12 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendaryDiscord Warrior
Re: Oh America...

SmG RockerJ Wrote:
Beasty Wrote:
SmG RockerJ Wrote:I don't want to start drama, but beasty, there are good and bad people.

Good and bad are subjective at best. You have to provide a universal method of gauging actions as either good or bad, and then prove that that perception is more valid. Good luck doing that.

Like I said, there's no such thing as good guys and bad guys. Just like there is no right and wrong or truth and fiction.

Your first statements apply to the secular world. However, the last one is inapplicable anywhere. Truth is truth. It is true. Fiction is a fallacy, a made-up scenario, maybe even a theory.

But this ain't the time or place for drama as such. Weren't we talking about guns? [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa]

No, now I want to talk about this.

So... how exactly do you detirmine what is good or bad?

Also, truth as an objective absolute is nonexistent due to the mere fact that you can question it's validity. How do you know something? How do you know that you know that you know it? Truth is simply the most consistant and shared perception on any particular topic. Nothing technically exists in absolute objectivity because it would be impossible to prove it actually has those properties.

This isn't a matter of religion. The "secularity" of these concepts are irrelevant because they are self evident; i.e. you can reach those conclusions without any prior assumptions.
09 Aug 2014, 10:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread