SmGcraft dead?
Offline «SmG» Cloud

The King
Administrators
13 Years of Service
Threads: 2,104
Likes Given: 107
Discord: Cloud#2911
Speaker of the HouseDrunkFortniterDrunkDiscord Warrior5KA Knight of The Round TableGamerTwitterHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018Valentines Day RubyGolden GuardianBoost GangHalloween 2019ScoutBug HunterDiamond
RE: SmGcraft dead?

(26 Jan 2021, 05:26 PM)ScrubMart Wrote: SmGcraft as we know is famous for saying 0 players I've come to explain where the players went and why they left. The people who I've chatted with seemed to enjoy it until something hit the mind, SmG craft had too many functions and plugins and no resets which left people confusing and bored. So what can SmG do, I suggest making SmG competitive factions and host event every week with weekly prizes, they can be as small as a rank or even we can make SmG buycraft it will all be for the fun of it!  SmG

SmG ScrubMart - "It may die but it will always be with us"

SmGCraft died because the player to server ration is too low. Competition is too high and minecraft isn't a game people play that much anymore. Most people get bored of it quickly. You can add plugins, mods, and whatever but I promise you minecraft will never take off unless you dedicated your entire community to it. Which we don't do because we play a wide variety of games.

We have had many minecraft servers over the years and have seen this happen about 10 times by now with SmG (search the forum for minecraft you'll see for yourself). Multiple types, multiple hosts, and many different server managers. All have died. I warned @«SmG» Wires about this numerous times before he started working on SmGCraft. But Wires is a great admin and an even better friend so I supported him even though I believed from the start his efforts might not workout. Plus he was doing it for SmG which I will ALWAYS support every time. Simply there is nothing anyone did wrong it is just how Minecraft hosting is.

Then on top of everything I have said Wires is busy IRL and wasn't able to work and make updates to the server. Out of respect for him and the work he created I keep the server running but do nothing else for it.

I respect the dedication and energy you have for this though. You are a true SmG member.
[Image: b4eQPAf.gif]
(This post was last modified: 26 Jan 2021, 10:31 PM by Cloud.)
26 Jan 2021, 10:27 PM
The following 1 user Likes «SmG» Cloud's post:
  • SmG Altair

Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
SmGcraft dead? - by ScrubMart - 26 Jan 2021, 05:26 PM
RE: SmGcraft dead? - by Cloud - 26 Jan 2021, 10:27 PM
RE: SmGcraft dead? - by Nukem - 27 Jan 2021, 12:19 AM
RE: SmGcraft dead? - by Alphii - 27 Jan 2021, 12:32 AM
RE: SmGcraft dead? - by ScrubMart - 27 Jan 2021, 09:19 AM
RE: SmGcraft dead? - by Wires - 27 Jan 2021, 04:46 PM
RE: SmGcraft dead? - by ScrubMart - 27 Jan 2021, 04:57 PM