Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendaryDiscord Warrior
Because it's going "nowhere"

SmG Leaf Wrote:How is a financial reason irrelevant in business? If someone is losing you money you get rid of them.

Financial decisions are not irrelevant in terms of business, but in this circumstance social obligations trump personal freedom. Federal inspectors inspect private businesses all the time. Do you know why? To ensure that private enterprises are held to a certain standard for the benefit of society. Would it be easier and financially beneficial to not have inspectors come into your business and tell you what to do? Sure, having a grimy ass meat packing business is probably a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than making sure your work conditions and product conditions live up to a certain standard. Does that mean that society should take a laissez-faire approach? Fuck no.

And I would argue that education is the most important industry a society can have, and to that extent all educational institutions should (and are today) held to a high standard.

SmG Leaf Wrote:A catholic teachers job above all is to educate in a theological way. So him being gay affects his ability to do his job.

There is no such thing as a Catholic teacher. There are teachers, and there are ministers/preachers/priests. Do not confuse the two. There is no such thing as educating in a theological way; there is an education, and there is an understanding of allegorical fairy tales. Do not confuse the two.

SmG Leaf Wrote:I was asking it be locked because it's going nowhere.

I'm more inclined to believe you were asking for it to be locked because you didn't want to have to explain why you think it's acceptable to hang "whites only" signs outside of restaurants.

And if not, explain to me why it's acceptable to descriminate on the basis of religion but not race, because I fail to see the difference. Not do I understand what you expect to happen if a religion incorporates a racist doctrine. All three of the questions were dodged by you before, so I don't know what you expect me to conclude otherwise.
10 Apr 2015, 01:00 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread