Current time: 03 May 2024, 03:51 PM

Xbox controllers modded?
Offline ClearBlack

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 17
Likes Given: 0
Xbox controllers modded?

First off, I abhor cheats and hacks and players who rely on cheap tactics like excessive respawn killing. Recently I was in a game of H2V and another player accused me of using a modded controller. Don't ask me why because I asked him and he wouldn't justify his accusation. In any case T Step vouched for me. I started playing Halo on the xbox and so when I came to play H2V on PC I wanted to continue using a controller since that is what I am used to. The xbox 360 controller was the obvious choice since it is already compatible and requires no adaptor. To my knowledge modded controllers are bought as such or are standard controllers physically modified. When I play H2V my crosshairs go where I want them to go. They aren't attaching themselves to my opponents for me. Can anyone shed any light on what he might have meant? Is there something I am missing? I googled this subject and it seems that some games have auto aim or aim assist built in to them? Is that right? Didn't know where to put this so if it needs moving I apologise. Also please forgive my ignorance to ask such stupid questions. For all I know he was just bitching.
11 Oct 2012, 01:23 PM
Find
Away SmG Storm

13 Years of Service
Threads: 203
Ghost
Re: Xbox controllers modded?

ClearBlack Wrote:When I play H2V my crosshairs go where I want them to go. They aren't attaching themselves to my opponents for me.
probably means he plays mk and with a controller you get aim assist as the crosshair slightly locks (like glued on the other player but very light ) on until
1- the person with aim assist is bad and can't aim
2-the other person dodges
on another note you can easily get away of a noob using a controller as you can do a series of strafes and just totally going mad with buttons moving in a all directions.
all in all mk is fun for h2v and controllers are for the people who need the extra help for getting a kill.
damn i hope i helped :/
[Image: MCZBxMS.gif]
11 Oct 2012, 01:54 PM
Find
Offline Hazy

Registered
11 Years of Service

Modded controllers makes you fire rapidly with no pause in between much like a MLG pro would. And since you said you played Halo on xbox already I assume you are pretty much pro status with the controller and that you pretty much have a good trigger finger. And on his side of view he probably thought you had auto aim on and modded controller.
Use Mouse and keyboard ya nub THIS IS PC! :p
11 Oct 2012, 03:20 PM
Find
Offline ClearBlack

Registered
12 Years of Service

Auto aim on? There is no auto aim option to turn on or off so I don't know what you mean by that. If using a controller automatically gives you aim assist as you say, from where is this supported? The game software? The game controller drivers? The controller hardware? Or is this just an assumption that since this may be true for consoles it also applies when using a console controller on a PC? As for it being easier to use a controller than a keyboard and mouse. How on earth do you justify that statement. This is only a matter of preference. You get good players using both and I contend that when going against someone with a £90 gaming mouse with programable buttons and flip of a switch sensitivity and a pro gaming keyboard I actually feel at a disadvantage. I've researched this and there have been loads of opinion polls on the subject of KM v controller and there is no definitive advantage to one over another without specifics being known. If I had started on a PC as a gamer I would have already invested 18+ years into developing my KM skills but I didn't. I spent most of my time as a console gamer like most people of my generation (multiplayer online games didn't exist back then and neither did home PCs). My first console was an Atari so don't call me a noob for using a controller (not even in jest). It doesn't make me a noob. Don't take that as a challenge, I don't want to open a debate on a subject that has no definitive answer apart from when people think their opinions are so 'superior' to others that those opinions have to be facts (I'm not saying that about anybody here by the way).
12 Oct 2012, 10:00 AM
Find
Offline SmG XLORM

12 Years of Service
Threads: 108
Discord: xlorm#0069
GhostChristmas 2018

Razer make modded controllers... They are called Tournament edition controllers... I have one :D
[Image: mysig-Copy.png]
12 Oct 2012, 11:14 AM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

^nub modded controllers are for fags, real men have trigger fingers :p
15 Oct 2012, 05:45 AM
Find
Offline Badboi

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 11

There are no such things of being nubs when modding a controller. Only when botting, thats a nub.
15 Oct 2012, 01:14 PM
Find
Offline SmG Conan

SmG Booster
Booster
12 Years of Service
Threads: 89
Discord: Meatspin#9716
DrunkHand-held/Mobile GamerLegendarySapphire DonatorThanks From CloudChristmas 2018
GamerLeague of LegendsBronze MedalHalloween 2019Boost Gang

well badboi, the h2v community don't have a good idea about the modded controllers, due to some of them give you more aim assist, rapid fire(yes they are some).
And it's not modding a controller which make you nub for the h2v community, it's the use of a moded controller which does.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/268RLZL.png[/img]
15 Oct 2012, 03:16 PM
Website Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

Maybe modded controllers mean somthing different on PC, onconsole the term "modded controller" is used by the community for xbox/ps3 controllers that have been tampered with or added hardware for rapid fire- thats really what it is to the cobsole community, maybe i jumped the gun my bad
15 Oct 2012, 04:46 PM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

This makes gaming lame you know what I mean?

And some people are used to controllers Hazy. So they hook it up on the PC.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
15 Oct 2012, 09:02 PM
Find