Current time: 29 Apr 2024, 06:54 PM

Crowsworn (No, it's not a Hollow Knight ripoff)
Offline SpaghetInDaHood

SmG Member
2 Years of Service
Threads: 12
Likes Given: 6
Discord: SpaghetInDaHood#0117
Crowsworn (No, it's not a Hollow Knight ripoff)

Hi guys, it's ya gaming recommendation boy back again, with a game coming out not to soon actually. However, I'm advising anyone who wants to chip in support it on Kickstarter in the 20 hours it has left as of the time this post is sent. Or maybe just follow the development, your choice.

Crowsworn is a new metroidvania heavily compared to the vastly successful Hollow Knight due to its genre, general aesthetic and art style. I for one, think the games do look similar on the surface, but not only have we not seen quite all the game has t offer, but it also seems to be much more inspired by Medieval style in its background and character design (the main character literally wears a plague doctor mask). Not to mention the main character wields a gun. In many aspects, I believe it is fair to compare it to Hollow Knight but pretty stupid to call it a clone.

Now, onto the game itself. Crowsworn appears to be what I'd call 'Bloodborne the metroidvania' and looks to borrow a lot from its style in weapons and design. It features a lot of shooting, obviously and some kind of way to empower your bullets. Overall, I think it looks like a very interesting take on the metroidvania genre, although I'd be surprised if it did anything revolutionary or astonishingly new. 

Let me know what you think!
[Image: ETYO0S1UUAEyPFe.png]
08 Aug 2021, 06:55 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Crowsworn (No, it's not a Hollow Knight ripoff) - by SpaghetInDaHood - 08 Aug 2021, 06:55 PM