The Lord thy God
12 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendaryDiscord Warrior
Re: The old domian

«SmG» Cloud Wrote:
SmG Hawk Wrote:Holy crap, I still can't believe that the old domain (SmGClan.com) is still worth so much.
I would have thought that since it hasn't been bought in the 2 years that it would have been reduced.
[Image: AZHKiTT.png]
I look at it almost every month and sometimes every week. So almost a year ago now I wanted to get the old domain back as a surprise for you guys I called and told them the old situation they gave me a discount but wouldn't go lower than about $600 which is a RIP OFF. No domain name should be that expensive. That crappy company basically buys expired domains the second they are allowed to then the old owners come back trying to buy it and make them pay 10 times the original price (about $12) its a good scheme they have going but pretty messed up.

Use your bartering skills.

Say "look, you and I both know that nobody is going to pay $600 for it, let alone thousands. The only one who would even bother with this domain is the old owner, and that's me. And I am not paying $600 for it. Let's be honest, I get your scheme, and you probably make enough as it is with some of the more gullible people who are actually willing to buy it back at those rates, but this domain in particular is just dead weight for you right now. Let's make it easier on everyone here and just come to an actual reasonable price. Because if we can't come to that, you're just going to sit on this thing until push comes to shove and you have to lower the price to what we can bargain here today anyways, so save us both the trouble and cut your losses right now."

Something like that, persuade them that it's not worth the effort. When you are trying to convince someone of something, you always want to frame it so that you're doing the other party a favor. You also want to complement the other party. Commend them on their business model, tell them it's clever and genius and because of the understanding you have of it, you're doing them a favor by trying to buy it now instead of later when they've sunk too much time and money into this ordeal anyway.
25 Nov 2014, 11:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread