Current time: 28 May 2024, 10:56 PM

Poll: Is Stinger a nig?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.78%
7 77.78%
No
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Religion?
Offline Anomaly1

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 15
Likes Given: 0
Re: Religion?

AppleKokoNut Wrote:I found your opinion very interesting, because my brother has started a doctorate in biochemistry a few months ago, and his opinion is quite the opposite of yours. He was raised, like me, as a catholic christian. But he started saying that the things he discovers everyday in his job/studies make him realize that everything that IS, is MEANT TO BE because of the science chain. Nothing exists by accident. I won't go into details, but he claims now that thanks to that, he no longer believes in God, at least for the "almighty creator" side of the idea.

Oh I completely understand where he's coming from. The laws of physics and chemical reactions are convincing enough. I'm just saying that I believe that the likelihood of the big bang and the likelihood of a creator (almighty or otherwise) rival each other.
That's prominently why I choose the agnostic point of view. No matter what we will never know for sure whether a scientific chain of micro-organism creation occurred, or whether there is some deity that may or may not be watching over us. Scientific hypothesis teaches us that without testable results we can not make reliable conclusions. Therefore I remain open to both concepts, but respectfully choose to remain undecided. I figure there's better use for my time than to ponder and explore theology and scientific theory. Solving the origin of our existence is less important (to me anyway) than more pressing matters, like cancer and AIDS.
Youtube: Show Me Gameplay Pl0x!
GT: iTz Anomaly , MLG Anomalyy
MLG: Semi-Pro, Halo 2, 2007
Clemson University, South Carolina
06 Mar 2012, 01:31 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread