Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior
Need help with my Ipod and Iphone

I got two cases and i need some help.

MY iPHONE 4

Its on 5.0.1 Redsn0w JB trying to get to 5.1.1 Standard Firmware so I can run GP. My iPhone doesn't seem to want to update to 5.1.1 however and i have done SOOOOO many different things. Tried normal update get errors. In Recovery mode, errors, use TinyUmbrella to kill recovery mode, put in DFU mode and try- errors. All the same when i try Restore instead of update. All the same when i try it with TinyUmbrella running a TSS Server (yes i backed up the SHSH blobs). All the same with a TSS server in recovery mode and DFU mode. No matter what i either get one of the following errors: 1601, 1602, 1603, 11, 21, and the generic error without a number.

Tried all the above options by SHIFT/restoring the iPhone with a version of 5.1.1 IPSW file on my desktop. Instead I get "the file is not compatable with my phone"

This is bull. I've tried everything.

MY BROS IPOD 2G MC (i know )

It was stuck on the disabled, connect to iTunes for awhile. Trying to Put it in recovery mode OR DFU mode just restarted it. Then it put itself into recovery after awhile for no apparent reason. It then recovered to 4.2.1, the latest firmware for ipod 2G's. Downgraded it with the SHIFT/restore to 4.1 and tried installing limera1n 4.1 on it and it seemed to finnish, however upon startup limera1n app was nowhere to be found. Went to restore to 4.2.1 to do a GP jailbreak but it gave me errors like the above. I gave up on it and moved to my iphone which is having slightley similar problems.

Both times i went to C:/WINDOWS/System32/APPLE COMPUTER and deleted the IPSW's and had iTunes re download them, redownloads fine. When it gets to "Preparing iPod for restore/Update" It takes forever then gives me any one of the # errors above.

I swear to god if you say something like "restart your computer, or try installing iTunes again" Im gonna beat your face in :)

If you have no clue what i just said then you almost positivley cant help me :)
26 Aug 2012, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
Offline Huayra

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 97
Re: Need help with my Ipod and Iphone

This is why i dont jailbreak. (ii presume they were jailbroken).
I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve. It may not be immediate, and often your greater dreams is something you will not achieve within your own lifetime. The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death.

~Monty Oum (22/6/1981 - 1/2/2015)

[Image: 970934_408636175917927_1760876946_n.jpg?...829c39fb1f]
26 Aug 2012, 04:18 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

iphone was, ipod wasn't

if you use an iDevice and you dont jailbreak it than idk what to say to you, anybody who allows apple to restrict there users that much is a stupid consumer. Jailbreaks, Custom Firmwares, and Unlocking/changing the baseboard ftw.

No offense to you, dont take it that way. Its just so limited. Once you use a JB phone, you dont just go back to a non JB one. The level of control is significantly hindered when ou go back to standard firmwares.
26 Aug 2012, 04:21 PM
Find Reply
Offline Ray88

12 Years of Service
Threads: 237
GhostLegendary

Restart your computer or reinstall Itunes.
[Image: 1341526017_1.jpg]

But in all seriousness, bring it back to your local Apple store, it's the fastest way to factory restore your iDevice to the highest supported/latest iOS version. Trust me, I was in your situation a month ago, where both my iPad and iPhone refused to restore. Bringing it back to apple was a glory. I just wished that I had done so earlier instead of wasting countless futile hours.

When doing so, don't mention anything about jailbreaking. Though if your warrenty has expired, then you're on your own lol

I would help, but I'm not here for troubleshooting.
[Image: trollface.jpg]
[Image: 869aa92efa.jpg]
i7-5820k @ 4.7 ghz, Asus X99 sabertooth TUF, Kingston DDR4-3200 16 GB 
Corsair H110i GT AIO, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB x 2, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid
 Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p/165hz, Corsair AX760w, Corsair Obsidian 750D
[Image: 2348111620.png]
26 Aug 2012, 04:30 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

Lol no, they wont help me. Its JB and I belived unlocked (meaning my baseboard might be changed, hence they dont have to help me at all then). Plus, That doesn't solve the problem thats making my iTunes Fuck Up. What happens when i need to downgrade or update? Apple caused the problem, they cant possibly be the solution.

And yes, my warranty was void when i installed Redsn0w. They wont be to happy seeing a Unlocked Redsn0w JB iphone 4 with iFile, Installous and a ton of other apps Apple doesnt want us to have in the first place. :lol: Cant restore to hide it either, cause thats what im trying to get done :lol:
26 Aug 2012, 04:32 PM
Find Reply
Offline BlackHaze

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 349
SmG YouTuberOverwatchSmG YouTuberLegendary

That's the soul Reason why I did not jail Break my iPhone they have been haveing problems with restoring it or something like that. Plus it Legal now to Jail break ur iPod/iPhone but apple made it so it voided your warranty. So I said Fuck it I dont need themes and shit it just made my iPod Touch run slow as fuck and it always crashed alot. The things I only need are Twitter, FaceBook, Xfire, twitch.tv app, Xbox app, Skype app, AIM app, Steam app, TeamSpeak app and the msn app that's it.
[Image: po6bq.gif]
26 Aug 2012, 06:10 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Conan

SmG Booster
Booster
12 Years of Service
Threads: 89
Discord: Meatspin#9716
DrunkHand-held/Mobile GamerLegendarySapphire DonatorThanks From CloudChristmas 2018
GamerLeague of LegendsBronze MedalHalloween 2019Boost Gang

I think it is something like this:
When you restore, it communicates with an apple server(dunno why) so you got an error from it. I have read the solution is to change a txt file so it communicates with a CYDIA server or tinyumbrella server or whatever.

But, you can try google the errors and their solutions.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/268RLZL.png[/img]
26 Aug 2012, 07:08 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

I know what your saying. Its not the case, i want to run a stock 5.1.1 firmware, not a CFW, therefore i should not have to connect to cydia rather than gs.apple.com cause what im trying to restore it to is a Stock firware by apple. Then I install Greenpois0n afterward. :)
27 Aug 2012, 06:52 AM
Find Reply