Current time: 06 Jun 2024, 05:00 AM

SmG reviews movies
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendaryOverwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe BombGamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian
RE: SmG reviews movies

Please try to keep this a review only thread you can dm/pm your views on this thread. Thanks. :)
I'm happy to further explain or go into more detail on my ratings for certain movies if needed.

Title: Black Beauty (1994)
Rating: 7/10
Explanation:  For me, this movie was only go one of 2 ways, be mediocre by staying true to the original story, or go off on its own route and simply reference the original. It was the former in this situation and at times, simply having the book read to me would have been more appreciative. The basis of this movie was simply far too tricky and complex to truly warrant an outstanding movie. Similar to the novel, issues of animal cruelty and ownership were tackled, but despite the gut-wrenching moments, there were simply no standout scenes. A tricky novel to tackle yet executed expertly with no real added creativity. Stand out novel, average film.

Title: Leap/Ballerina (2016)
Rating: 7.5/10
Explanation:  One of few films that truly deserve that midrange 7.5. The idea of passion and dedication in combination was executed perfectly with both amazing visuals and soundtrack to boot. An amazing children's film for driving home the idea that only in combination can one truly stand out and be brilliant. For me, this film was no so much how the story will eventually end, but the journey. Only a fool would miss the glaringly obvious conclusion. However, the importance of that journey is also where this film's problems come to light. The way that journey results in that conclusion is questionable and by the end, those issues almost felt like they were swept under the rug, which may send misleading information to that of young minds. An all star cast with high expectations only to be is seemingly wasted on this film. So much potential, wasted opportunities.

Title: Max Steel
Rating: 3/10
Explanation:  The absolute worst film I've watched to date. Avoid at all cost. There are barely any positives apart from certain visuals and certain plot points. The acting was both bland and Max, played by Ben Winchell, almost sounded like he'd rather be anywhere else. Josh Brener (voice of Steel) sounded both bored and tired at the same time and many of the witty remarks left little more than a chuckle. Not only that, but the plot itself was flawed and predictable throughout the whole movie. And unlike many films that leave you thinking over or reviewing plot points, this left a feeling of 'What did I just watch'. Disastrous film, needs a remake.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
(This post was last modified: 02 Dec 2017, 11:11 AM by Phoenix.)
01 Dec 2017, 11:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
SmG reviews movies - by Phoenix - 01 Dec 2017, 11:03 AM
RE: SmG reviews movies - by Ben-G - 01 Dec 2017, 11:06 AM
RE: SmG reviews movies - by Phoenix - 01 Dec 2017, 11:13 AM
RE: SmG reviews movies - by Phoenix - 02 Dec 2017, 09:41 AM
RE: SmG reviews movies - by Phoenix - 03 Dec 2017, 01:50 AM