Anyone hear about this?
Offline SmG Dragonrage

Royal Dragon
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Gavel of TrinityLeague of LegendsProgrammerCoolCrystal DonatorLegendary
Anyone hear about this?

Saw this on the =DG= forums. It was posted about a week ago.

Midwinter Wrote:I thought I’d raise the question of whether or not a Halo Pilot Bot is possible. For those of you who have no idea what that is, a ‘pilot bot’ is the old OSS/3OL term for an advanced Halo bot that can be configured to take over control of the user’s player character during a game. The existence of them was purely theoretical as far as OSS/3OL were concerned (back in the day), but recently I encountered what appeared to be a functional – if primitive – pilot bot being used in game.

I encountered it in the XG[US] Coldsnap server sometime last night, where its user was apparently conducting some kind of test with it. The user was very open about using the bot, and claimed that it was not cheating seeing as the bot could not yet be programmed to fire automatically on targets. Other features of this supposed bot included the ability to path-find to and pick up the flag in CTF, both on foot and in a warthog (other vehicles not confirmed). It could enter and operate a ‘hog if it was upright, but could not perform the ‘flip’ command. If on foot, it would automatically navigate to nearby vehicles and then continue its track. It could also be directed to a certain point on the map. As previously stated, the bot was not able to attack and would not react if it came under fire. The bot would temporarily cease controlling the player if the chat box was opened. Path-finding appeared to be genuine – the user repeated the same path several times with pinpoint accuracy (near impossible on coldsnap) and would not divert from that path if fired on. The server autoban did not appear to detect the bot, although its use caused extreme levels of lag for a server with 6 players all having ping under ~400 for much of the game.

I wanted to know if anyone else has had experience with this sort of utility, or if it’s even possible to do in Halo. The user claimed that they had already been approached by several major clans regarding the acquisition of the bot – he did not mention =DG=, but it stands to reason that someone in this clan may also have seen something. Let me know your thoughts on this – especially whether you believe it or not as I am still uncertain.

I don’t know where else to post this so I'm leaving it here. If anyone thinks it belongs elsewhere, move it.
[Image: mla7mw8hs3u0g9czg.jpg?size_id=5]
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
31 Mar 2013, 01:32 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline Galaxy

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 17
Re: Anyone heat about this?

hmm :?: wat d :censored: is dis
31 Mar 2013, 01:41 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline «LSR»Galbat

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 14

Modacity, there is a thread about it and it is possible. One has been made and there's a video of it.
[Image: smg_zpsd506ba39.jpg]
Gaming on Alienware GTX 690 i7-3960X 3.30 GHZ
31 Mar 2013, 01:43 PM
Find Reply
Offline Leaf

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 24
Programmer

lol it's been out for a while, atm the bot isn't great but it can play while you go afk. when i tested it in the summer it got an 0.8 kdr in a pub bg sniper server. it only works for hce 1.08 and hac would most likely soon stop it with the anti-cheat features so nothing to worry about.
31 Mar 2013, 02:57 PM
Find Reply
Offline Rebel

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 136

so is this basically an aimbot??
Download now!

[Image: 1832421002.png][Image: 6977435.gif]
Reaper Squad Founder
[Image: lY5Iifw.jpg]
31 Mar 2013, 03:58 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

^ no, its more like this-

This bot is like a driverless car, it follows the rules and plays the objective, its just automated. Using an aimbot is more like driving the car but going 90mph and disregarding lanes.
31 Mar 2013, 04:12 PM
Find Reply
UzzyFTW

Unregistered
54 Years of Service

Well this thing will never be as good as a SmG Member =)
01 Apr 2013, 09:49 AM
Offline SmG Nukem

Former Admin.
13 Years of Service
Threads: 1,078
Likes Given: 16
Discord: trinityshock
Speaker of the House5KGuardianEmerald DonatorLegendaryThe Bomb
DiamondDiscord WarriorChristmas 2018Gavel of TrinityGold MedalHalloween 2019
GamerThanks From CloudBug HunterTwitterInstagramDiscord Master

I saw this about 18 months ago, there is a vid on youtube about it. It is meant to be a program that makes it look like you are still playing so you don't get kicked for AFK. It's not meant to replace a player. Also it does have a basic bot but that never worked properly anyway.
Don't piss off old people.
The older we get the less "life in prison" is a deterrent.
[Image: KKzbhsN.png]
I love how the Earth rotates, it really makes my day
01 Apr 2013, 10:54 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Pulse

12 Years of Service
Threads: 141
LegendaryHalo GodGamerHand-held/Mobile Gamer

Now that's handy XD
01 Apr 2013, 12:21 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Dragonrage

Royal Dragon
11 Years of Service
Gavel of TrinityLeague of LegendsProgrammerCoolCrystal DonatorLegendary

Well if they were to actually get a good one working that used some kind of bot that was effective but hard to catch it might be a problem, but it would take a complicated bit of code to get it to work and as =DG= Asi said. The average halo player is, well, stupid. Just thought I'd post it to give peeps a heads up in case they hadn't heard about it and someone actually does make one that works well
[Image: mla7mw8hs3u0g9czg.jpg?size_id=5]
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
01 Apr 2013, 01:58 PM
Website Find Reply