Current time: 11 May 2024, 02:29 AM

Poll: Should I oof myself.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
87.50%
7 87.50%
no
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

H2V Server Tool Development
Offline Donald J Trump

9 Years of Service
Threads: 51
Likes Given: 0
ProgrammerDiscord WarriorFortniterFlamerBronze Medal
RE: H2V Server Tool Development

(23 Jan 2018, 10:51 PM)Killer Chief Wrote: No need to thank me for implementing the rank fix and the BETTER VERSION OF xDelay of which I reversed myself and coded into xlive for PUBLIC USE! Good thing you made a tool to toggle these things, I was getting worried configuring a .txt file was too hard for some ppl making dedi servers -_-

Also since when can you toggle someone else's rank via a server? The player's displayed rank is client side controlled. You'd need an external tool to do such things... Of which we are not supporting since not everyone is going to use it thus it will split the community and cause even *more* confusion like we don't get enough with people still reporting 'how do I update the launcher' >_<

If something's going to be project supported, it's gonna be in the xlive.dll module. Get on our level with C/C++ or only do it to 1 or 2 servers max with alphabetically last names. Until the server list bullshit is resolved, I don't want another spam server sitting on the list blimping in and out at the top.

This is a very condescending post and doesn't look good as the first correspondence from the PC staff but none the less I will take the time to respond to you as a good gesture.

>BETTER VERSION OF xDelay of which I reversed myself and coded into xlive for PUBLIC USE!
I tried using that but it was not working for me and has not been working for awhile as I understand it, So I just threw in some old stuff I had to do what I assume is the equivalent of it. No need to toggle your cruise control. It's also nice to be able to control a setting like this without restarting a server, maybe add it into a console command?

>Also since when can you toggle someone else's rank via a server?
You always could control it from the server, we only needed the tool to apply the fix in the past but since you guys added our fix to the DLL. This is no longer the case.

>If something's going to be project supported, it's gonna be in the xlive.dll module.
Refer to the last response; also to add it would take over one of the existing servers. If you have a problem with us releasing a ranking system right now and you have one planned to be release please by all means let us know and we can change plans. Although it is a feature that is planned for the end of development of the tool as I believe there are more important features to integrate before than.

>Get on our level with C/C++
Unnecessary although I did go ahead and refactor an older codebase of the PC project awhile ago to make it neater, you guys should think about doing it so new people can come around and help you develop. As It is right now even opensource it's basically just a clusterfuck and new people will be turned away unless thats the point.

P.S The "Ban display X" commands are broken on the server, but not to worry I figured out how to get the data I needed.
P.P.S The "Dedicated Command" string after every command is annoying.
[Image: 6P0CtQT.png]
23 Jan 2018, 11:01 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
H2V Server Tool Development - by Donald J Trump - 22 Jan 2018, 07:48 PM
RE: H2V Server Tool Development - by Cloud - 22 Jan 2018, 08:03 PM
RE: H2V Server Tool Development - by TragicRage - 22 Jan 2018, 08:39 PM
RE: H2V Server Tool Development - by Prodigy - 22 Jan 2018, 08:43 PM
RE: H2V Server Tool Development - by Donald J Trump - 22 Jan 2018, 08:46 PM
RE: H2V Server Tool Development - by Kite - 22 Jan 2018, 09:38 PM
RE: H2V Server Tool Development - by Sir Duck - 23 Jan 2018, 02:40 AM
RE: H2V Server Tool Development - by FlasH™ - 23 Jan 2018, 04:02 AM