I was lucky enough to ride a couple bikes [two seperate Ninja 650s, Harley 883, CBR 1000rr, Shadow 750, xt600 enduro] and realised that I Liked all sorts of bikes but wanted to start with a solid, cheap, sport bike. I would of probably had a bike a year quicker but I wasted a bunch of funds on an old e34 project car... It was a pretty cool 535i but I sold it so I could buy this.

[Image: rain3l.gif]
[Image: rain2w.gif]
[Image: rain1n.gif]

1992 FZR 600

The bike is solid but has a couple issues, which is to be expected on a craigslist special with 28k miles.
The day I bought it I road it 30 miles home on the interstate with no issues.
Well, the bike was running great so on day two another Biker and myself went on a 70 mile cruise. All was well until I realized that the clutch had become more difficult to pull in.. Shortly after that there was a loud-ish persistant whining sound that would go away when ever I would pull in the clutch. Also, after the whining started, the clutch would never fully engage or disengage, which is not condusive to a safe ride. Luckily I was only a few miles away from home so I hard shifted it back and parked it.
(Whenever you pull in the clutch fully, and shift from neutral to 1st [or 2nd] the bike starts to take off like the clutch is only pulled in 1/3 of the way, even after adjusting the cable)
A buddy helped me look at the bike yesterday, and though we broke the head off of a clutch spring bolt when re-torquing everything back down, that I now have to find and purchase (no biggie, just annoying), I believe we figured out the problem. Most of the clutch plates are worn down, and the bike was low on oil (Idk why I trusted the Previous owner when he said "I just changed the oil in it last week", that shit was black as hell when we drained it).
We were in a hurry yesterday so I didn't take any pics, SO I re-disassembled it again tonight to take a second look and snapped some pics.
[Image: dissasembled.gif]
[Image: worn1.gif]
no fairings
[Image: fairingless.jpg]

I have never really been mechanicly inclined, but was easier then I thought for sure.

I just ordered a new clutch kit with new springs and a new helmet that kind of looks like Master Chiefs.. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bikebandit.com/msr-expedition-dual-sport-motorcycle-helmet">http://www.bikebandit.com/msr-expeditio ... cle-helmet</a><!-- m -->
12 Oct 2012, 02:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread