Our own subreddit?
Offline Lynx

6 Years of Service
Threads: 75
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Muss
FortniterDiscord WarriorInstagram
Question  Our own subreddit?

These last few months have been slow for our twitter and Instagram. Things have been very up and down with views and likes. As for followers, stagnant. Very stagnant. The idea i'm proposing is this, how about we move our presence to Reddit?

Allow me to elaborate for the non-reddit users here. Reddit is the "Front Page" of the internet. This place is where all kinds of groups and people congregate to vent, explain and propose thoughts, idea's and stories. You got religion, science, gaming, anime, politics, meme's and news articles. Even NATIONS and TOWNS have their own subreddits! 

I've done a bit of looking around for the two major platforms we use currently and from what I've gathered, the group of people you normally see on these platforms are this.

Twitter: Politicians, Celebrities, Charity Groups, Business', etc
Instagram: Influencer's, More celebrities, Meme Pages, Personal Accounts, etc

Common sense here, says that these aren't our target group that we as gaming community are trying to bring in. See, I believe we should move to Reddit for the sake of our relativity and presence. Reddit has groups for all and any. Its a place where we can share our stories, memories, moments and clips. Sounds like twitter and IG right? Like i said, the way we're gonna expand and become more well known among the masses of the internet, is if we make a big name for ourselves on a substantially larger platform. Reddit also allows us to advertise on other Subreddits as well, spreading our name even faster (completely optional). Now, i'm not saying we should abandon our twitter and IG, as that would be reckless. I'm saying we should drop more time and effort into a place where our mere existence could attract 2 or 3 times the amount of numbers we normally would. For my streaming friends, this would be a great opportunity to build your own name and our community on Subreddits like twitch or mixer. 

I'm going to break this down and put into an analogy. Our admin members are our head. Our arms are the supports and moderators. Our legs are our seniors, scouts, donator's, boosters, streamers and members. As for torso to hip, that would be our platforms... Reddit, Twitter, Youtube and IG.

The general logic i'm trying to present is this, if we wanna expand and bring in more folks, we're gonna need to go where our target groups are. And that place is Reddit. I wanna see this community blow up into a safe haven for gamer's everywhere. Right now, it seems to be that way, but i'm trying to show that this process could be sped up much, MUCH faster if we move somewhere were all you find is gamer's and weeb's.

Thank you for reading and considering. If you have questions, comments and idea's to add, you know where to drop them. 

-Muss
[Image: image0.gif]
13 Aug 2020, 07:17 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Our own subreddit? - by Lynx - 13 Aug 2020, 07:17 PM
RE: Our own subreddit? - by LittleBeta - 13 Aug 2020, 07:20 PM
RE: Our own subreddit? - by Lynx - 13 Aug 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: Our own subreddit? - by Wires - 14 Aug 2020, 01:06 AM
RE: Our own subreddit? - by Lynx - 14 Aug 2020, 01:14 AM
RE: Our own subreddit? - by Cloud - 17 Aug 2020, 09:15 AM
RE: Our own subreddit? - by Lynx - 17 Aug 2020, 12:24 PM