Political Discussion that came out of nowhere
Offline SmG Conan

SmG Booster
Booster
12 Years of Service
Threads: 89
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Meatspin#9716
DrunkHand-held/Mobile GamerLegendarySapphire DonatorThanks From CloudChristmas 2018
GamerLeague of LegendsBronze MedalHalloween 2019Boost Gang
Re: Political Discussion that came out of nowhere

@Beasty, your scenarios are applied when no choice is left. All the things i mentioned, are u trying to convince me that there was no choice left. Why would you go to war on the middle east to get terrorists? why don't you just do what you did with Osama (which i gotta admit was a nice work considering who was that man and what he represented), intelligence work. Bombs droping(nukes) there's no really excuse for this.

SmG Beasty Wrote:I cannot say the same for battlefire or oldspiritz, but I do speak for myself above. That being said, people will always die. It is a reality we all face. Some pass gracefully in there sleep. Others by an atomic bomb. But regardless all people die. Being innocent of the frustrations of those who killed you is irrelevant. Have you seen the movie Speed? Imagine such a situation, and that bus because it is speeding hits me and I am killed. I had nothing to do with the ass who placed the bomb on the bus. But if the bus had slowed down more people would have died. So I was killed to preserve the lives of dozens of others. I did not and would not likely choose to be martyered in such event. But it was out of my control, and in the decision of another, 1 life was sacrificed to save 12 others. In the end, as mother always says "shit happens". I wouldnt like that i was killed but I wouldnt be angry at them for making the choice they did.

Apply that scenario to the bomb drops and you will see it in a different light.
This is the worst thing you could have ever posted.

Why judge a murdered, people always die, he was gonna die anyway. Why should regret the nukes and bombs dropping, people always die, they were going to die anyway.

What gives you the right, what gives you the power to decide which life is more important than another one? Please explain yourself.

Your "Speed" scenario, perfect way to give me the reason. Why don't you try everything you have to save the 12 lifes and that 1 life that was sacrificed? You know the bus cannot reduce the speed but you can draw a route and clear everyone out of it so there won't be any casualities.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/268RLZL.png[/img]
20 Apr 2013, 01:11 AM
Website Find
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian

SmG Battlefire Wrote:The death star. It can destroy planets.

We might get there. We might make something like that.
I still can't believe you Americans are actually wanting one.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
20 Apr 2013, 01:11 AM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
12 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

@Pheonix. If americans built a death star lets be honest we would be master race xD

@SmG Conan ive been trying to tell you all along that the bomb droppings in WW2 WERE no choice!

And the whole speed thing, your missing the point conan. Its not about how one dies or who goes about dying. The point is if some body is gonna die, making the choice that causes least death is hard, in the end some body ends up dead. And you havent seen speed i presume. They couldnt get anyone off the bus or the guy would have blown the bus up.
20 Apr 2013, 01:18 AM
Find
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service

If you built a death star, Luke Skywalker would destroy it.

20 Apr 2013, 01:23 AM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
12 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

^ Even better build a giant unicron and force the would to surrender there land or we have our giant eyeball transformer eat the world. All your base are belong to us >:D
20 Apr 2013, 01:25 AM
Find
Offline SmG Conan

SmG Booster
Booster
12 Years of Service
Threads: 89
Discord: Meatspin#9716
DrunkHand-held/Mobile GamerLegendarySapphire DonatorThanks From CloudChristmas 2018
GamerLeague of LegendsBronze MedalHalloween 2019Boost Gang

SmG Beasty Wrote:@Pheonix. If americans built a death star lets be honest we would be master race xD

@SmG Conan ive been trying to tell you all along that the bomb droppings in WW2 WERE no choice!

