Current time: 17 May 2024, 07:18 AM

Short Story Thread
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendaryOverwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe BombGamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian
Short Story Thread

I was going to give this to kids as an example, but I feel like what I wrote is a bit too hardcore for 10 year olds. So I'll let the rest of you have a read. Stinger likes it.

Title: Identity

Where am I? The headache hit first. As consciousness returned to me, I felt the awful pounding in my head. The hard, cold stone floor met my touch and I realized I was lying on my left side. With almost too much effort, I opened my eyes. I stared at the faintly lit stonewall in front of me. As I tried to turn over onto my back to see the light source, everything hurt. My bones creaked in agony. My muscles screamed in pain. I needed to know where I was. Sitting up next to the stonewall would be the best choice. The effort to do so would come at a price. A price of pain. I tried not to scream as sat up. Shaking, sweating, panting, I leaned on the stonewall. It hurt.

Slowly, as my eyes adjusted to the dim light, I noticed I was in a small cave. The light source of a dying fire sat before me. A small, roughly made woodpile comprised of roughly shaped branches sat next to the small fire. If I didn’t keep the fire alive, I would be left in total darkness. Suddenly, footsteps could be heard echoing through the cave. Someone was coming. The heaviness of the steps meant the owner was no small pushover. Just as I was thinking about how to fight, the owner of the footsteps appeared in front of me. It was a giant of a man whose head almost touched the ceiling of the two-meter high cave. His long brown hair and beard covered most of his facial features and he wore a simple shirt and jeans. The moment he saw me, he froze. Then he uttered the 3 words I also wanted the answer to.

‘Who are you?’

Anyone else like writing? Post some short stories or even links to books you've written. :D
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
(This post was last modified: 24 Jul 2017, 11:43 PM by Phoenix.)
24 Jul 2017, 11:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Short Story Thread - by Phoenix - 24 Jul 2017, 11:43 PM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Stinger - 25 Jul 2017, 12:07 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Blade - 25 Jul 2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Phoenix - 25 Jul 2017, 12:50 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by FlasH™ - 25 Jul 2017, 05:48 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Phoenix - 25 Jul 2017, 06:26 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by FlasH™ - 25 Jul 2017, 06:33 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by CCPrincess - 25 Jul 2017, 08:02 AM
RE: Short Story Thread - by Blade - 25 Jul 2017, 03:48 PM