Current time: 19 May 2024, 06:41 AM

Whoring out my new bike
Offline Solus

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 6
Likes Given: 0
Whoring out my new bike

Fuck, lets see what my Halo friends (you guys) think of my new bike? I've already posted it on local car forums hah so why not here?

I first started learning how to ride about 2 years ago on a friends Shadow 750. I was hooked and two weeks later I had my endorsement. Over the next two years I was lucky enough to ride a couple bikes [two seperate Ninja 650s, Harley 883, CBR 1000rr, Shadow 750, xt600 enduro] and realised that I Liked all sorts of bikes but wanted to start with a solid, cheap, sport bike. I would of probably had a bike a year quicker but I wasted a bunch of funds on an old e34 project car... It was a pretty cool 535i but I sold it so I could buy this.

[Image: rain3l.gif]
[Image: rain2w.gif]
[Image: rain1n.gif]

1992 FZR 600

The bike is solid but has a couple issues, which is to be expected on a craigslist special with 28k miles.
The day I bought it I road it 30 miles home on the interstate with no issues.
Well, the bike was running great so on day two another Biker and myself went on a 70 mile cruise. All was well until I realized that the clutch had become more difficult to pull in.. Shortly after that there was a loud-ish persistant whining sound that would go away when ever I would pull in the clutch. Also, after the whining started, the clutch would never fully engage or disengage, which is not condusive to a safe ride. Luckily I was only a few miles away from home so I hard shifted it back and parked it.
(Whenever you pull in the clutch fully, and shift from neutral to 1st [or 2nd] the bike starts to take off like the clutch is only pulled in 1/3 of the way, even after adjusting the cable)
A buddy helped me look at the bike yesterday, and though we broke the head off of a clutch spring bolt when re-torquing everything back down, that I now have to find and purchase (no biggie, just annoying), I believe we figured out the problem. Most of the clutch plates are worn down, and the bike was low on oil (Idk why I trusted the Previous owner when he said "I just changed the oil in it last week", that shit was black as hell when we drained it).
We were in a hurry yesterday so I didn't take any pics, SO I re-disassembled it again tonight to take a second look and snapped some pics.
[Image: dissasembled.gif]
[Image: worn1.gif]
no fairings
[Image: fairingless.jpg]

I have never really been mechanicly inclined, but was easier then I thought for sure.

I just ordered a new clutch kit with new springs and a new helmet that kind of looks like Master Chiefs.. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bikebandit.com/msr-expedition-dual-sport-motorcycle-helmet">http://www.bikebandit.com/msr-expeditio ... cle-helmet</a><!-- m -->
12 Oct 2012, 02:00 PM
Find
Offline Badboi

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 11
Re: Whoring out my new bike

DAYMN!
12 Oct 2012, 02:06 PM
Find
Offline SmG Nukem

Former Admin.
13 Years of Service
Threads: 1,078
Likes Given: 16
Discord: trinityshock
Speaker of the House5KGuardianEmerald DonatorLegendaryThe Bomb
DiamondDiscord WarriorChristmas 2018Gavel of TrinityGold MedalHalloween 2019
GamerThanks From CloudBug HunterTwitterInstagramDiscord Master

Any second hand vehicle is not to be trusted unless you really know the previous owner.. It always pays to get a reliable mechnically inclined person to look at it first before you try a long trip.
I'm in the process of getting my motorcycle license at the moment but our laws here restrict what you can ride for the first 2-3 years.
Don't piss off old people.
The older we get the less "life in prison" is a deterrent.
[Image: KKzbhsN.png]
I love how the Earth rotates, it really makes my day
12 Oct 2012, 02:23 PM
Find
Offline unKnowN

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 36

WOW you really know a lot about bikes nice helmet btw ;)
ROFLCOPTER LOVER
[Image: notknown2.png]
12 Oct 2012, 02:24 PM
Find
Away SmG Storm

13 Years of Service
Threads: 203
Ghost

i ride bikes as well..don't know much about them but
that looks pretty beast compared to what i ride XD
[Image: MCZBxMS.gif]
12 Oct 2012, 02:35 PM
Find
Offline Solus

Registered
11 Years of Service

Av3ng3r Wrote:DAYMN!
Hah, Thanks!
«SmG» Trinity Wrote:Any second hand vehicle is not to be trusted unless you really know the previous owner.. It always pays to get a reliable mechnically inclined person to look at it first before you try a long trip.
I'm in the process of getting my motorcycle license at the moment but our laws here restrict what you can ride for the first 2-3 years.
For sure. This one is actually in pretty good shape, and I purchased it for a Very Resonable price (I'm pretty broke in general. I work an IT job to give you a point of reference). I've worked on my cars and my friends cars enough to know that this bike is not perfect, but is pretty damn solid. It will need some work, but for a first bike thats Ideal. It keeps you from tearing it up and coincidentaly your less likely to get yourself killed (Atleast thats what I told my parents, Mom cried). Here in the US its not all that difficult becouse the majority of Riders don't DD the bike so there are very few on the road on your average weekday in most states, so less people die. Plus the government can't make money off of us (other than tickets) as riders so they really don't give a damn if we die. It can be very dangerous in small town USA on a bike. Selfish cagers cramming hamburger down while smoking a cig and texting are very prominant. What kind of first bike are you looking into getting/
SmG unKnowN Wrote:WOW you really know a lot about bikes nice helmet btw ;)
We'll idk about "a lot", but I am learning. I'm slowly realizing that all it takes is the balls to dissasemble the bike to learn how to fix it (mostley).. That being said I broke a bolt on day 1 that Im waiting to be delivered from Japan becouse its that old and the bike has not ridden since Haha. And thanks! Not only does it look bad ass imo, but it also passes DOT, SNELL, and ECE safety standards, so not only can I take this helmet to the track, I can take it to the nurburgring in germany (like thats ever going to happen).
SmG Strom Wrote:i ride bikes as well..don't know much about them but
that looks pretty beast compared to what i ride XD
Thanks man, it a bike that yamaha built for a long time, road track guys love these things, its the predacessor to the Yamaha r6 in some ways. What do you ride ? I like all bikes, tonight i'm working on a buddies lowered ninja 250 (Yeah, he is that short ).
12 Oct 2012, 02:51 PM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

I ride a bike, a bycicle that is xD i'd really be bad with a motorcycle, i really dont have great balance :p

tbh im nervous about going for my permit :/ i kinda stalled by using the fact drivers ed is $600 to put it off but i really shouldnt, ill be 17 in april and ill look stupid If i cant even drive going into senior year :|
12 Oct 2012, 03:15 PM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

lol there's nothing wrong with that beasty. Don't listen what others think of you.

And dude, that is a very cool looking bike you got there.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
12 Oct 2012, 04:07 PM
Find
Offline Solus

Registered
11 Years of Service

SmG Battlefire Wrote:And dude, that is a very cool looking bike you got there.

Appreciate it, Im ready to get it back on the road. Hopefully the parts will be in soon.
12 Oct 2012, 08:41 PM
Find
Offline SmG Dragonrage

Royal Dragon
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Gavel of TrinityLeague of LegendsProgrammerCoolCrystal DonatorLegendary

Cool bike. My cousin is working on a bike as well, I forget what model, but it does take a bit of time and effort to get one in good condition. Make sure everything is working properly before taking it on a long trip and drive carefully. Have fun. I've heard bikes are awesome but I also have a few friends that were almost killed while riding motercycles so I have mixed feelings about them. And beasty I'm 18 and in college and I still don't have even a permit. Mainly cuz I had such a packed schedule in high school I didn't have time to learn how to drive. Ima get my liscence soon though so I don't have to wait for my parents to take me to college
[Image: mla7mw8hs3u0g9czg.jpg?size_id=5]
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
12 Oct 2012, 08:56 PM
Website Find