Current time: 14 May 2024, 06:12 AM

SmG reviews movies
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendaryOverwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe BombGamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian
RE: SmG reviews movies

Title: Batman vs Superman
Rating: 6/10
Explanation:  A true let down of a great potential film. Despite the beautiful visuals and conflict of opinions, this film overall was a disappointment in the lead up to the justice League. The only real moment of interest lies in the final sequence which shall not be delved into to avoid spoilers. However, only the final few moments of the film were enough to barely save this movie from crashing into the wall of lower ratings. Many strange and at times, unwanted plot points were also introduced throughout the movie that simply left more questions than answers. If Justice league does not deliver, the DC universe is truly in dire straits.

Title: The Secret Life of pets

Rating: 6.5/10
Explanation:  This movie can be easily written off as 'another kids movie'. A logical and obvious plot with visuals and music we've come to accept from modern day animation. Although I still question the casting of Kevin Hart, the issue of identity and belonging resonated well throughout the entire film. However, due to no other real standouts, this simply turned out well rounded in terms of mediocrity. A simple yet basic story that can be easily appreciated by children, but not deep enough to leave the adults thinking. Fun for the kids, a snooze for adults.

Title: Beauty and the Beast

Rating: 7/10
Explanation:  For me, I held a rather strong bias when watching this film. In many instances, I compared the live action to the original animation. Thankfully not a disaster, Emma Watson played a convincing Belle, however the CGI for the Beast was simply a bit too human in my eyes. And although similar to the original, the final fight sequences simply made little sense with its lack in realism and CGI. Still a well rounded attempt in a live action remake that paid homage to the original. Well respected attempt that could have gone so much worse.

Title: Lego Batman movie

Rating: 7.5/10
Explanation:  What a surprise this movie turned out to be. In all honesty, as a follow up to the Lego movie, I expected both humor and quality of animation to that of the original Lego Movie and boy did it deliver and at times, even a bit more. The issue of teamwork was well characterised and tackled throughout the film. Both the characters and plot lines were well developed. Funnily enough, this film held some of the best humor I've seen in a while. All in all, well executed, well rounded family friendly film.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
03 Dec 2017, 01:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
SmG reviews movies - by Phoenix - 01 Dec 2017, 11:03 AM
RE: SmG reviews movies - by Ben-G - 01 Dec 2017, 11:06 AM
RE: SmG reviews movies - by Phoenix - 01 Dec 2017, 11:13 AM
RE: SmG reviews movies - by Phoenix - 02 Dec 2017, 09:41 AM
RE: SmG reviews movies - by Phoenix - 03 Dec 2017, 01:50 AM