Current time: 15 Jun 2024, 06:18 AM

Short Story Thread
Away SmG Blade

9 Years of Service
Threads: 127
Likes Given: 1
GeniusThanks From CloudDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterHalloweenChristmas 2018
RE: Short Story Thread

It all started one night, how I met her, how she told me her story and made me think about her all night. Wish that night never ended, but alas.. time never comes back.

One of the nights of December, really cold but the city was alive. Everyone was enjoying their lives, meeting people, having fun time. I stopped by the usual bar I go to everyday. The feeling was nostalgia there was transcending but something there was not right. There I saw a female sitting in a corner, her eyes red and the mascara smudged. I sat next to her and offered her a drink. She held it and looked at me. Her eyes were beautiful, nothing I had seen before. She was crying. I gathered up the courage to ask her what had happened. She burst into tears and held my hand and said "I have suffered too much. All the countless acts of kindness towards him were vain!".

Hours passed and she told me her story about her abusive fiancé. She liked the affinity I had with her and was relieved sharing her story with me. She lived a few blocks away so I decided to walk her home.

While walking, I asked her name. Her name was Sarah. Eventually she started to dance like in the movies. Watching her, dancing in the snowfall, was a pure elation. At last we came near her house. She looked at me and said smiling, "Thank you Nathan. Wish I would've been here for more long.". She bid me farewell and went inside. I felt so good after being with her. Her eyes, her mesmerising smile. I couldn't stop thinking.

Next day after work, instead of going to the bar, I decided to drop by her house.

Sirens blazing a little far away.
I saw an ambulance. I rushed to the scene.
There she was lying, emotionless, pale.

She was declared dead on scene.

"Oh what have I done.. she didn't deserve this. She didn't had to do this!" these thoughts rushed thru my mind. I felt miserable. I felt that I was the culprit, I was the murderer. She had a paper in her hand. I took it and opened it.

"Thanks Nathan."

Wish that night had never ended. Wish I never left her.
Stonks
25 Jul 2017, 03:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Short Story Thread - by Phoenix - 24 Jul 2017, 11:43 PM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Stinger - 25 Jul 2017, 12:07 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Blade - 25 Jul 2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Phoenix - 25 Jul 2017, 12:50 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by FlasH™ - 25 Jul 2017, 05:48 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Phoenix - 25 Jul 2017, 06:26 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by FlasH™ - 25 Jul 2017, 06:33 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by CCPrincess - 25 Jul 2017, 08:02 AM