Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
12 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendaryDiscord Warrior
Re: discrimination

Their right to "express their faith" ends where another person's well being begins. The institution can hate fags more than the WBC for all I give a shit, but employment descrimination on things like sexual orientation is a federal crime, and for good reason. The first amendment ensures the freedom of speech. Speech is often times as far as that goes. You can think and feel whatever you want, but when it comes to actions, everybody plays by the same rules.

And I mean really, would you want it any different? I'm tired of listening to people go on about their freedom to do this or that. Freedom isn't synonymous with good. Tre are freedoms we understand as bad and so we intentionally limit them. For instance, I feel you'll find the supporters of the "freedom to kill those who annoy me" quite lacking. People don't want "Freedom" as a catch all term. Humans wan't concise and reasonable boundaries set up by those who (or assume themselves to) know what the hell they're talking about.

When one proclaims God is dead, this is precisely what they mean. God and religion where never physical concepts- rather, they were allegories utilized by society unconsciously to convey concise (debatable, but whatever) and reasonable (for the ltime) boundaries. Thus, the death of God is the destruction of God as an arbiter for human ethical mem
08 Apr 2015, 02:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread