Offline Hiralis

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 133
Likes Given: 0
Re: anyone know much about birds?

What you should do is
1) Go to your local hardware store and buy a bird cage
2) Get walking boards for you birds to move their feet around, by some swings etc (This is good for a bird. If they can excersice their feet more than their wings, that is a good thing)
3) Buy a drum of bird seed. My parents bought a drum of cockatiel and budgerigar seed at the start of the year and we're only half way through so far.
4) Buy Food and Water dishes that can sit on a birds cage
5) Change their food and water on a 3 daily basis
6) Clean out their cage once a week, twice during Winter, as they poo to warm themselves up (didn't believe it myself at first, but it actually raises their core temperature)
7) Get the birds out of the cage every now and then and let them fly around and get acquainted with their new surroundings.
8.(otherwise a dumb smiley will pop up) Whistle to them, try to get them to talk. Both my birds talk, and whistle rather handsomely.
9) Of a morning, take them outside, of an afternoon, bring them in. This will give them the heat of the day and protection from the night cold.

I hope this has been helpful

-Hiralis

P.s. Try to get the birds acquainted to living with humans, so whenever you can, just put them on your shoulder and wait for them to fly off. The best way to carry a bird around is either on your shoulder or ON your hand. NEVER grab a bird, as it can break it's spine.
Something I have always been told
Respect everyone you meet, even if you hate them, have respect for them. Help someone out if they need it, it'll help the world go around.
17 Oct 2011, 08:02 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread