Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Likes Given: 0
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal
Re: Assassin Creed Syndicate

SmG Beasty Wrote:
SmG Battlefire Wrote:
SmG Beasty Wrote:Snore. It's sort of like uncharted. The first couple of times it's ok.

When you get to the point where there's a game every year, you know you ducked up.

If a franchies is just one or two games long the lore isn't deep. That is why people like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Halo, Mass Effect and all other long franchies. The lore is so complex and deep. That is why I like Assassin's Creed because the story is so interesting to me. That I want to learn more about the lore. Another reason why I really love Halo and Mass Effect.

I'll always encourage devs to continue the franchies as long as they can. To expand the lore so that I can explore and enjoy it.

"Muh generic shooters are so deep."

Said literally no one ever. People looking for story play RPG's. The reason these franchises are so long is because suckers buy ever rendition. "I know we just came out with a game last year, but here's a reskinned version of the exact same game. But it's totally innovative man, we changed like... two things. So, yeah."

You're getting played nerd, and people like you who eat up every rehash is why franchises like Halo died at 3. Why should they have to make a truly good, innovative sequel when they can add like 3 things, reskin the hud and textures and slap a $60 price tag on it every year? Stop, you're killing the industry by not demanding more from these people.

Shooters are not deep? You must have not follow any of Halo's releases at all. 343i literately had to hire authors to write books because they can't explain the whole story with just games. Novel's that are actually based of a video game. There are hardly any RPG's out there that actually have novel's. Don't even mention the Witcher considering it was based off the books not the other way around.

All the Halo books:
Halo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
Halo: Contact Harvest
Halo: The Cole Protocol
Halo: Evolutions
Halo: Broken Circle
Halo: New Blood
Halo: Hunters in the Dark
Halo: Saint’s Testimony
Halo: Last Light
Halo: Shadow of Intent
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Silentium
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: The Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata

Halo Live Actions:
Halo 4 Forward unto Dawn
Halo: Nightfall

Don't even mention the comics they published. Like Halo: Escalation which I think has 14 volumes. Or Hunt the Truth which has audio 13 episodes each 20 minutes long.

So yeah Halo which is a shooter has deep lore.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
17 Jun 2015, 03:24 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread