The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior
Because it's going "nowhere"

SmG Leaf Wrote:How is a financial reason irrelevant in business? If someone is losing you money you get rid of them.

Financial decisions are not irrelevant in terms of business, but in this circumstance social obligations trump personal freedom. Federal inspectors inspect private businesses all the time. Do you know why? To ensure that private enterprises are held to a certain standard for the benefit of society. Would it be easier and financially beneficial to not have inspectors come into your business and tell you what to do? Sure, having a grimy ass meat packing business is probably a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than making sure your work conditions and product conditions live up to a certain standard. Does that mean that society should take a laissez-faire approach? Fuck no.

And I would argue that education is the most important industry a society can have, and to that extent all educational institutions should (and are today) held to a high standard.

SmG Leaf Wrote:A catholic teachers job above all is to educate in a theological way. So him being gay affects his ability to do his job.

There is no such thing as a Catholic teacher. There are teachers, and there are ministers/preachers/priests. Do not confuse the two. There is no such thing as educating in a theological way; there is an education, and there is an understanding of allegorical fairy tales. Do not confuse the two.

SmG Leaf Wrote:I was asking it be locked because it's going nowhere.

I'm more inclined to believe you were asking for it to be locked because you didn't want to have to explain why you think it's acceptable to hang "whites only" signs outside of restaurants.

And if not, explain to me why it's acceptable to descriminate on the basis of religion but not race, because I fail to see the difference. Not do I understand what you expect to happen if a religion incorporates a racist doctrine. All three of the questions were dodged by you before, so I don't know what you expect me to conclude otherwise.
10 Apr 2015, 01:00 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior
Re: Because it's going "nowhere"

SmG Vergo Wrote:Dude you don't know the importance of the religion beliefs. You who dont know how the religious people think, wont understand that from their point of view ,homosexual is wrong.He knew gays arent approved there.

A former Roman Catholic doesn't know how religious people think. A former Roman Catholoc doesn't know how much religious people think their beliefs are important. Open mouth, insert foot.

SmG Vergo Wrote:Religion has exist for centuries. Gays are being accepted since what , 20th ? They wont accept or wont change their beliefs just bcs community has accepted gays. For you and other atheist gays may be normal but from the religious point of view it isnt.

So what, an apeal to tradition? It's ok to be wrong because it's a longstanding idea? Murderers have been killing people for centuries, does that make it ok for them to think murder is ok, for them to teach murder is ok, for them to practice murder being okay in their everyday lives? What the hell is your point vergo?

SmG Vergo Wrote:And to make it clear.Him being gay doesn't affects his ability to do his job. Rather has a bad influence on the kids that are being told that gay isnt normal is a normal thing by having a teacher with a gay relationship.

Bad influence on the kids how, by having them question the validity of the venom spewed at a minority group? What does bad influence even mean to you?

SmG Vergo Wrote:Ps: Leaf asked for the topic to be locked bcs he made. If he wants it to be locked why denied it. You want the topic to continue make your own topic.

Why bother having someone lock the topic when you know I'm just going to make a new one? What's the point in that?
10 Apr 2015, 01:13 PM
Find Reply
Offline Leaf

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 24
Programmer

SmG Beasty Wrote:
SmG Leaf Wrote:A catholic teachers job above all is to educate in a theological way. So him being gay affects his ability to do his job.

There is no such thing as a Catholic teacher. There are teachers, and there are ministers/preachers/priests. Do not confuse the two. There is no such thing as educating in a theological way; there is an education, and there is an understanding of allegorical fairy tales. Do not confuse the two.

SmG Leaf Wrote:I was asking it be locked because it's going nowhere.

I'm more inclined to believe you were asking for it to be locked because you didn't want to have to explain why you think it's acceptable to hang "whites only" signs outside of restaurants.

And if not, explain to me why it's acceptable to descriminate on the basis of religion but not race, because I fail to see the difference. Not do I understand what you expect to happen if a religion incorporates a racist doctrine. All three of the questions were dodged by you before, so I don't know what you expect me to conclude otherwise.

Teachers are required by that school to "educate for formation in faith" and their contracts state that any teacher teaching against the faith will be fired. because he is getting married and that is a direct contradiction with the beliefs he would be teaching that SSM is ok. that would be a breach of contract so the school could fire him. catholic teachers who sign yearly contracts aren't the same as public teachers who do not. don't confuse the two.

I never said a business could hang whites only signs.

it's not discrimination and I never said it was. it's a business decision based on finance and religious principle, since he chose to go against those principles and go against the faith they aren't obligated to keep him there.

any other questions?
10 Apr 2015, 02:58 PM
Find Reply
Offline Vergo

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 33

Man dont lose your time trying to reason with beasty. You'll never end. He's to closed minded to understand any logic. I'm out of this.
I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you....Stronger!                          

[Image: o6ldxq9c.png]
Tryouts done: 5
Fake's Caught : 24 Glitcher's Caught : 11 Hackers caught : 3

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnhDnr3hml3KGHDBoVlsn...G_yD9GeLoV]
[Image: 4062781678.png][Image: tumblr_inline_ng02a3R9WW1t635ft.gif]
10 Apr 2015, 03:22 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

SmG Vergo Wrote:Man dont lose your time trying to reason with beasty. You'll never end. He's to closed minded to understand any logic. I'm out of this.

You were never in this to begin with. You didn't have a leg to stand on.

That English though, fuck man.
10 Apr 2015, 04:18 PM
Find Reply
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

Beasty, brush up on law. I even asked my AP US Government teacher if they have the right to do this and he said yes. Religion have leeway and your argument about religion will take no effect, they can't prove to you that God can appear before you or he can turn a rock to a tree at this instant, but at the same time they can argue to you that there is no logical proof that God doesn't exist. They say because big bang theory, well then, wtf happens before that. GG m8s people actually believe they are evolved monkeys because 99% of over decillions of our DNAs are similar ---> that's a huge huge huge huge marginal error and other speicies of monkeys are still the same as they were when we were homo sapiens or neanderthals. So it's basically a stalemate and it comes down to what you really believe in and how you see the world and the future.

Oh and the parents are funding their kids education, if that teacher is still there they would take their kids out and probably the school has to shutdown due to no funding. Parents are doing the right thing, they are doing what they believe is best for their kids educationally as well as religiously. They believe in God and they don't believe in homosexuality, get over it.
10 Apr 2015, 05:50 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

[Image: QwnAQ8Ql.jpg]
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
10 Apr 2015, 05:56 PM
Find Reply
Offline JC99

Registered
10 Years of Service
Threads: 6

whats going on anyways?
Use everyday to the fullest. Its not like you have millions of them.
10 Apr 2015, 05:57 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian

If you could reason with religion, there would be no religion to begin with.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
10 Apr 2015, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
Offline Legacy

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 25
Legendary

George Bush doesn't care about black people