Current time: 08 Jun 2024, 08:01 AM

how to yolo provisionals 101
Offline Mr. Maggot

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 179
Likes Given: 0
Re: how to yolo provisionals 101

Anything can happen in provs, doesnt matter in the long run.

After being 9-5 in ranked then 12-26 and from there 26-26. From this, although I do not want to believe it but I am yet again proved that in reality there's no such elo hell. If you really are better than your league you'll advance quickly. Sure in provisionals anything can happen because its just 10 matches.
But in the longer run if you're stuck in a division for many matches, its because you deserve it.

I was on a 15 match loss streak, because last season's main akali got nerfed and it took me a while to
realize the extent of it. I lost and this probably lead to negativity in my gameplay and thus lost further. After I took a small break and played other champions, I was able to get to winning again. It was terrible at first because I was getting 8-10 LP per win even though I was on a streak but it got better however I still only got 20 LP at most.

So all those who do badly in provs and then blame their team/everyone but them, after for not being able to get out of their divisions. gg
Sure its fun complaining and relieves stress/frustration but in the end if you deserve you'll get higher.
25 Feb 2015, 08:15 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Stinger

Reaper
13 Years of Service
Threads: 584
Discord: Stingaz#8558
Gavel of TrinityThe BombGuardianOverwatchThanks From CloudSpeaker of the House
LegendaryDiscord WarriorDiamondWriter5KGamer
The BombHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018Discord MasterBronze Medal
Cool

^... but can we blame them if they are afk all game [daw]
[Image: Stinger-1.gif]
25 Feb 2015, 09:03 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Unreal

11 Years of Service
Threads: 45
Discord: Savage™#1505
OverwatchLegendary

«SmG» Stinger Wrote:^... but can we blame them if they are afk all game [daw]

Even 1 afk the whole game is highly unlikely
[Image: d18134bafb2b0e1894ffc3a64e55355a.png]

25 Feb 2015, 10:51 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian

Mr. Maggot Wrote:Anything can happen in provs, doesnt matter in the long run.

After being 9-5 in ranked then 12-26 and from there 26-26. From this, although I do not want to believe it but I am yet again proved that in reality there's no such elo hell. If you really are better than your league you'll advance quickly. Sure in provisionals anything can happen because its just 10 matches.
But in the longer run if you're stuck in a division for many matches, its because you deserve it.

I was on a 15 match loss streak, because last season's main akali got nerfed and it took me a while to
realize the extent of it. I lost and this probably lead to negativity in my gameplay and thus lost further. After I took a small break and played other champions, I was able to get to winning again. It was terrible at first because I was getting 8-10 LP per win even though I was on a streak but it got better however I still only got 20 LP at most.

So all those who do badly in provs and then blame their team/everyone but them, after for not being able to get out of their divisions. gg
Sure its fun complaining and relieves stress/frustration but in the end if you deserve you'll get higher.

Or you can be salty. Streamers get thrown money for the salt.
Also Vader, not many in the League community want to push that hard after a losing streak. That's why Hearthstone ranked is actually better.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
26 Feb 2015, 03:53 AM
Find Reply
Offline Mr. Maggot

Registered
13 Years of Service

^which is why LoL is considered a truly competitive game and a (e)sport, where as hearthstone is not.

In all honesty AFK's are extremely rare. In lower levels of ranked they might be slightly more common but still, there are few players who do not connect at all in the entire duration of the game. Its more a case of a player quiting out of frustration after feeding or believing that there is no hope of winning.
If you're carrying there is little reason for a player to afk for such reasons.
26 Feb 2015, 07:48 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Stinger

Reaper
13 Years of Service
Threads: 584
Discord: Stingaz#8558
Gavel of TrinityThe BombGuardianOverwatchThanks From CloudSpeaker of the House
LegendaryDiscord WarriorDiamondWriter5KGamer
The BombHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018Discord MasterBronze Medal
Cool

Mr. Maggot Wrote:^which is why LoL is considered a truly competitive game and a (e)sport, where as hearthstone is not.

In all honesty AFK's are extremely rare. In lower levels of ranked they might be slightly more common but still, there are few players who do not connect at all in the entire duration of the game. Its more a case of a player quiting out of frustration after feeding or believing that there is no hope of winning.

Last provisionals I had 2 games in which there was an afk the entire game (ofc my team :() so it must be different in OCE, as having afk's is a normal and annoying thing
[Image: Stinger-1.gif]
26 Feb 2015, 09:44 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian

«SmG» Stinger Wrote:
Mr. Maggot Wrote:^which is why LoL is considered a truly competitive game and a (e)sport, where as hearthstone is not.

Last provisionals I had 2 games in which there was an afk the entire game (ofc my team :() so it must be different in OCE, as having afk's is a normal and annoying thing

F*ck off. Hearthstone has tournaments as well and they are more commonly broadcasted.
Also it's far more common in OCE to have afks.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
26 Feb 2015, 06:05 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Unreal

11 Years of Service
Threads: 45
Discord: Savage™#1505
OverwatchLegendary

«SmG» Stinger Wrote:

You don't play enough ranked game to judge.
[Image: d18134bafb2b0e1894ffc3a64e55355a.png]

26 Feb 2015, 08:49 PM
Find Reply
Offline Mr. Maggot

Registered
13 Years of Service

Its highly unlikely that there are many more afk's in OCE, especially with the new leaver buster penalties which are confirmed drastically reducing afks. I don't want to argue along that because none of us have real statistical data. Even assuming that, you should be facing afks as often as you're matched with them which evens out your overall LP ranked experience. I never hear about people publicizing about the time they faced afks.

If you're claiming that you always get matched with the afk's(in your team) then we are beyond this conversation because your facts are not factual and you're using an invalid excuse.

I too had AFK's thrice in my season 4 provisionals. Once in my team, the other time in the enemy team and the final time, when the enemy laner quit because I dominated lane.
Now that your gold(and assuming your mmr is gold average) you should be facing fewer afks anyways.
27 Feb 2015, 07:22 AM
Find Reply
Offline Vergo

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 33

Bro, those are just bad plays not really trollers. I may have play bad games but come on having a lot of players rage quit just bcs they doing bad is just insane. Or how about the sup that says fuck it im going to sup top. U havent experienced all those trollers in ranked. Doing bad isnt the same as lose for fun.
I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you....Stronger!                          

[Image: o6ldxq9c.png]
Tryouts done: 5
Fake's Caught : 24 Glitcher's Caught : 11 Hackers caught : 3

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnhDnr3hml3KGHDBoVlsn...G_yD9GeLoV]
[Image: 4062781678.png][Image: tumblr_inline_ng02a3R9WW1t635ft.gif]
02 Mar 2015, 12:15 PM
Find Reply