And the whole speed thing, your missing the point conan. Its not about how one dies or who goes about dying. The point is if some body is gonna die, making the choice that causes least death is hard, in the end some body ends up dead. And you havent seen speed i presume. They couldnt get anyone off the bus or the guy would have blown the bus up.
Are u talking about that movie when an ex-police officer puts a bomb in a random bus, that will explode if the bus reduces the speed below 50mph or rise the speed above 55 mph, and he's going to blow it up if he sees someone leaving it cause he got cameras on the bus, then the matrix guy comes to save the day, he made other guys hack the camera, then takes the bus to an airport so no helicopters would follow the car then evacuate everyone else then crash the bus?

Anyway, still when you try to do something as big as that, you need to see the collateral damage that will produce. Why do u needed to decide the bombs droping that would create a collateral damage bigger than another choice, hitting people that are not involved, when you could fight(considering how big was the Allies army and the Japanese army, or the state of the Axis army) which wouldn't have less collateral damage. Again, you said before, the reason of the bombings were because that would cost less US/ALLIES soldiers deaths. What gives you the power to decide what life is more important tha another one. Cause because of saving US soldiers life, you murdered people that weren't involved on the war, civilians.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/268RLZL.png[/img]
20 Apr 2013, 01:33 AM
Website Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
12 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

^so we are supposed to save enemies lives above our own simply because in certain lights it seemed morally unjustifiable?

Im sorry, its just that no matter how unjustifiable it seems, the fact that we had to drop TWO with several day grace periods before there emperor decided hed surrender spoke volumes about that countries dedication in fighting to the last man. Hell, every able bodied civilan felt it their duty to blatently run into gunfire in the name of japan and the emperor. I believe the only reason they even did surrender was because the nuke was such a massive weapon the jappanese government had no idea how to handle it. What would have been worse? Nuke a few city blocks or start a full scale six month land invasion where civilians would have fought and died? Im not saying it was morally right conan, but it was a very hard choice on us and we had to save the most lives, regardless of their ethnicity.
20 Apr 2013, 01:44 AM
Find
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service

SmG Beasty Wrote:^ Even better build a giant unicron and force the would to surrender there land or we have our giant eyeball transformer eat the world. All your base are belong to us >:D
All the sci-fi coming to life. MADNESS!

20 Apr 2013, 02:12 AM
Find
Offline SmG Pulse

12 Years of Service
Threads: 141
LegendaryHalo GodGamerHand-held/Mobile Gamer

Lol @ Beasty's examples xD
20 Apr 2013, 02:30 AM
Website Find
Offline SmG Dragonrage

Royal Dragon
11 Years of Service
Gavel of TrinityLeague of LegendsProgrammerCoolCrystal DonatorLegendary

SmG Conan Wrote:
SmG Beasty Wrote:@Pheonix. If americans built a death star lets be honest we would be master race xD

Are u talking about that movie when an ex-police officer puts a bomb in a random bus, that will explode if the bus reduces the speed below 50mph or rise the speed above 55 mph, and he's going to blow it up if he sees someone leaving it cause he got cameras on the bus, then the matrix guy comes to save the day, he made other guys hack the camera, then takes the bus to an airport so no helicopters would follow the car then evacuate everyone else then crash the bus?

Anyway, still when you try to do something as big as that, you need to see the collateral damage that will produce. Why do u needed to decide the bombs droping that would create a collateral damage bigger than another choice, hitting people that are not involved, when you could fight(considering how big was the Allies army and the Japanese army, or the state of the Axis army) which wouldn't have less collateral damage. Again, you said before, the reason of the bombings were because that would cost less US/ALLIES soldiers deaths. What gives you the power to decide what life is more important tha another one. Cause because of saving US soldiers life, you murdered people that weren't involved on the war, civilians.
War is an ugly thing. The lives of ones countries come first for those who are ruling. It is there job to protect them the best they can. The army is part of that. One should not throw away the lives of his soldiers when other methods of winning the war are available. They brought the war to us so they knew the consequences.
[Image: mla7mw8hs3u0g9czg.jpg?size_id=5]
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
20 Apr 2013, 03:16 AM
Website Find