The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior
Re: Grammar Nazi's (Mostly Pirate)

No it's not. We're is a contraction of "we are", smart one.
25 Jun 2013, 09:42 PM
Find
Offline «LSR»Galbat

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 14

Beasty on the first page wrote: "were"
Smart one.
[Image: smg_zpsd506ba39.jpg]
Gaming on Alienware GTX 690 i7-3960X 3.30 GHZ
25 Jun 2013, 09:58 PM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

Exactly, in the OP he originally wrote that his lowest grades "we're in english..."

"We are in english..." makes no sense in that context, it would be "were". After I made him aware of this, he edited the OP accordingly. Smart one.
25 Jun 2013, 10:12 PM
Find
Offline SmG Dragonrage

Royal Dragon
11 Years of Service
Gavel of TrinityLeague of LegendsProgrammerCoolCrystal DonatorLegendary

SmG Beasty Wrote:Exactly, in the OP he originally wrote that his lowest grades "we're in english..."

"We are in english..." Doesn't make sense in that context, it would be "were". After I made him aware of this, he edited the OP accordingly. Smart one.
Fixed ur grammar. Now omega, if you could post an essay that you have written that we don't need to know the context for or questions from PSAT's or SAT's that you don't understand here, we could review them and give you input. We first need to know where your problems lie with grammar to be able to help you.
[Image: mla7mw8hs3u0g9czg.jpg?size_id=5]
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
26 Jun 2013, 12:21 AM
Website Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

SmG Dragonrage Wrote:I Fixed your grammar for you. Now Alloy, if you could post an essay that you have written that doesn't require knowing the context of, or questions from, PSAT's or SAT's, we could review and give you imput on the ones you don't understand. First and formost, we need to know where your problems with grammar lie before we can help you with them.

FTFY

I find it slightly ironic that your reply correcting a grammar mistake of mine was far more grammatically incorrect.
26 Jun 2013, 12:55 AM
Find
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 168

yaw r lyk supah baad @ inglish. u shud rly lrn hw 2 inglush b4 u tl uthars to inglash gd!

There's a fine line between correcting someone and being a prick, everyone makes mistakes, everyone. It's a bare human trait. My English is not that great either, I make mistakes all the time, but I try and correct them, without spell check it's really difficult to make sure you're correct, I also have a really shitty keyboard, so that doesn't help me, I hit keys and it doesn't send the right keystrokes, or doubles on letters, sometimes I miss letters, and even words.

Spoken, and written English are almost completely different languages, in text you have to use more words to convey your message, but while you're speaking people can hear your tones to detect sarcasm and the likes, you can also hear emotion in peoples voices, and if you can see them, you can see the emotions and even use your body to tell part of the story. But, in text you can not do that, and you need to make sure you can write properly, and when typing it's different again, you could change fonts to convey different messages, but usually that never happens, in writing you can tell a lot from someone's handwriting, when you're typing you can't tell what they really mean so you're just guessing, and it's usually influenced by your own attitude at the time. If you're angry, you will read compliments usually as sarcasm, and take insults to heart.
While nothing I just said really helps your grammar, still a good message to adhere to.

Now, can everyone please stop posting, unless, you're Omega and you're posting up some text for proof reading / marking. Thank you.
Omega, can you do what I just asked, post about a couple paragraphs of your work and I will mark it for you. I won't be too strict on you, but I will be honest. If you don't want to post it publicly, you can always PM me.
[Image: 27269.png]
26 Jun 2013, 01:55 AM
Website Find
Offline Omega

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 183

Alright I will send you a PM pirate. Also please no more spam.
26 Jun 2013, 02:02 AM
Find
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 168

I'll reply tomorrow, sorry about that, got distracted today with shit. So I'll finish checking it out tomorrow, from what I have seen it's pretty well done, but I only skimmed over it. :)
[Image: 27269.png]
26 Jun 2013, 10:10 AM
Website Find
Offline Omega

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 183

Alright. I'll be waiting for your reply :)
27 Jun 2013, 03:43 AM
Find